• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers and helping other people with aspergers

I feel that people that are quite, or mute, come across the wrong way.

It's a gift of gab world. I believe that being quite is actually a gift sometimes. Being quite, I feel will one day be a blessing instead of a curse.

People that are quite and can control their sensory issues, can turn a curse into a blessing by fine tuning a few things in life.

Out in "the real world" I am extremely quiet. Some people have even called me rude... I often just fear saying something because I basically suck at verbal communication as far as chit chat. I hate it.

I am a good listener and I'm very analytical so I can solve problems if people will take their drama out of the situation.

I think I am reasonable in writing how I feel, but not talking about much of anything. However, I will give someone the shirt off my back, or whatever is needed if they are in a very bad situation.

Not even talking about me... But I truly think that even though we can't maybe communicate real well... ASD types are very good hearted when we grasp what is going on.

I am trying to get my psychiatrist to believe that I am not crazy. I want him to know that my mind is sound. But that I still have ADHD and aspergers but I feel like I do not have schizo affective disorder but I have psychosis associated with asperger.

Anyone have psychosis associated with aspergers or does psychosis always have to be associated with a major mental disorder?

My psychosis do not bother me too much, but they are slightly positive or negative depending on where I am at in my mind.

For example, if I let the trash pile up in my kitchen then I will look at the trash and what comes to mind is that it is trash and that it is specificaly white trash. So I would refer to myself as white trash.

This is something I feel that has to do with a certain situation in my past where I was always called white trash from my ex wife, she was nicaraguan. I am sensitive to name calling and words that are hateful really stick in my head.

Not anymore thou, I learned to deal with them through Christ.

Out in "the real world" I am extremely quiet. Some people have even called me rude... I often just fear saying something because I basically suck at verbal communication as far as chit chat. I hate it.

I am a good listener and I'm very analytical so I can solve problems if people will take their drama out of the situation.

I think I am reasonable in writing how I feel, but not talking about much of anything. However, I will give someone the shirt off my back, or whatever is needed if they are in a very bad situation.

Not even talking about me... But I truly think that even though we can't maybe communicate real well... ASD types are very good hearted when we grasp what is going on.

I feel that we are misunderstood. we are in fact sometimes too caring to the point we shut ourselves down and want to avoid situations because they are exhausting.

It's easier to sit back and let others deal with the matter and avoid the situation

Mental illness and the brains processing system is something that can be controlled and over come. I knew from a very young age, that I come from a line of alcoholism and mental illness. I am not suprised when I enter the doctors office and get disgnosed with: schizo affective disorder-bi polar type, ADHD, aspergers etc. What I chose to do is lock myself up and to educate myself and become my own psychologist. Ths is working and in the meantime I worked on my marine biology, Math, chemistry. biology, psychology and the bible. This may sound like alot of work, it was, it has been 10 years that I locked myself up to educate myself. I may not be healed all the way, but I am healed to the point that I feel I am ready for the next chapter in this game called life. The land of milk and honey chapter.

I would love to become a psychologist and specialize in helping others over come obstacles. I do not know if it is my calling or marine biology. Marine biology would be the easy route.

Either way it's going to be several years before I see my first slice of the ocean or patient.

Or you could do both and become the first marine psychologist... the dolphins might be easier to assess than humans.
Then again the payment and them keeping appointments might become problematic...

Seriously go for your passion. I would always rather speak to someone who has some hint of what it's like to be like me, than some book smart expert who doesn't know anything about what it's like to live in this messed up meat suit!

Or you could do both and become the first marine psychologist... the dolphins might be easier to assess than humans.
Then again the payment and them keeping appointments might become problematic...

Seriously go for your passion. I would always rather speak to someone who has some hint of what it's like to be like me, than some book smart expert who doesn't know anything about what it's like to live in this messed up meat suit!

My passion is marine biology. I have a hard time getting to this distination. I live in Canada but the university is in Australia at James Cook Universty.

I have no use for my psychiatrist anymore, because I have been off my meds for a month now. This has allowed for the gifts of asperger and adhd to flourish. I can study for 12-16 plus hours a day, 6-7 day s a week.

Psychology will be my back up plan. I honestly have nothing better to do. It will keep me busy and lead to a successful career afterwards.

That's cool that you have ADHD and can hold your attention like that. I admire that. I can hold serious attention for a couple hours at a time and I have to go do something else, or take a nap. I start chasing things in my head and lose focus...

My boss sometimes just dies laughing because he will ask some random off the subject question just to watch me get all flustered, when he senses me off chasing rabbits in my head.

I have one of the greatest bosses on the planet. He is the president of the Board of Directors and he could crush me like a bug... instead he is more like my brother and he watches over me and sometimes I don't know what or how to feel, but I know I am greatful.

Nice. I may of overexagerated and can put in closer to 12 hours a day. My processing system conflict with each other and they cause psychosis at times this makes it hard for me to go to school. Only way that I attend school is by the grace of God and the holy spirit and nothing else.

If it was up to everyone else they would like me locked up in a institution. but i am not a threat to myself or others. There is no funding here in Canada for psychologist. I have to do the job of MD's.

Tell me more about synethesia?

I too feel I have a hyper analytical skill, I am diagnose with ADHD and Aspergers apparently some other great minds may of been blessed with these conditions.

Synesthesia is a mix of two senses; the most common type is seeing colors when reading or calculating.

Edit: Tree, thanks! i didn't see your post before :)

New Threads

Top Bottom