• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers and helping other people with aspergers

Clintos

What gift, or gifts, do you think, know or perceive, you have as a person with aspergers?

Can they be useful for helping others with aspergers?

What helps you, In which you believe may help others?

Last edited:
For me I percieve myself to have an ability to heal myself, through reading books, talking on forums like this, and listening and observing other people. Then taking certain informtion that is useful and adding it to my brain, which operates on a different operating system and combine it together.

I hope to one day be in a place where i can help others that may not cope as well with some of the negative symptoms of aspergers.

I feel in my heart of hearts that with the help of the holy spirit, i may help others someday. I'm a believer in where the mind goes, so does the man, and that the mind is the battlefield.

I am like The Penguin, because much to my surprise despite being terrible with mathmatics, I have an aptitude with finances.

I also seem to be able to advice NT females on their relationships with male aspies. Perhaps because, despite my severe lacking in the world of NT's, I thought I was one and so, just tried to the best I could. And have a natural way with psychology.

I have been told before I am helpful because I have good insights on autism. But I don't think I'm good at anything else to help anybody with.

commenting on this site is what helps me, by writing i can sometimes see my own inconsistencies, rereading my posts helps me critique myself and the reactions help understand where i may be going wrong, i don't need my 'insights' to be useful to others in se to justify writing them, but if they can help by resonating with other people then i think that that is nice to be able to contribute, i think many of us 'older' people remember what it was like before it was a 'lable/identity' - and have had more time to find our own insights, workarounds and coping strategies, hopefully they can still be useful to others

Conversation is hard for me verbally, but when written down it becomes easier. Like writting on forums.

I feel the holy spirit works through me, and is my helper now a days. I am not alone in this battle for wisdom.

Being on these forums allow me to think constructively and gives me enough time to respond.

In the real world, I shut down and I am selectively mute.

Through Abba, my Daddy, I am for the first time feeling things like love, and I am learning that to help others I first have to help myself.

The word of God is like a light into the valley of darkness.

If a person has the ability to change their words, then maybe they can change their life. Words are very powerful. They can start wars and end wars. They can break bones or heal them. They can build or they can destroy.

Last edited:
I feel that people that are quite, or mute, come across the wrong way.

It's a gift of gab world. I believe that being quite is actually a gift sometimes. Being quite, I feel will one day be a blessing instead of a curse.

People that are quite and can control their sensory issues, can turn a curse into a blessing by fine tuning a few things in life.

I have a flash card memory, some call it picture memory. It is very hard to comprehend things and put things in the proper order in a world full of distractions.

I perceive things, and look at every object that crosses my vision, as if there is a hidden meaning to it. As I talk and look around, objects speak to me and have a hidden meaning.

I am the most mentally unstable person on the planet, practically, but by the grace of God I remained to stay out of prison, and alive.

I never knew what faith really is or how to believe in something. I was programmed to be a doubter and an unbeliever.

Was programmed that if I have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all, so I said nothing at all because my brain was full of nothing productive to say. It was full of negative thinking.

For me I percieve myself to have an ability to heal myself, through reading books, talking on forums like this, and listening and observing other people. Then taking certain informtion that is useful and adding it to my brain, which operates on a different operating system and combine it together.

I hope to one day be in a place where i can help others that may not cope as well with some of the negative symptoms of aspergers.

I feel in my heart of hearts that with the help of the holy spirit, i may help others someday. I'm a believer in where the mind goes, so does the man, and that the mind is the battlefield.

I am a very spiritual person as well. I was raised in a Christian home and know much about the religion, but I am not a religious person. I entered recovery 25 years ago and spirituality became my obsession. It was a win-win situation. Recovery isn't just putting down the drugs and alcohol that is destroying your life, it is accessing the power of creation to recreate your life. I find I can translate spiritual terms and concepts in a easily understood prose. I have helped hundreds of alcoholics and addicts, many who are Aspies, and put them on their own unique path of healing. I am writing an inspirational recovery book. In fact, it is written. I need to submit it to the publisher. They have been waiting 3 years for me to submit it, but something is holding me back.

I am a very spiritual person as well. I was raised in a Christian home and know much about the religion, but I am not a religious person. I entered recovery 25 years ago and spirituality became my obsession. It was a win-win situation. Recovery isn't just putting down the drugs and alcohol that is destroying your life, it is accessing the power of creation to recreate your life. I find I can translate spiritual terms and concepts in a easily understood prose. I have helped hundreds of alcoholics and addicts, many who are Aspies, and put them on their own unique path of healing. I am writing an inspirational recovery book. In fact, it is written. I need to submit it to the publisher. They have been waiting 3 years for me to submit it, but something is holding me back.

It's a fearful world out there. But through the God of angel armies, who shall and what shall anyone fear? You know who goes before us, He is a friend of ours. Nothing formed against us shall stand. You hold the whole world in your hands. We are faithful, He is always a friend of ours and always by our side. He is the one that reigns forever. Amen let it rain, and let him reign, let the Son shine. And allow him to work through us.

Here is another gift I received today:

It's is the ability of discernment and the ability to take what I need from what I perceive to have meaning and plagiarize it to a degree for good. I am getting better at it and one day will be able to take info from several sources and combine it to be my own. I have no universtity degree I have a high school diploma from a vocational high school, peanuts. But through our Lord and savior, I can and will do what I need to even the battlefield, for all things work together for good.

Last edited:
I believe in deliverence, and the ability of the gift of discerment. I did abuse alcoholic and drugs and abused alot of people. That is the enemies gift at times, he disguises himself as the Light too. But people with discernment will know the true vine.

It's not easy having several mental diagnoses. But today I feel like going into the MD office and asking why they feed me so many pills. When All I needed was descernment.

And the abilty to quit alot of earthly things.

1 Peter 5:8-9King James Version (KJV)
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Last edited:
Do some, or all cats for example, have aspergers, schizo-affective bi-polar:type,Adhd,like me?

Do they require medications for them yet?

I care very much about fairness, and as a lawyer, I find that if I am helping a regular person or a small business, I am aflame to find the right answer. For years I worked suing insurance companies, and came to know a large body of regulations, statutes, and case law on the subject - a special interest. Now I work for a court reviewing class actions and such, and I have another collection of information on that. I have three information collections for law that run up to and over 300 single spaced pages. I am able to find the part I need because I have a good memory for a weird word or combination that will land me on the right section of word collection documents. Recently I am hoping to amass such on immigration law, as I started volunteering to help that group.

I also have ADD, but when I can force myself into focus mode, it disappears. Co-morbid with recurrent depression as well.

I am trying to figure out why my psychiatrist diagnosed me with adhd-unspecified. And not ADD. I am not hyperactive behavior wise imo. Could he mean my brain might be in overdrive and hyper active? because I also get out of focus vision when i stare at something. this cause rapid eye movement! Sound possible? should I believe him? I ave trust issues and non complient to medication issues.

Here is the message I received directly from our Lord and Savior: It came to me as I awoke from my slumber, It reads and may very well be the first chapter in a new begining of birth and my book:

You are a very powerful person, with a very powerful voice. You are filled with the spirit of the Lord, which can do all things through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Therefore He sends forth his helper the holy spirit to guide you through the dark valley. He will light your path and keep you on the narrow straight. You will be supplied with an abundance of wisdom which will require you to be knowledgeable in several areas of intellectual arenas. This will keep your mind set on the up most high and comfort you. You will have a sound mind, which will be the battlefeild that requires you to set strongholds up and keep you set on your journey set forth from the messiah. We have done most of all the work so far. Now it is time to receive your blessing and guide others to understand and accept that they were wonderfully made too and well endowed by their creator. You are a child of God, A child of the King. You have royalty flowing through you veins.The fact that you have been chosen to specialize in a field of knowledge that our Father, Abba has chosen to be kept secret since the beginning of time through many generations. Proves, That He loves you, and that you are blessed and highly favoured. He blessed you, to bless others. This blessing is a turning point in your life, never lose sight.

Amen. In the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost.

We can sing and speak the word, we can preach, read and study the word.
God speaks to us through, his word, the holy spirit, our conscience and other believers.

my gift is my hyper-analytical skill, i'd say.
I also have synesthesia, that's something uncommon.
Tell me more about synethesia?

I too feel I have a hyper analytical skill, I am diagnose with ADHD and Aspergers apparently some other great minds may of been blessed with these conditions.

New Threads

Top Bottom