• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

As a person with Asperger's would you like to be wise or intelligent

Clintos

Loving Lord I know that it says in the Bible that the people of this world do not understand the Scriptures nor do they understand the things of the Spirit of God - because they are foolishness to the natural heart of man. It says that they do not understand the things of God because they are spiritually discerned.

Give me spiritual understanding and wisdom, to discern the things of God, I pray, – for it is my desire to know the truth You have promised to everyone who trusts You as Saviour - as we travel through this evil world.

At times Lord I feel as if I am a single sheep in the midst of a hungry pack of wolves – but I also know that You have counselled us to be wise as serpents and as harmless as doves..

Give me discernment I pray, so that I may be as wise as a serpent in the midst of this crooked generation but also give me the gentle Spirit of Christ – that the love of Jesus may show forth in my life, as I seek to walk worthy for You, in the days that lie ahead,

AMEN

Intelligent part I'm not worried about as I excel in that area. I wish I could make better sense of the English language since reading and writing is very difficult for me. This is not easy to archive having language based learning disability.

Both Is a wise choice. For me I focused on Marine biology to teach me a little english, biology, chemistry and math to make me intelligent. But I only recently Became a little wise. Or is there no such thing as a little wisdom, and that you either are or are not?

When I descern something, images pop up in my head. When I was young I had a hard time deciphering what words such as "would,could,should etc were. There are no images for such things imo. But "cat, dog etc there are. This prevented me from attending school and made me have behavior problems because I was not being treated like everyone else so I acted out. This is when the down Ward facing spiral started and when the pendulum started swinging in a negative direction.

Interesting. I am trying to figure out if it is wise to study marine biology for 12 years, than jump on a plane to attend James Cook Universty. From there I would recieve a Phd and potentially work for NASA, the Universty, or myself writing books about the ocean and our creator. Intellectually, I feel I am almost ready. Wisdom wise I feel I am almost there. Imo, there our either cold/hot/lukewarm ways of figuriing this out?

We came to this concluson The Lord and I. But require a key to dicipher. Am I A Sheep, Lion or Goat?

You are blessed and highly favoured to be born Intelligent. I was born with speech issues, learning issues and emotional issues. Mom says that I never smiled alot or screamed or expressed emotions as a child.

She always refered to me as an angel with horns on their head. I don't think she really meant it litterally. But with my picture memory, I never forgot that image.

Words are so powerful that they can litterally start wars and end wars, they can build and they can destroy, they can heal and they wound.

Last edited:
Interesting question. Personally I see a place evenly for intelligence as well as wisdom. Just as I would for someone who is both "book smart" as well as "street smart".

I'm "book smart" only a result of a formal education. Whether my ability to learn is actually inherent or not remains to be understood, even by myself. However experience over many years has made me "street smart" in ways I could never have learned from a conventional education with or without an inherent ability to learn.

Don't ask me to choose one over the other ! ;)

Both Is a wise choice. For me I focused on Marine biology to teach me a little english, biology, chemistry and math to make me intelligent. But I only recently Became a little wise. Or is there no such thing as a little wisdom, and that you either are or are not?

How wise is the ma
Interesting question. Personally I see a place evenly for intelligence as well as wisdom. Just as I would for someone who is both "book smart" as well as "street smart".

I'm "book smart" only a result of a formal education. Whether my ability to learn is actually inherent or not remains to be understood, even by myself. However experience over many years has made me "street smart" in ways I could never have learned from a conventional education with or without an inherent ability to learn.

Don't ask me to choose one over the other ! ;)

Book smart : growing up with the bible, the complete works of oscar wilde and stephen king. Wasnt quite the normal reading...
Biblical fops and horror..... or is wilde too early for fops?
(Is hugh grant the last of the fops?)
To quote from one of these books incorrectly seems like folly... to quote twice..

I always felt i couldnt learn. I got to my point before everyone else started then didnt move from it. Lost interest, maybe.

As soon as you start thinking youre wise, youve lost it.

Like the problem of the saints. As soon as you think you're good or blessed then the devil takes you.

Being humble and knowing your shortcomings is woven into the dna of wisdom.

'I may be lying in the gutter but at least i can see the stars' only quote i could remember...... unless it was ' a handbag?' :)

We have an all knowing God. We have the mind of Christ. We have royalty in our veins. And he has opened the eyes of my heart. So that He can work through me, I must confess/profess.

I am humble to a degree, I only recently became wise.

Things will even out in the wash.

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

It is so hard when you have been made fun of and told your entire life that you are less then.

What about righteous judgment? is it ok?

I have the Answer, but I want others opinions. And if I need what you said and it makes sense then I will change my view.

That is humble.

Last edited:
Living Water

37In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteously.

Yes, I have the ability to judge. There is only one way to heaven.

Christians also have the right to defend themselves. No one told me that growing up. I thought I had to allow people to assault me and do nothing back. Now the tables have turned and I am at the highest peak of aspergers.

Who is the most aspergers? let him come forth, and represent himself?

Last edited:
I have no friends anymore. Do you think I really care? I do, as long as they can be productive in my life.

I'm not on this forum to make friends or to sugar coat anything to anyone. I am here because I feel I can do a better job at treating aspergers then most psychologists.

I do not care how much intelligence they have. I feel sorry for them to a degree. And would like to change their perspective on the treatment method for aspergers.

People with aspergers can experience bouts of psychosis. is this a bad thing? I do not care about my psychosis and refuse to be treated for it.

What about my schizo-affective bi polar disorder. Lol I am cured. All I have is ADHD and Aspergers. but they are only labels, which are for cans. But they do come in handy to initially diagnose a person prior to treatment. They should not be thrown around because they will stick and that person my decide that they are that label.

You are what you eat, so if you eat pizza all the time will you physically turn into a pizza?

No, but you will get greasy skin, choked up arteries. So I was told to become a vegitarian to lose 100 lbs, really will this not make me weak? yes. compared to a person that eats meat. so why become a vegitarian?

Instead I will become a partial vegitarian that eats lean meat in small portions, an omnivore, lol. I always wondered what the sharp theeth were in my mouth? Is it not for ripping apart flesh.

I quit smoking last month, why you ask? because if God wanted us to smoke, he would of build a chimney out of our head.

I quit smoking "the weed". I thought it was natural and that God put it here for us to smoke, I now feel that bird poop is natural too. But you do not put it in a pipe and smoke it.

How wise is the ma

Book smart : growing up with the bible, the complete works of oscar wilde and stephen king. Wasnt quite the normal reading...
Biblical fops and horror..... or is wilde too early for fops?
(Is hugh grant the last of the fops?)
To quote from one of these books incorrectly seems like folly... to quote twice..

I always felt i couldnt learn. I got to my point before everyone else started then didnt move from it. Lost interest, maybe.

As soon as you start thinking youre wise, youve lost it.

Like the problem of the saints. As soon as you think you're good or blessed then the devil takes you.

Being humble and knowing your shortcomings is woven into the dna of wisdom.

'I may be lying in the gutter but at least i can see the stars' only quote i could remember...... unless it was ' a handbag?' :)

If we have the mind of Christ. No one is wiser.

I was born very intelligent. Wisdom is something I gain day by day.

Yes I once asked who is the most intelligent person in the room to a group of people and they pointed out someone other then the pastor. That puzzled me. I understand now, I should of asked the real question, who is the wisest in the room?

New Threads

Top Bottom