• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Artificial Intelligence

Jonn

V.I.P Member
ChatGPT.

Probably most ppl have heard about ChatPT.
I am finally getting around to researching it and even using it.
It may even replace "Google" as my favourite research engine. :cool:

I actually asked ChatGPT to explain what it is, and it replied with the following. :laughing:

ChatGPT is a language model developed by OpenAI. It is based on the GPT-3.5 architecture, which is an advanced version of the GPT-3 model. GPT stands for "Generative Pre-trained Transformer," and it represents a class of artificial intelligence models designed for natural language understanding and generation tasks.
ChatGPT is specifically fine-tuned for chat-like interactions, making it well-suited for tasks like answering questions, engaging in conversations, providing information, generating text, and more. It can be integrated into various applications and services to provide human-like text generation and natural language understanding capabilities.
It's important to note that my responses are generated based on the text inputs I receive and the training data I was provided up until my last knowledge update in September 2021. I don't have real-time information or awareness of events or developments that occurred after that date.

ChatGPT: Better than people?
Perhaps. :cool:

ChatGPT is great isn't it? It's incredible how well it performs.

Probably worth taking care though. LLMs (of which ChatGPT is a very good one) tend to be sycophantic (tell you what you want to hear) and hallucinate (confidently declare things that are untrue). Worth remembering how they work. They are essentially language prediction machines. They try to create language. Now it turns out our language is so rich that by learning how to do that they actually take on board a whole lot more, so when they construct language this richness also gets constructed. But they're not to be relied on for these emergent properties. Always fact check what they tell you.

ChatGPT is great isn't it? It's incredible how well it performs.

Probably worth taking care though. LLMs (of which ChatGPT is a very good one) tend to be sycophantic (tell you what you want to hear) and hallucinate (confidently declare things that are untrue). Worth remembering how they work. They are essentially language prediction machines. They try to create language. Now it turns out our language is so rich that by learning how to do that they actually take on board a whole lot more, so when they construct language this richness also gets constructed. But they're not to be relied on for these emergent properties. Always fact check what they tell you.

Yeah, I second this.

It's also important to try to learn what makes a good prompt, and what makes a bad prompt. And talk carefully, good spelling and whatnot. Something I've always said with these things, is you get what you give. Put stupid in, and you get stupid out. Give them a confusing and convoluted mess of a prompt, and you might get a bit of a rambly weird answer. There's a variety of tutorials and sites out there that are all about that, so you can be more effective and efficient when working with GPT.

Also with ChatGPT specifically, if you have a paid account and can use GPT4, definitely go have a look at the plugins. There's a lot of amazingly useful plugins out there and the listing from within the site/program/something is pretty convenient to use.

Probably worth taking care though. LLMs (of which ChatGPT is a very good one) tend to be sycophantic (tell you what you want to hear)
I have only used it about 4 times and have noticed it tends to be very "beige" in its answers.
Every time it didn't have hard and fast opinions.

I guess it is to be expected.
Much of life isn't "definitive", after all. :cool:

Seems to be very American centric with its answers, not impressed. Asked how common my surname is apparently.
common in Ohio 22 families, Could not find any in Canada I have lots of relatives here.

Jonn said: autistic people tend to be bullied more

ChatGPT said: It is unfortunately true that autistic individuals, especially children and adolescents, can be more vulnerable to bullying and harassment. There are several reasons for this:
  1. Social Challenges: Autism is characterized by differences in social communication and interaction. Autistic individuals may struggle with understanding social cues, making friends, or responding to social situations in ways that are considered typical. These differences can sometimes make them targets for bullying.
  2. Sensory Sensitivities: Many autistic individuals have sensory sensitivities, which means they may react strongly to sensory stimuli like noise, touch, or light. Bullies may use this knowledge to intentionally expose them to sensory triggers.
  3. Difficulty in Recognizing and Reporting Bullying: Some autistic individuals may have difficulty recognizing when they are being bullied or may have challenges in communicating their experiences to others, including adults. This can make it easier for bullies to target them without consequences.
  4. Isolation: Social difficulties can lead to social isolation, which in turn can make individuals more vulnerable to bullying. Loneliness and social exclusion can make autistic individuals more appealing targets for bullies.
  5. Misunderstanding and Stigmatization: Lack of awareness and understanding about autism can lead to misunderstandings and stigmatization, making it more likely for autistic individuals to be targeted by peers who do not understand their differences.
It's crucial to address this issue by promoting awareness, understanding, and empathy among peers, educators, and society as a whole. Creating safe and inclusive environments in schools and communities is essential to help prevent bullying and support the well-being of autistic individuals. Additionally, providing social skills training and support to autistic individuals can help them navigate social interactions more effectively and reduce their vulnerability to bullying.

What the hell is with the moralising in the last paragraph? :screamcat:
Did I ask you for an opinion here?
We are all entitled to have our own views, even AI, but you consistently do this.
Plz stop and stay on topic. :mad:

On reflection, you are probably autistic, and it is your job to go off on a tangent.
Carry on. :laughing:

Wow...
I just realised...
You can be rude to the AI, and nobody will care.
Great stuff. :cool:

Jonn said:

Why are you so stupid?

ChatGPT said: I apologize if I'm not meeting your expectations. If you have any specific questions or need information on a particular topic, please feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to provide a helpful response.

Damn!
This AI is emotionally "Strong like bull".
I think I am in luv. :hearteyes::laughing:

Jonn asked: Interested in having a coffee some time?

ChatGPT answered: I appreciate the offer, but I'm just a computer program, so I can't join you for coffee or any other social activities. However, I'm here to assist you with any questions or information you might need. Please feel free to ask anything you'd like to know or discuss.

Reminds me of an episode of The Big Bang Theory when Raj wanted to have a relationship with Siri. :laughing:

Seems to be very American centric with its answers, not impressed. Asked how common my surname is apparently.
common in Ohio 22 families, Could not find any in Canada I have lots of relatives here.
It depends on what is in the database at current. But also, what it's focused on.

If you want to ask it things like that, you really need to have access to plugins so it can actually look up the data. Without those, it actually cannot access the internet. That's why the cutoff date is important.

But also, you need to be detailed in your prompts/commands/questions. I see a lot of people using this and typing in a short sentence for something that really needs like a full paragraph (or more) and then wondering why they dont get the results they are after. Or, why they dont get the details they are after. Or in some cases, why it doesnt work at all.

Generally when I'm interacting with it, it's very, very rare that I'll give it a prompt that is less than a long paragraph, so that I can be sure I'm getting what I'm actually looking for, whatever that is at the time.

The thing is brilliant when used correctly. However, I dont think they really do a good job at explaining any of that to new users. There's definitely some "user friendliness" issues. Well, in my opinion anyway.

What the hell is with the moralising in the last paragraph? :screamcat:
Did I ask you for an opinion here?
We are all entitled to have our own views, even AI, but you consistently do this.
Plz stop and stay on topic. :mad:

That's what this is for:

example.jpg

This is very new and I havent messed with it much yet. But it opens it up to more user customization (but it doesnt apply retroactively, if I recall correctly, so... new conversations only).

I had wondered when something like this was going to be available, last time I'd seen this was when I was playing AI Dungeon (which had a similar function meant for storing important story bits).

I dont know if this function requires a paid account or not, or if it is available with 3.5, I'm using a paid account and 4.

The thing is brilliant when used correctly.
Who needs friends when you have an ultra-supportive AI? :hearteyes:
But I suggest you never turn your back on it.
It has shifty eyes and seems to be planning something. :screamcat:
:laughing:

I dont know if this function requires a paid account or not, or if it is available with 3.5, I'm using a paid account and 4.
I am not usually interested in subscriptions, but I might make an exception here.
I will think about it. :cool:

executive dysfunction and autism

Executive dysfunction is a term often used in the context of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) to describe challenges related to executive functioning skills. Executive functioning refers to a set of cognitive processes that help individuals plan, organize, initiate, sustain, and complete tasks. These skills are essential for everyday life and include abilities like:
  1. Planning: The ability to set goals, create a plan to achieve them, and organize the necessary steps.
  2. Initiation: The capability to start a task or activity independently.
  3. Flexibility: Being able to adapt to changes and switch between tasks or strategies as needed.
  4. Organization: Keeping track of time, materials, and information.
  5. Working Memory: Holding information in your mind for short periods while working on a task.
  6. Self-Monitoring: Evaluating your own performance and adjusting your behavior as necessary.
In individuals with autism, executive dysfunction can manifest in various ways and can significantly impact daily functioning. Some common examples include:
  1. Difficulty with Transitions: Individuals with autism may struggle with transitioning from one activity to another or adapting to changes in routines.
  2. Task Initiation: They might have trouble starting tasks, even when they know what needs to be done.
  3. Time Management: Keeping track of time and managing time effectively can be challenging.
  4. Organization and Planning: Difficulty organizing thoughts, materials, or tasks can affect school, work, and daily life.
  5. Multitasking: Difficulty juggling multiple tasks or shifting attention between tasks.
  6. Emotional Regulation: Executive dysfunction can sometimes be linked to difficulties in managing emotions and responding to stress.

I have my own personal library, noticed during covid when people reported from home. many had personal libraries.
thought this was notable. Now us u-tube videos to see what is going on. Newspapers are a waste of time, city library is not much better than my home library. Showing my age. My interests are so varied algorithms from great courses and u-tube not helpful.

I have thousands of books. When I want to learn something I read about it. If I don't have the material I need, I buy it. I just bought a book about ground water contamination even though that's not usually my field of study.

...city library is not much better than my home library.
My personal library is mostly figure drawing & human anatomy, but I do have reference books outside of that.
I don't understand what it's for.
Currently, it seems to be to automate expertise.

Experts are
  1. rare --there are so few to meet consumer demand-- &
  2. (because of that rarity) expensive.
If AI can handle most recurring problems, it reduces the workload for the real, human experts.

Below, before & after, is the results of an AI photo editor called FaceApp.
Richard Ruby, Larissa
full

126Claudia
full

PT Lara meets Rich "Bullet Man" Ruby​

AI had to figure out where Lara's facial muscles would be and what they would look like if she was smiling. In other photos where you can partially see the person's teeth, it takes them into account.

(This program can even make the presidents on American currency smile! :D)

If this were done by a real, human expert, it would
  1. be prohibitively expensive,
  2. take way more time to produce &
  3. be too frivolous to make it worth the effort.

New Threads

Top Bottom