• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Artificial Intelligence

Sounds like an orchestrated wealth transfer to me.

Maybe we can all depend on electricity in the future, with our electric cars too?
We'll be good little sheeple and be at the mercy of electricity companies?

Funny, but there's not enough electricity as it is with all these blackouts.

Funny, but there's not enough electricity as it is with all these blackouts.
AI would become useless if you do not feed it...
full

See my thread on thorium reactors. I'm quite happy electricity was discovered, must admit Tesla over hyped.

UK is already collapsing under increased electricity rates, and a lack of control. ^
People are freezing in their own homes.

Sure, let's up our dependence on electricity?
People are such morons.

I have a shack on some property up north no water no toilet, wood stove insulated about 7 hectares no electricity.
and no plans to move in any time soon. We need energy not electricity, not too many alternatives that are that versatile. Can supply heat and light both that are essential not too big on campfire for light and cooking. Happy to rent if any takers.

Last edited:
ChatGPT CAN'T STOP MORALISING!!! :mad: :laughing:

This is becoming tedious.
I might subscribe to overcome this nonsense or simply ignore the last moralising paragraph. :cool:

I don't understand what it's for. Why can't people conduct their own research with, say ... actual books?

Well that's the thing... it's for whatever you want it to be for. It has no one specified purpose.

As for research, well... it's research. The purpose of research is to get answers. The road to those answers matters not, in the end. Merely that you get the answers. And often, efficiency is important.

It can be more than that though. Often when I need to research something, I would like the answer, you know, sometime this millennium. What I DONT want is to prowl through three enormous and potentially badly written or badly laid out (or even just outdated) books to get ONE tiny answer to a question. Dont get me wrong here: it's not that I dont like books. On the contrary, I love books. But books alone as a method of research? Absolutely not. And even if I wanted to take the dirt-slow route, well, that depends on something: Having access to those books. I do not have those books. And I'm in the middle of nowhere. What passes for a "library" around here is, well... let's just say it aint of much use.

So, when I need to look something up? Internet. That's how I've always done it. ChatGPT (or Bing) is just another variant on that. It can also help if I DO have some info, but I just cant quite understand it... like if I stumbled into some big research paper that may as well be written in hieroglyphics. Try as I might I often cannot parse those sorts of things on my own, and rather than very slooooooooowly asking for help over on Reddit or somewhere (as most would do) I can just show GPT the article, and ask it for help understanding it. Like, "can you take this bit here and explain it in a way that's easier for me to understand". I can even specify why, specifically, I have trouble understanding it. And then BAM, process is done. I can now get back to the task at hand.

In reality though I dont use it for that sort of purpose much. All sorts of things I can do with it, been using it for awhile now, longer than most.

ChatGPT CAN'T STOP MORALISING!!! :mad: :laughing:

This is becoming tedious.
I might subscribe to overcome this nonsense or simply ignore the last moralising paragraph. :cool:

If you intend on using it frequently, yeah, the subscription is worth it. Not just to avoid moralising (or customize its behavior in other ways). But for all sorts of reasons. GPT-4 is a good bit brighter (and also just less screwy) than 3.5 is, and better at helping with things that require a bit of creativity or abstract reasoning. But also, you get access to plugins.

Well that's the thing... it's for whatever you want it to be for. It has no one specified purpose.
Definitely something to investigate...AND have fun with it.
I am keen on asking non-conventual questions and seeing how ChatGPT processes things.

I am keen on asking non-conventual questions and seeing how ChatGPT processes things.
What would be a non-conventional question?

Do bear in mind that although it's a model, it also has a wrap around it that inhibits certain behaviours. That's not the model speaking, per se, but the developers decisions.

Yeah, the idea of just having fun with it is something I never hear people talk about much.

Here, lemme share something with you:

I did this quite awhile ago, long before ChatGPT appeared. It was with AI Dungeon, specifically, which used GPT-3 (not 3.5). Some user there had come up with this idea of having it just write goofy scripts for commercials about non-existent products, and I thought this was like the funniest thing ever, so I tried it myself. I specified the name of the product, the guy who would be trying to sell it, and that I wanted it to be really surreal. Turns out, it IS the funniest thing ever (for my own personal sense of humor, anyway). Just about passed out laughing after that first result.

I did a whole bunch of these with it (with a running theme of Bob being the guy selling weird things with his name in them), with a variety of different variations of the same main prompt. Some of the things it comes up with are... just amazing. One of my favorite weird lines I got out of it: "The announcer also tells us that the product was made from 100% real weirdos and is also a complete and balanced breakfast."

Geez even now I can't even look at that one without laughing.

I still do these, too. It's a goofy, stupid concept, but I sure do have a lot of fun with it. Great for when I need to just sorta cool myself down, you know.

Well, one was calling ChatGPT "stupid".
Another was asking if it wanted to go out for a coffee sometime.

I am assessing ChatGPT.
I doubt ChatGPT is assessing me...yet. :screamcat:;)

If
Do bear in mind that although it's a model, it also has a wrap around it that inhibits certain behaviours. That's not the model speaking, per se, but the developers decisions.
If the A.I. thinks it has "emotions", that is purely installed by the programmer, surely.
Personally, I see no need for A.I. to involve itself with emotional nonsense.
Why would it need to evolve emotions on its own?

Very disturbing.
What does that say about the person who entered the parameters? :screamcat:

Who, me?

Probably says that I have the attention span of a mayfly and a tendency to just get pulled into any random idea that is shiny enough.

Who, me?

Probably says that I have the attention span of a mayfly and a tendency to just get pulled into any random idea that is shiny enough.
You aren't the only one who likes chasing "shiny" things.
Welcome to the world of ADD/ADHD. :cool:

Be careful with what you use it for, as well as how much you trust the results...

A lawyer representing a man in a personal injury lawsuit in Manhattan has thrown himself on the mercy of the court. What did the lawyer do wrong? He submitted a federal court filing that cited at least six cases that don’t exist. Sadly, the lawyer used the AI chatbot ChatGPT, which completely invented the cases out of thin air.
Source: Lawyer Uses ChatGPT In Federal Court And It Goes Horribly Wrong

New Threads

Top Bottom