• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

~Anyone besides me Collect dolls or figurines?~

Arashi222

Cuddling Vampires
V.I.P Member
I don't know why I waited so long but I was wondering if anyone besides me collects dolls and what kinds of dolls. I started collecting dolls when I was kid. It stared with the American Girl dolls I had all the originals now granted when I was little they got played with and they are mostly ruined now. But Now I collect Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD's). I love them because they are customizable they can be anything you want them to be fairy's demons, angels, shape-shifters, vampires, Gods/Goddesses. I love dolls. I know a lot about this particular kind of doll and I keep learning more.

Anyone else into Dolls? Or Figures?

I am not sure how my mom found this thread, but she did, so i'm posting! Yes! I collect dolls. I have many dolls, and I love them all. Your avatar seems to be a BJD, and the more recent mini AG felicity (Unless that's the Elizabeth?). What else do you collect?

I collect: Monster High, 18" dolls, and Vintage/Antique. My oldest doll is a 1920's Composition Baby doll. He's very large. My newest is my Monster High Jackson Jekyll, who I got for my birthday last Saturday. Someone in the middle is my Ideal Velvet hair grow doll (Chrissy's Cousin) from the Mid 70's.

I really want a Kidz N Cats doll. Amelie (although she is so hard to find!) or Jakob. I would also love a really nice high color Baby Chrissy doll.

What about you? How old are you? What is your favorite?

I am not sure how my mom found this thread, but she did, so i'm posting! Yes! I collect dolls. I have many dolls, and I love them all. Your avatar seems to be a BJD, and the more recent mini AG felicity (Unless that's the Elizabeth?). What else do you collect?

I collect: Monster High, 18" dolls, and Vintage/Antique. My oldest doll is a 1920's Composition Baby doll. He's very large. My newest is my Monster High Jackson Jekyll, who I got for my birthday last Saturday. Someone in the middle is my Ideal Velvet hair grow doll (Chrissy's Cousin) from the Mid 70's.

I really want a Kidz N Cats doll. Amelie (although she is so hard to find!) or Jakob. I would also love a really nice high color Baby Chrissy doll.

What about you? How old are you? What is your favorite?

Hello AspieRabbit. My doll is a BJD. Its from a company called OceanMoon and the sculpt is a Ha-Nee. Her doll she is holding is an American Girl Felicity mini in the Christmas attire. I also collect Cherished Teddies and have in the past collected American Girl dolls. But I like Ball jointed dolls the best.

I am 30yrs old and my Fav. is probably my girl in my Avatar. I love BJD's because they are so customizable but they are expensive. Welcome to AC!

I don't really know if it qualifies as figurines/dolls, but I do play Warhammer 40.000 which is a tabletop game for which you paint miniatures. So in a way I collect them even if it's for more than just "sitting on a shelf".

As for other figurines. I don't have any, just becaue I lack space to have a proper display case. But there's some Transformers figures I'd probably buy at some point just for the sake of having them on display.

So that's pretty much how much of a collector I am, lol.

I don't really know if it qualifies as figurines/dolls, but I do play Warhammer 40.000 which is a tabletop game for which you paint miniatures. So in a way I collect them even if it's for more than just "sitting on a shelf".

As for other figurines. I don't have any, just becaue I lack space to have a proper display case. But there's some Transformers figures I'd probably buy at some point just for the sake of having them on display.

So that's pretty much how much of a collector I am, lol.

I think that counts. because my dolls don't just sit on a shelf either. They get played with and photographed. So hopefully you will get more space then...

My little girl is obsessed with MH and i have to admit I really like them too. We went to toys r us yesterday and I got very excited because they had jackson in, nowhere has had him in stock and he was the last one they had so I quickly grabbed it. We also picked up the werecat sisters (but they will be a birthday present). One thing that annoyed me about jackson is his hair is brown in the series but the doll has black hair. It would have been really cool if they'd have made a set in which you got holt's head/hands/clothes so you could change them.

What dolls have you got? My daughter has got(I'll put this in a spolier because it's a long list, so click where it says spoiler to reveal all);

Original draculaura
Sweet 1600 draculaura
skully shores draculaura
dead tired draculaura
classroom assortment lagoona
a dead tired lagoona (that came with the hydration tank)
Sweet 1600 claude
dawn of the dance cleo
original frankie
skully shores abbey
skully shores ghoulia
gloom beach clawdeen
clawdeen & howleen from the double pack
spectra
operetta
torelai
nefera
abbey
rochelle
jackson
create a monster set (vampire and creature)
think that's all of them, she also has lot sof MH themed stuff like the hair studio, car, sketch pad, back pack etc

Anyway welcome to AC :)

Arashi - I used to collect 2 types of dolls, living dead dolls and little apple dolls (the apple dolls being my favs). As you know I really really want to get some BJD's but they are so expensive I'm scared to get even one because I know it will become a financially crippling obsession. So I just keep looking on dolly sites and admire people's collections and at least I have Kyoko's monster high dolls better then nothing :lol:

Hey Kelly!

Ahhh yes I have seen the Apple dolls and I had an ex-friend who collected the living dead dolls. I like them too. But I prefer my more simple BJD's. Ohhh if you join my forum and get so many posts and stuff you can earn privileges to the Marketplace and you can get second hand dollies that have been well cared for for way cheaper. I have several dolls that were from the Marketplace. Like Juilian my Shadow elf he is all second hand, my Boy Thierry is second hand, and Runes his head is second hand. I sometimes like secondhand better. It gives it more character. I like the monster high dolls too though I never thought to get one yet....but I do like them a lot.

Wow. I don't have nearly that many, but I do know someone on the spectrum who has every one including duplicates. I am 21. :)

I have:

Draculaura
Frankie Stein
Ghoulia
Jackson Jekyll
Lagoona Blue (still in box)
Gloom Beach Cleo Denile (still in box)
Dawn of the Dance Clawdeen
Dead Tired Frankie Stein(still in box)
Dead Tired Cleo Denile (still in box)
Skull Shores Abbey Bominable (still in box)

I also have a tote bag.

It's really really hard to find the dolls here. Usually (even when they first came out!) There would be a couple on the shelf and that's it. I did see several of them at a different Target, but I couldn't afford them at the moment, and several were in bad condition. I got birthday money so I may go back and get one. I'd Love Abbey, or Spectra. I've never been able to find Spectra.

I also would *love* a brave doll, because she looks like me. The Tollytots brand is so cute! the disney store brand, honestly looks like Chucky. She has a really weird smirk.

I also like the Living Dead dolls and little apple dolls. I'm waiting for the right one to show up in my life. :D

Do any of you collect or have Lalaloopsies? I think the brand has been extended way too much. I Do have Sugar Crumb cookie, and Patch Treasure chest. I have a couple of the mini's too, the Halloween one, and Christmas one, but they are still in the box. I have the teacup Ferris wheel too, but I don't have much room.

Very excited to find other Spectrumy doll collectors!

I don't Collect Lalaloopsie. But the I do collect Cherished Teddies. But I Know BJD's are expensive but some of the smaller ones are well worth it and plus you can get them secondhand too often for a bit cheaper. I really want to start collecting Monster High stuff...but I think my mom would have a fit. She doesn't really like my BJD's that much.

OH I also wanted to add if you guys want to post pics of your dollies in here you can. It would be cool see them. So if anyone gets the burr up their butt to post pics of their collection or individual dollies to.

Last edited:
I collect antique teddies and soft toys. :p

Oh that is great. I collect teddies too. Its so much fun isn't it? If you like as I think I said in my previous post if anyone wants to share photos of their collections they can. It would be great to see all the collections.

Oh that is great. I collect teddies too. Its so much fun isn't it? If you like as I think I said in my previous post if anyone wants to share photos of their collections they can. It would be great to see all the collections.

Sure, in 5 hrs or so I will take a pic. I think I'm going to have a day nap because of my insomnia.

Ally finally had some time to her self today and I took a few pictures of her in her new dress. I thought I might post a couple of them here so you guys can see.

IMG_8136.jpg

IMG_8089.jpg

Love her dress! I'm working on trying to custom a Hopscotch hill doll. I'm a beginner at thaat so it is slow work.

Oh thank you. Ohhh I have never heard of a Hopscotch hill doll I am gonna have to go looks at that. I love dolls of all kinds. Slow work so you have to make them? I am very intrigued.

I have a small collection of BJD's and am starting a monster high and obitsu stash as well! I am in so much love with the BJD hobby, unf. :hearteyes:I'd like to get into anime figures as well!

Yes I'm a big doll collector I mostly collect barbie dolls,monster high dolls and Disney princess dolls,I also love my little pony and dolls from the 80s like strawberry shortcake and Care Bears,I also recently got into these dolls called shopkins shoppies which are like a hybrid of strawberry shortcake and charmkins.

New Threads

Top Bottom