• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody got weird taste in music?

I think this is some of the more weird music I like. Primus can be pretty weird. :) No other band sounds like Primus.

This is awesome! I'll check out some more of their stuff. I'm familiar with Les Claypool from other projects he has been involved in.

This is awesome! I'll check out some more of their stuff. I'm familiar with Les Claypool from other projects he has been involved in.

Yes it is :) The thing about Claypool is that he plays the bass like it was a guitar. He didn't understand that you can't do that.

Maximum the Hormone, Sleep Token, Bloodywood, Zebrahead, Ten Days From Now, Drug Church, Self, Failure - bands that mix a lot of styles together in each song. I've been lucky to talk to a few folks from some of these bands, and they really felt like or even said they are on the spectrum, too. I keep feeling like the best musicians just are, and that's awesome. We rule.

I'm not really sure how to answer that. We had piano accompaniment. It was fun.
By that time, I was a baritone. I had previously been a soprano and an alto (school & church choirs), but my voice cracked through tenor.
Whoa, neat! I remember in choir during college we had an accompanist as well.

Nice! Did you have any favourites which you remember?

I like individual musical pieces. I can't say I love any entire genre of songs. I hear a song and I like it or don't. If I like it, I add it to my collection. When people get in my car, they may hear Beethoven followed by Black Sabbath, followed by Monty Python, followed by Native American flute, followed by bagpipes... You get the idea. So, maybe that could be considered weird

I think this is some of the more weird music I like. Primus can be pretty weird. :) No other band sounds like Primus.

I don't mean this to sound snarky, but do you like The Residents? Primus does take their share of inspiration from them, but I mean that as a genuine question. They were one of my favorite bands in my late teens and twenties. I even owned an original Santa Dog for a while.

(The Residents certainly borrowed a lot from Zappa, John Cage, and Harry Partch, too.)

I like a lot of things. Sometimes oddly specific things. I discovered things like Siberian Tribal Rap, Mongolian Throat Metal, Bollywood Metal, Smooth Jazz, J-Rock, Bedroom Pop, 2000s Punk, anything Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, the Transformers; The Movie soundtrack, Classical, Johnny Cash, John Denver, literally just Drums, Lofi Hip Hop, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, and the DuckTales Theme Song.

I have about 6500 songs in my Spotify library, even after the occasional pruning. I also unironically like a lot of meme music.

I can listen to almost anything (Nightcore, Breakcore, Speedcore, 70-90's punk, Experimental Music, EDM, Noise Rock, etc.)

I don't know whether this is weird or not, but I have music that I enjoy particularly because it plays is particularly conducive to stimulating my synesthesia.

I enjoy many types of music, but only certain songs/types of songs cause a certain type of ecstasy in my with richly textured visuals. One of the first songs that really pushed me into acknowledging that music affects me differently was way back in 1990 when I discovered Iceblink Luck by the Cocteau Twins. I spent so much time forcing other people to listen to the song, but no one seemed to have the same reaction I did.

I think that Jazz is the worst for my synesthesia and I can't stand to listen to it.

I think having an eclectic music taste is pretty normal these days, what with things like the internet and Spotify exposing people to a wide variety of genres. I love it.

I’m fond of 80s/synthwave music, video game soundtracks, jazz, you name it.

I’d also say I have weird taste in music in the sense that I enjoy music that’s weird for the sake of being weird. I really enjoy microtonal/zenharmonic music by artists like Sevish and The Tapeworm Saga—if you haven’t heard them, I’d recommend you check them out. You get to hear tonal colors that you won’t find in standard western music.

I actually listen to smooth jazz when I'm at work myself. I like it because it has no words and it doesn't distract me.

Other than that, I don't actually listen to much music.

New Threads

Top Bottom