• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody got weird taste in music?

ryan1205

Mr. I Don't Know
V.I.P Member
When I mean by weird taste, I mean genres that necessarily don't go together. I love punk rock and I love country music. As I got older, I started getting into old time country such as Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and so forth. Punk rock has been with me since I was preteen. Social Distortion's 80's punk, Orange county (CA) punk, Rancid, East Bay punk. I am more into the hardcore 80's punk.

I feel like it is weird for me to like country and punk at the same time. People are surprised when we get into my car and I have country music on, but I am wear a leather jacket and have spiked hair. They automatically assume I like punk because of my hairstyle and clothing until the hear that I am listing to Hank Williams in my car.

Anybody else have a weird taste in music? Or do you just like any type of music genre?

I like pop-punk, rock, metal, grunge... but I also like to listen to classical. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't tell you who composed it or what it was called but I just like the sound.

YES! Rock, classical, rap :D

I normally have my iPod on shuffle all, so last night it went:

Stone Sour - Get Inside/JayZ - 99 Problems/Marilyn Manson - Irresponsible Hate Anthem/Bach - Cello Suite No. 1

A lot of people don't understand how it can go from say...Disturbed to Beyonce to Slipknot to Mozart :tearsofjoy:

I used to love heavy metal and classical music lol so yep weird.

I am now an outright swiftie ie Taylor Swift fan.

I'm into listening to video game music and the type interest me the most is ones made for cartridge based systems since they need to make do with the limitations of what a sound chip does.

I use my music to scare people away as I know most people can't stand this type of music.

Once at this temp cleaning job I was listening to this type of music with my phone speakers. Almost all the co workers thought I was odd but I didn't give a dam about of them.

My mother visit me last year and she arrived at my house when I had my music loud. She like "What is that?" and I'm like "Video game music".

I'm into listening to video game music and the type interest me the most is ones made for cartridge based systems since they need to make do with the limitations of what a sound chip does.

I use my music to scare people away as I know most people can't stand this type of music.

Once at this temp cleaning job I was listening to this type of music with my phone speakers. Almost all the co workers thought I was odd but I didn't give a dam about of them.

My mother visit me last year and she arrived at my house when I had my music loud. She like "What is that?" and I'm like "Video game music".

@VenomousAlbino would be with you in listening to video game music!

@The Penguin, have you played Shovel Knight? Not only is it a fantastic game, but it also has a superb 8-bit inspired soundtrack. Here's a taste:

Yes I had. I found the game first before listening to the music on YouTube. Listening on YouTube did help me learn about Undertale one day as it was recommend by YouTube. It got me to buy Undertale and consider it one of the type RPG games I ever played.

Yes I had. I found the game first before listening to the music on YouTube. Listening on YouTube did help me learn about Undertale one day as it was recommend by YouTube. It got me to buy Undertale and consider it one of the type RPG games I ever played.

Another game with fantastic music.

Don't mind me, just gonna post the two best songs of the game, in remastered forms:

Just realized for those those tracks you shared they added a music note in Megaman energy can. I don't know how I could miss this during the first view.

Another game with fantastic music.

I did bought the soundtrack when I brought the game. Been listening to the music for 3 to 4 months now.

From a YouTube video I learned there hidden tracks for the game that can be access with the game files. The music in Ogg format

I'm still waiting for Undertale to come to consoles.o_O

Also, while we're on the subject of videogame music, the soundtrack from The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (and its expansion, Afterbirth) is my favourite in recent memory.

I'm still waiting for Undertale to come to consoles.o_O

Also, while we're on the subject of videogame music, the soundtrack from The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (and its expansion, Afterbirth) is my favourite in recent memory.

The game reminds me of the original Zelda game with blood. I try the game out when they have a sale on Steam

video

Rebirth's got a fantastic soundtrack, though I actually prefer the more somber, atmospheric music of the original:

@xDominiel I never played the original version. Rebirth was free with PlayStation Plus back in November 2014 and I'm still playing it now. If there's one game I'm utterly obsessed with - the characters, the tone, the setting, the music, etc - it's The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. I've spent somewhere between 300-350 hours on that game and still haven't seen everything.

@The Penguin Isaac is less linearly structured than Zelda by virtue of being a roguelike; every time you die, the level layouts, items and bosses get re-jigged.

@xDominiel I never played the original version. Rebirth was free with PlayStation Plus back in November 2014 and I'm still playing it now. If there's one game I'm utterly obsessed with - the characters, the tone, the setting, the music, etc - it's The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Don't bother trying it after playing Rebirth.. Although I prefer the music, it's mostly the same game with less content and compared to Rebirth the framerate is atrocious.. It feels almost unplayable now, lol.

When I mean by weird taste, I mean genres that necessarily don't go together. I love punk rock and I love country music. As I got older, I started getting into old time country such as Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and so forth. Punk rock has been with me since I was preteen. Social Distortion's 80's punk, Orange county (CA) punk, Rancid, East Bay punk. I am more into the hardcore 80's punk.

I feel like it is weird for me to like country and punk at the same time. People are surprised when we get into my car and I have country music on, but I am wear a leather jacket and have spiked hair. They automatically assume I like punk because of my hairstyle and clothing until the hear that I am listing to Hank Williams in my car.

Anybody else have a weird taste in music? Or do you just like any type of music genre?
i was raised on classic rock n roll from my parents and classical from my dads parents and i also like punk - country - some blues and some jazz - some christian.

New Threads

Top Bottom