• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anime

Ah yes, always loved the Studio Ghibli films like Spirited Away, Ponyo, The Cat Returns, Secret world of Arietti, etc. I also grew up with the anime Pokemon (season 1 to 3/4, don't really watch the current anime but I still like Pokemon in general) and I'm currently watching the anime Attack on Titan.

Ah yes, always loved the Studio Ghibli films like Spirited Away, Ponyo, The Cat Returns, Secret world of Arietti, etc. I also grew up with the anime Pokemon (season 1 to 3/4, don't really watch the current anime but I still like Pokemon in general) and I'm currently watching the anime Attack on Titan.
I stopped watching PKMN for a few years, I didn't have TV after they changed the way TV worked entirely. But now new seasons are on Netflix so the last couple seasons I've gotten to watch. :>

I'm into really gory anime. First time I watched Elfen Lied back in 2005, I fell in love with it.
i will have to check that one out,i love gory anime.
have you ever watched fist of the north star? its oldskool but its superb artwork and very gory,i watched it on UK channel; C4 in the early nineties as a kid,my mum and dad always assume animation=kids tv so im guessing thats why they allowed it.

my first anime was samurai pizza cats, iknow its kids anime but i was really drawn to the style and it sealed my beautiful fate with anime.

@xudo
I love Azumanga Daioh! It's hilarious. Similarly I like Nichijou.
I'm not quite sure why anime is so appealing to me. I never thought about how part of it has to do with the obvious emotions, that would make sense.
My first experience with it was a show I wasn't allowed to watch, Pokémon indigo league. I snuck some episodes, I was dying to watch it. And then at 13 when I had access to the internet... oh boy.

I will have a look for Nichijou as I would love something similar to Azumanga Dioh :)

have you ever watched fist of the north star? its oldskool but its superb artwork and very gory,i watched it on UK channel; C4 in the early nineties as a kid,my mum and dad always assume animation=kids tv so im guessing thats why they allowed it.

my first anime was samurai pizza cats, iknow its kids anime but i was really drawn to the style and it sealed my beautiful fate with anime.
I have not. But I shall check those out too!

I find a lot of anime very relaxing. There's a subgenre of it I adore called iyashikei, which are basically super calming, stress-free shows about characters not doing much of anything. It's very zen to watch one of these after an otherwise bad day; three I'm fond of at the moment are 'Aria: The Animation', 'The Flying Witch', and 'Non Non Biyori'. Check them out if you want something cute and peaceful to watch.

Samurai Pizza Cats was my first anime too. Then I went on to Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and kind of took off from there.

My favorites are Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Black Butler, FLCL, .hack series, Erased, Redline, and I love studio Ghibli. Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, and Princess Mononoke are my favorites. I end up rewatching these pretty often. I also liked Your Lie in April but it's so sad.

I just started watching One Punch Man on Netflix. I'm not usually into the types of anime that are so random and crazy but I'm really liking One Punch Man. It's hilarious and kind of reminds me of Dragon Ball Z.

Anime relaxes me, and I related to the characters, it also provides me a temporary escape from the harsh reality and at times its stupid to say prevented me from committing suicide. I Get depressed badly and Anime is one of the few things that gets me out of it and keeps me going.

Anime relaxes me, and I related to the characters, it also provides me a temporary escape from the harsh reality and at times its stupid to say prevented me from committing suicide. I Get depressed badly and Anime is one of the few things that gets me out of it and keeps me going.
i hear you anime at points has been the only good thing in my life and at points the only thing from me trying to off myself...again

Samurai Pizza Cats was my first anime too. Then I went on to Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and kind of took off from there.

My favorites are Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Black Butler, FLCL, .hack series, Erased, Redline, and I love studio Ghibli. Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, and Princess Mononoke are my favorites. I end up rewatching these pretty often. I also liked Your Lie in April but it's so sad.

I just started watching One Punch Man on Netflix. I'm not usually into the types of anime that are so random and crazy but I'm really liking One Punch Man. It's hilarious and kind of reminds me of Dragon Ball Z.

Samurai Pizza Cats was just a rip off of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IMO, except with Cats and not Mutant Turtles, and without one of THE hottest female cartoon characters ever created, April O'Neil.

do any of you find anime relaxing and supper interesting, i think it is because anime chariters are easy to read and thous interesting.

OMG, you just explained why I love cartoons! :confused: so much easier to read than people! Duh me *triple facepalm*

Not a fan of anime myself, although I appreciate the art.
Sorry, nothing beats Calvin & Hobbes:p

Samurai Pizza Cats was just a rip off of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IMO, except with Cats and not Mutant Turtles, and without one of THE hottest female cartoon characters ever created, April O'Neil.
@Rich Allen - Yeah, Samurai Pizza Cats wasn't one of my favorites, lol. It was the first anime that I ever saw though. It helped expose me to a new art style that I hadn't seen before and I started to take a real interest in anime and manga after that. Anime was often my great escape from the world growing up and it still is now sometimes.

@AspieOtaku - I like your avatar. L was my favorite character from Death Note. :D

Anime is one of the few things that keep me alive, I relte to many characters and love the storyline.

been watching anime for a few years now. I think that it appeals to my 'black and white' way of looking in that you always know who's the bad guy.

been watching anime for a few years now. I think that it appeals to my 'black and white' way of looking in that you always know who's the bad guy.
theres also a lot of anime where everyone is the good guy they just disagree. then theres the animes where everyone even the hero is a bad guy

LET'S GO! Tamagotchi!
Azumanga Daioh
Lucky Star
Hayate The Combat Butler
KillLaKill
Hunter x Hunter

Anything about life in Japan.

Anime was my first love and is still one of my biggest passions. Recently I have been revisiting Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha on Netflix. I grew up watching them on Cartoon Network, and I was pleasantly surprised to see how well they have aged.

I also like Peacemaker, Gravitation, Dramatical Murder, Diabolik Lovers, Monster Musume, Hellsing Ultimate, Elfen Lied, Madoka Magica and more.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom