• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An introduction

Hayden

I'm trying to put the pieces together. Diagnosed NVLD, with significant and far reaching sensory issues, sensing that there is a bit more to it than that. I am exploring an Asperger's diagnosis as I find that I relate to Aspies and people on the spectrum vastly more than I do NTs (that is to say, I hardly ever relate to NTs and I often relate to Aspies), and find that the vast majority of strengths and deficits apply very specifically to me.

I have a significant trauma history, and the complex PTSD diagnosis can make it difficult to sort out what is innate and what is acquired. Suspecting that the acquired badly exacerbates some of the difficulties of the innate.

I also consistently test as neurodiverse on self inventories, like below:
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 149 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 53 of 200

I am both excited and nervous to learn more. I'm glad this forum is here.

Welcome aboard :)
image.jpg

Welcome to our corner of the internet. (Hint: family history can often help sort out what's acquired and what's innate.)

I'm trying to put the pieces together. Diagnosed NVLD, with significant and far reaching sensory issues, sensing that there is a bit more to it than that. I am exploring an Asperger's diagnosis as I find that I relate to Aspies and people on the spectrum vastly more than I do NTs (that is to say, I hardly ever relate to NTs and I often relate to Aspies), and find that the vast majority of strengths and deficits apply very specifically to me.

I have a significant trauma history, and the complex PTSD diagnosis can make it difficult to sort out what is innate and what is acquired. Suspecting that the acquired badly exacerbates some of the difficulties of the innate.

I also consistently test as neurodiverse on self inventories, like below:
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 149 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 53 of 200

I am both excited and nervous to learn more. I'm glad this forum is here.
Welcome to the lifelong journey that learning about one's self is. I'm 38 and was misdiagnosed all of my life as NVLD. In reality, I'm on the spectrum. Finally at 37, seeking answers I learned I'm autistic. Best of luck and we're all here for you to answer questions.

New Threads

Top Bottom