• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An email I just got and thought Aspies would appreciate

mama_lotus

I've been trying to get in touch with an insulation company and haven't received any response for over a week.

Finally today I received the following email:

"sorry the office is on fire / I thought I sent you and E-mail back
Please send me your info & I will send you a contract and install next
week

THANK YOU"

My immediate thought was "OMG if their office is on fire why is he stopping to email me, he should do that later!"

I'm 99% certain he means he's really busy, but still giggling at myself for freaking out that their office was currently in the process of burning down. :joycat: (And that 1% of me is still imagining that maybe, just maybe, he WAS driving off from a burning building and trying to cram some work in at the same time)

What if.. the office actually is on fire, but he's sending it from his cellphone? Afterall, fire or not, they have a business to run.

Alright... that's my brain thinking in alternatives, lol

^LOL! That is what I am thinking! I called my husband to ask and he's like "no, it's an expression, he means he's been busy and is apologizing for not having gotten back to you." ... But I am wondering if the office is really on fire.

^LOL! That is what I am thinking! I called my husband to ask and he's like "no, it's an expression, he means he's been busy and is apologizing for not having gotten back to you." ... But I am wondering if the office is really on fire.
double LOL. I never would've thought of that.

Ha! "Subject: Fire"
Reminds of the time my hand got smashed in between the front door of a van, because the driver slammed it shut while my hand was still leaning on the post. All I did was go: "Excuse me, but euh, could you please open the door because my hand is stuck and it's hurting quite a bit actually." I had to repeat it two more times because I was speaking too softly. By the time I got it out we already left the parking lot. Next time I'll try to remind myself to just scream.

I literally thought he mean't the office was on 'fire' too! :)

I like this post it's made me giggle.

Oh god that was my first assumption on reading that too! I thought "well that's kind of a non-sequitir, what a weird e-mail" until I realized he wasn't being literal haha
Poor chap. Maybe it took a while because he tried emailing the fire department first...

LOL that was hilarious! So funny I flapped my arms pretty much the entire time watching it. :p Thanks for sharing!

An insulation office... On fire. Maybe they didn't insulate the wiring well enough?
I would have never have never figured out that it meant they were busy. I suppose I'm too literal.

New Threads

Top Bottom