• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An artist wanting to relocate

Iberata

I am constantly thinking of leaving the city for the countryside,
as there is an opportunity for me to create my own artisan studio,
furniture restoration and giving technique lessons to my areas
of expertise.
I haven't noticed something like it where I intend to have it,
and maybe people would show some interest.

On the other hand my soulmate still works here, in the city,
and that is something we would have to work ourselves around.
He is suffering from an autoimmune disease and it has started to impact his life
significantly, as he is always in pain somewhere.
Have you taken the leap to move from the city to the countryside
and do you have any advice based on your experience?

I am about to do the same within the year. I can't stand living in a neighborhood any longer. I need space. I need to just be able to look up and see space...no light pollution...I want to be able to see the stars at night again. I want a home surrounded by woods.

Omg, my thoughts exactly. Being able to breathe without so many people around.
Cities are a disgust to me.

I also only want to hear what I'm listening to. In my neighborhood...no one cares if you are in your home with the tv up way loud and can still hear what they are listening to. The home association, the police, all other neighbors...they don't care. I have a mind to set up my guitar equipment in my driveway and just crank it to 11 and see how well everyone likes that. Case in point, if I had land in the middle of nowhere, I could actually do that and not bother anyone.

I am constantly thinking of leaving the city for the countryside,
as there is an opportunity for me to create my own artisan studio,
furniture restoration and giving technique lessons to my areas
of expertise.
I haven't noticed something like it where I intend to have it,
and maybe people would show some interest.

On the other hand my soulmate still works here, in the city,
and that is something we would have to work ourselves around.
He is suffering from an autoimmune disease and it has started to impact his life
significantly, as he is always in pain somewhere.
Have you taken the leap to move from the city to the countryside
and do you have any advice based on your experience?
Always lived out in the country never liked cities. One piece of advice. Be sure to consider the environment suitable for your inspiration.

Second. Consider your tolerance level of wildlife intrusion into home, garbage cans, and living spaces.

Yes I left the city and moved to the countryside. Advice, I would say plan ahead and make sure you have everything you need at home. For example, in the countryside people usually have to shovel their own snow. So you want a good snow blower and tools and spare parts for that at home. This is just an example, but the point is to be prepared and try to have everything you need or might need at home. These days most things can be ordered online and be delivered to your door, so it's easier now than it used to be, but it's still smart to plan ahead.

New Threads

Top Bottom