• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Adverts/Public Information Films that scared you...

Warning: This Public Information Film from 1997 is not for the faint hearted as it shows the aftermath of a fox hunt.

I once saw an anti-heroine PSA from the 70's that shows a toy cymbal-clapping monkey while a kid's voice is saying, "They say people addicted to heroine have a monkey on their back. Isn't that CUTE?" And then suddenly they zoom in on the face of a scary-looking real monkey as it screeches.

That may have been one of the earliest incarnations of a screamer/jumpscare.:fearful:

And then there was the Mr. Yuk PSA, which I think was also in the 70's. It opened up looking like something out of a Pink Floyd concert while Mr. Yuk's face slowly comes in, accompanied what sounds an awful lot like Vincent Price's laughter (maybe it was him, but idk), and then you hear "Mr. YUK IS MEEEEEAN! Mr. YUK IS GREEEEEEEEN!" And that's just the intro to this nightmare lol.:sweatsmile:

We do some weird stuff in the Great White North...

Didn't scare me, though.

I used to have a toy megaphone that could make your voice sound robotic. I was able to do a near-perfect imitation of Astar with it, which people found hilarious. The PSA still gives me chills, though.

New Threads

Top Bottom