• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Actor/Actress Obsession?

yea i had it before with singers of the 80's like phil collins. i am not obsessed anymore but i still listen to him and watch his shows. the way he talks and express himself makes me smile.

Phil does seem pretty cool. The first time I listened to him (I think) was on the album 'Selling England by the Pound'. I like the way he annunciates in some of his songs. Things like 'Home by the Sea' and "The roof is leaking.'

I like Phil Collins. I sing along to 'I Don't Care Anymore' and 'Mama' in the car all the time.. I'm comfortable with his vocal range and find it helps me project my voice when I talk. I prefer most of his stuff with Genesis, even though his solo backing band is the same guys.. I never understood that :confused:

I can get attached to beautiful girls like a Scarlet Johanson or Jennifer Lawrence, but that's not an aspie thing lol.

I recently binge-watched the full 7 seasons of Sons of Anarchy & was so amazed by the role played by Katey Sagal that I started googling her name, reading everything about her & her career. The same happened to me with Bryan Cranston (the Breaking Bad guy.) So I love to see these underdogs- actors/actresses who played famously silly roles and then succeeded big time.

I can get attached to beautiful girls like a Scarlet Johanson or Jennifer Lawrence, but that's not an aspie thing lol.

I recently binge-watched the full 7 seasons of Sons of Anarchy & was so amazed by the role played by Katey Sagal that I started googling her name, reading everything about her & her career. The same happened to me with Bryan Cranston (the Breaking Bad guy.) So I love to see these underdogs- actors/actresses who played famously silly roles and then succeeded big time.
I recently binge-watched Sons of Anarchy...again :p

Yeh this happens to me constantly. But I know now it will go away and then something new will come up then that goes away. I tend to watch everything they've been in. Binge read their twitter and websites ect and learn all about them but I figure so long as I never try to do anything in the real world about it, which is very hard since I'm in Australia and everyone I like is American, it's not a big deal.

When I was younger, I had a bit of a crush on Victoria Justice and while I've moved on I still admire her.
Funnily enough, I only came across her by accident - I was doing a google image search some time back and one of her images popped up.
Curious, I clicked on the image and thought she looked cute and beautiful. Just seeing her eyes and smile was somewhat hypnotic at the time:
Victoria_Justice_Photoshoot.jpg

I googled her a bit more - learning that she was only a year younger then me and some of the things she did.
While I've never seen any TV shows she's been in (I probably wouldn't enjoy it anyway because I'm not the intended audience), I did listen to some of her songs (they weren't bad) and I learned about the charity work she's done - which made me admire her more.
For a while, I did have dreams about just having romantic moments together with her - nothing rude, just cuddles, kisses and a somewhat stereotypical romantic image playing in my mind. Got a nice feeling from it and the dreams kept me in a good mood. :)

Eventually, the crush waned after just short of a few months but I still do admire her. Glad to know that I'm not the only Aspie to have similar feelings.

Here's one of Victoria's songs:

Humphrey Bogart, of course. So much presence, toughest of the toughest, except maybe Clint Eastwood.
When I was younger, I had the same problem some of you mentioned. Couldn't recognise any actor. Getting older things go better and I'm now able to say 'yeah it's thar guy who was playing playing in this and this, etc'.
Doesn't work all the time BTW, I just realised recently that Helena de la Grazia was Marisol Delco in CSI Miami... And probably because I think she's hot ;)

After 31 years of watching Australian soaps including Neighbours and Home and Away, I kind of have a thing for Australian women, been in love with the women who play Therese Willis and Susan Kennedy in Neighbours for years.

Yes, I've had a long time obsession with British actor Sean Bury, or rather with one particular character that he played in the 1960s art house classic movie "if...." I first saw the movie when I was pretty much the same age as Sean's character in the movie and I immediately identified with him. At the time Sean was aged thirteen and he played a new pupil who just arrived at a prestigious all boys boarding school, his character's name was Jute. Jute was actually his surname, his first name was never mentioned. Over the course of the movie Jute gradually learned and became accustomed to the school's rules and traditions until he'd settled into his new life as a boarding school pupil. At the same time three of the senior boys, lead by Travis (played by Malcolm McDowell) were doing the exact reverse and becoming increasingly disenchanted with their life at the school, eventually their rebelliousness culminated in the violent climax of the movie.

Sean Bury was already an established actor when he appeared in "Iif...." and went on to act in several more movies and TV series afterwards. He is probably best known for playing, at the age of sixteen, the role of Paul Harrison in the movie "Friends." He reprised the role three years later in the sequel "Paul And Michelle". He stopped acting when he was in his early 20s and later became a teacher of children with "Special Educational Needs." I've got all the available DVDs of his acting performances but in a way my obsession is not with Sean Bury but rather with the character Jute. Perhaps because I was the same age as him when I first saw the movie and at the time I was also attending an all boys school.

X1zb80h.jpg

When I was a teenager I went through a several years phase where I was obsessed with Leonardo Dicaprio (and his looks) and made an effort to watch everything he was in, and have had an even longer obsession with the actor Kevin Zegers who is my own age (from around the age of 12 to present day-but I also consider him my favorite actor). I had some minor obsessions here and there through the years with different other actors (and singers) but they tend to fade eventually- most of the obsessions get started initially from physical attraction. I also have my overall favorite actors/actresses that I love based on their acting abilities/humor/presence on screen, ect. but don't obsess over, such as Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, Jennifer Aniston, Anna Kendrick.

My biggest obsession was Orlando bloom I remember seeing lord of the rings and i developed a huge crush on him and the fact he was in lord of the rings which I was hugely obsessed with didn't help,i would look up facts about when he was born,what show did he make his appearance before lord of the rings and also watched pirates of the Caribbean and Troy which was also based on a huge interest for me at the time Greek mythology,I noticed that my celebrity crushes are usually from either fantasy/sci fi movies or superhero movies.

-Actor:
Jack Nicholson, Alec Baldwin, Tom Hanks and Christopher Walken are some of my favorites and I would love to just spend an hour with each of them.

-Actress:
Patricia Arquette. She just seems like such a warm, friendly person and every role she's been in I've always enjoyed her performances.

Does anybody have a bit of an obsession with any actors/actresses?

I myself love Karl Urban's acting and have recently developed a bit of a fangirl crush on a certain Lee Pace. The guy makes a most excellent elf, if I do say so myself.
Hello for me its just aesthetic beauty so Robert Downey Jr ,Robert pattinson or startling looks like rami malek
Stopping

I tend to deny being "obsessed" or "infatuated" with actors or actresses, but if I'm being honest there have been a few.

One of my favourite actors is David Tennant and so I did some low-key internet stalking and reading about his life and every other thing written about him online. Watched interviews, read trivia and quotes, watched all his films I had access to, etc. What can I say? I admire someone, and I obsess a little.

Does anybody have a bit of an obsession with any actors/actresses?

I myself love Karl Urban's acting and have recently developed a bit of a fangirl crush on a certain Lee Pace. The guy makes a most excellent elf, if I do say so myself.

Mads Mikkelsen is gorgeous......became a fan after watching Hannibal...I guess it's really more an obsession with the character of Hannibal - minus the cannibalism if that makes sense!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom