• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

About me

Wednesday Addams

Hi. I am 32, totally blind, and have Asperger's Syndrome. I enjoy sci-fi and fantasy things. Some authors I enjoy are: Margaret Weis And Tracy Hickman, Terry Goodkind, Anne Rice, Anne McCaffrey, Robbin Hobb, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Orson Scott Card, J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkein, and George R.R. Martin. Some shows I enjoy are: Criminal Minds, The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Star Trek Voyager, Charmed, Doctor Who, Sliders, And Once Upon a time. Just so everyone knows, I am very in touch with my inner child, only, I see it as a part of who I am, not as something I have to get in touch with. I therefore enjoy hanging out with children/or anyone whom I have things in common with. That being said: some movies I enjoy are: Lilo And Stitch, The New Adventures Of Pippi Longstocking, Aladdin, The Lion King, Frozen, and Beauty and the Beast. Some cartoons I enjoy are: Rugrats, Recess, Lilo and Stitch the Animated Series, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Dragon Tales, The Fairly Odd Parents, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, and Making Fiends. I believe in or am interested in: ghosts, aliens, psychics, reincarnation, and parallel earths. Just looking for friends. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Looking at your interests, there are many members here, including myself, that can relate. I look forward to reading your posts. Welcome and good luck!:)

Welcome Wednesday. I have been a science fiction fan since my youth in the 50's. I grew up reading Asimov, Heinlein, Herbert, Tolkien, Bradbury and the great magazines, Amazing and Analog.

Best wishes for you.

Thanks very much for the welcome. It's always good to find people who have similar interests to my own. Hahaha. I must confess though that I am a 90's girl all the way. Lol.

Hi! We have already met on another forum, and I now welcome you to this one too. I also love sci fi :)

Just so everyone knows, I am very in touch with my inner child, only, I see it as a part of who I am, not as something I have to get in touch with.
Welcome, Wednesday Adams!

I have to agree, I am rather in touch with my inner child as well. I can watch something very adult, like Game of Thrones and Hanible, but then when I'm alone I'll put on some Avatar or My Little Pony. I recently got into Gravity Falls and think it is absolutely hilarious.

Sometimes I worry I'm a bit too immature though. I have a hard time caring about things like finances and get so distracted by my interests that I neglect my chores. In fact, I'm 30 and still living with my parents as I find the prospect of striking out on my own kind of intimidating.

Yay for that. I'm living with a friend and her mom right now. I don't care about that stuff either, and would easily get distracted and not remember about chores. Blah.

Welcome aboard Wednesday.
I hope you enjoy the friendly community here.
Best wishes

Hi and Hakuna Matata Miss 90's girl, lol :D

I just re-watched the Jurassic park movies after seeing the new one in the theatre and just had this feeling of the 90's again. It made me a bit sad. To me the 90's was the last decade of peace and hope. People weren't fixated on wars and climate change and coming dooms.

Wednesday Addams " I am very in touch with my inner child, only, I see it as a part of who I am..."
Hi. As one child to another, then, what does 'totally blind' mean?
Black? Or shadows? How do you manage the words other people write in these posts?
Some people I have known were termed 'blind' and there is a wide variation among them.

I like children's books. Picture books and chapter books.
Some cartoons.

Eeee. Hiiiiiii. Totally blind for me means that I simply see...nothing. That term is kind of hard for most to understand however, so if saying black is easier for you to understand, then that's okay to. It's not black, but likely the closest many may come to truly understanding. I use a screen reader which reads to me what is on the screen, though it cannot read photos. It's very nice to hear from you. Hahahaha. I'm actually using my Mini IPad with VoiceOver enabled so that I can navigate. I find the site very inaccessible for my computer. So I'm glad I can do more out here with the Mini IPad. Get back to me if you want.

So I usually post a photo of an original painting that I have made, with my greeting for new members. I did not put one in my original response for obvious reasons, but would like to describe how one of my favorites feels to me.

Its like a chilly wind passing around one, who wears the softest most warm hooded sweatshirt, the smell is of damp earth, sweet grass and forest.

Eeee. Hiiiiiii. Totally blind for me means that I simply see...nothing. That term is kind of hard for most to understand however, so if saying black is easier for you to understand, then that's okay to. It's not black, but likely the closest many may come to truly understanding. I use a screen reader which reads to me what is on the screen, though it cannot read photos. It's very nice to hear from you. Hahahaha. I'm actually using my Mini IPad with VoiceOver enabled so that I can navigate. I find the site very inaccessible for my computer. So I'm glad I can do more out here with the Mini IPad. Get back to me if you want.

OK. thanks. I was wondering how you were able to
access the forum.

One blind girl I knew at work surprised some people by
having a television. She liked to listen to the shows. There weren't any
stories on the radio. She surprised them by turning the lights on at her
house. That was for other people to know she was home and awake.
The biggest surprise was when she wanted to be on the softball team.

She had a pinch hitter and ran her own bases.

A blind guy at church said that he was originally 10 per cent sighted. He
used to ride a bicycle then. I rode to church with him in the van.
When there were presentations that had scenery or just gestures,
I sat next to him to describe what was going on. He still liked the color
red after all his vision faded. He like red ties and red suspenders.

Thanks for the details about how you use the forum.

Hi. Cool description of the photo. Tree, most blind people can do things like listen to the TV, haha. So that isn't much of a surprise. There are also some audio described shows. Also, there are blind people who enjoy sports. We are not helpless, and can do many of the things sighted people can do. Since I have been blind all my life, I always just listen to things, so why wouldn't I listen to the tv? It's not that different from listening to everything else in my day to day life. As for the lights: I'd probably keep forgetting about them. Hahaha. Since they do not make any sound for me to remember their existence. Lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom