• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

AAC Survey (MIT Media Lab project)

aac_designer_mit

Hi,

My name is Jaya and I am graduate student at the MIT Media Lab working on designing new AAC devices that utilize physiological sensing and AI. We are looking for input/feedback from people on the Autism Spectrum (and their loved ones) who have different verbal speech abilities to help us understand how to design a usable device that meets their needs and wants.

The survey takes about 30 minutes to complete and can be found here: https://mit.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6gmpNchtSf8vCLz

If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact me at [email protected].

Thank you!

I cannot contribute because I have no verbal difficulties, but I have just posted your request on Twitter with appropriate hashtags to reach the right targets. Good luck with it. AAC is a tremendous field, giving voices (literally) to those of us previously unheard.

Just out of curiosity, what would you describe to be "different verbal speech abilities"? I feel that could use some more context/background. I'm fully verbal so I'm unable to contribute to this either, but hope your surveying goes well.

By "different verbal speech abilities", I mean any differences in speech that make communicating verbally challenging with other people. I am looking for feedback in the survey from people who use, or would consider using, an AAC device to facilitate communication. Let me know if I can clarify further, and thank you for your question.

New Threads

Top Bottom