• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

a quiet greeting

hiraeth

V.I.P Member
Hello :)

I'm very tired right now and having a hard time articulating too much. I look forward to sharing more and growing with you all over time.

Coming across the term Aspergers was such a relief after a lifetime of inability to function in social situations, and feeling like an alien. A lifetime of trying to fix myself without even knowing what might be wrong in the first place.

I don't have any close friends, and I leave my room only for the bare necessities. I am estranged from just about everyone in my blood family due to dynamics of trauma. I feel so powerless and disabled by my inability to form social bonds. I keep trying nonetheless, even though I know I'm terrible at it, even though it's nothing but exhausting and demoralizing. Why do I keep trying?

Working on getting a formal diagnosis. For a while I was afraid of the risks associated with having that on my record but then I thought, at this point, it can only help. How much worse can things get from here really?

Hello :)

Welcome to AC--I see you've posted to a couple of threads. That's often the quickest way to find other people with similar histories and challenges, including some relatively "social" or "extraverted" aspies.

We'll figure it out. And you're right--you'll make it.

Cheers,
A4H

Welcome to AC,

I was a late diagnosed aspie (50) and it was the best thing that happened to me, plus I got to find this site :)

Enjoy your stay.

Hi, and welcome to the forum :) My diagnosis helped me a lot, because I was able to understand the root cause of my difficulties socializing.

Hi hiraeth. Just wanted to say welcome to the Forum. This is a friendly and safe place to be. Make yourself at home. I'll pop on the kettle. ;)

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy this pleasant community :)
Best wishes.
image.jpg

I am 48, and not formally diagnosed. Why was your diagnosis at 50 the best thing that happened to you? Just curious...not judging, really :)

New Threads

Top Bottom