• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

2nd driving lesson

Arsinoe

I managed to place my legs correctly over the pedals so I'd properly switch between the accelerator and clutch pedal. Even learned how to do it faster..but just when I was getting used to that, the teacher wanted to teach me how to do the 'stop' procedure with the brake. Good Lord, ofc it went bad. I did master the courage to tell him that I don't want us to hurry in this because it might take me a while to get the hang of it AND I have all of the month to do the lessons. He doesn't know anything about me of course so he probably thinks that I'm just too insecure/hesitant/timid with it. I still don't know how to handle the steering wheel right to put the car in the right spot in the road. I did tell him that we can do it more slowly each time. It's normal for him to expect us to move on to different details each time but I barely just managed to do one thing right today..I can't learn 2-3 things at once AND understand them well too. I just want this to be over with. I have decided that I'm going to be semi-sick from the stress during the entire month, until the lessons are over. After that..I honestly hope I won't have any meltdown because I'm really kinda on the edge of this. The driving lessons have triggered severe anxiety symptoms on me.

It's good you ask him to take it slowly - it kind of reminds me of when I learned to drive, had a really hard time keeping the car in the right positions in the lane, and each time I needed to change gear the teacher had to grap the steering wheel because I was about to drive of the road :) don't worry it will be come second nature in the end, it takes practice, and more practice :) ("second nature in the end", for me was after I got my license)

It's good you ask him to take it slowly - it kind of reminds me of when I learned to drive, had a really hard time keeping the car in the right positions in the lane, and each time I needed to change gear the teacher had to grap the steering wheel because I was about to drive of the road :) don't worry it will be come second nature in the end, it takes practice, and more practice :) ("second nature in the end", for me was after I got my license)
Thank you :) I do think the same. As with everything I've learned in my life, I've learned it alone. I was very little when I learned how to ride a bicycle. My sisters were supposed to be teaching me but I had no success with them, until one afternoon I got my bicycle to the square in our neighborhood and started riding it. From then and on, bicycle became my favorite transport and still is to this day. Ofc a car is considered heavy machinery and requires much more skills than riding a bicycle but I do hope that at least I will be able to be more secure and comfortable when I start practicing on my own and at my pace.

New Threads

Top Bottom