• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favorite videogames of all-time?

Final fantasy X - I broken for weeks after I finished it...

RF Online - An awesome technological MMORPG. Have searched for another MMORPG but none seems to measure up...

My two Favourite Games of all time has to be Golden Eye for the N64 and Final VII, all Final Fantasies before and after VII are pretty rubbish.

GTA series of course!

I play on GTA 4 daily even though I completed it ages ago. I love driving round and round on 6 stars - such fun!

World of Warcraft, guild wars, mirror's edge, dragon age, mass effect, fallout 3, uhh... can't remember any more. Oh, I also like sonic the hedgehog, mortal kombat and street fighter.

I believe I should add both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City to my list of "best games". And that's not because I'm on a Batman kick right now. But I?m quite sure it enabled my Batman obsession a bit at the moment.

Batman + semi-open world + non PG villains on top of generally good gameplay is a winner.

I like halo, zelda, and I am trying to learn how to play starcraft multiplayer efficiently. If anyone has any tips on playing starcraft, let me know.

I love Kingdom Hearts. :)

Haven't played in years because of school but I plan to get back into it really soon. I still need to beat the rest of II, and then I can work on the PS2 re-release of Chain of Memories. Haven't touched my video game console in years. Yay college.... :unhappy:

I should add Deus Ex: Human revolution to my list of favorite games.

A semi-stealthy cyberpunk game with a heavy transhumanist debate undertone alongside an interesting story deserves to be on my list

I've got a fair few games I really like. Here's a few;

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Sage (Wii): Nice bit of childhood nostalgia with both Star Wars and LEGO, mixed with comical movie clips and the fun of jumping through levels, killing droids and stormtroopers while gathering studs and enjoying the many challenges you face.

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War (PS2): A nice update on the previous game (Ace Combat 5) which follows on the story introduced in the previous game - with your character been a pilot fighting in the Belkan War as a mercenary. Although there are some things I'd like to change (such as changing the aircraft your wingman flies in), it's a solid effort. I also love the mixing of the story with many allusions to the Bible, Norse mythology and the legend of King Arthur.

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (PS2): One of those games that I feel needs a sequel. The story focuses on a soldier called Nick Scryer, who is a member of a US Military organization known as 'Mindgate' - which specializes in studying psychic powers. When America and indeed the world is threatened by a terrorist group known as 'The Movement', Nick Scryer has his mind erased before been captured by the movement, fighting them as he slowly regains his memories and the psychic powers he wields as he goes against the Movement and their PSI Elite. I love just playing with the powers on offer, such as Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis and Mind Control as well as blasting away with some firearms. Aside from a few issues such as only been able to carry two guns at time, its a good game that makes you think tactically about how to deal with certain situations.

Evil Dead: Regeneration (PS2): Probably the best game of the series, the story follows on a 'What if?' scenario in which Ash ends up in a criminal asylum before teaming up with a half-deadite named Sam to take on his sadistic shrink Dr. Reinhard, who wants to unleash the power of the Book of the Dead across the world. I enjoy using the mix of weapons - both firearms and prosthetic - to take on the zombie-like demons as well as using the combo system to unleash Ash's over the top style. I also enjoy abusing Sam since he can't die, so you can kick him into anything and he'll come back. :D
The only downside is it does get a bit repetitive at times.

Well, I have a large number of favorite games.

Empire Earth (PC): A fun and interesting strategy game, it was one of the first computer games I played and one of the first that I took seriously. It still holds a place in my heart.

Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES): What can I say, I like the classics.

Fallout New Vega (PS3): I've gone back to this game over and over and over and I still haven't gotten through it all.

The Mass Effect trilogy (PS3): Got it just to waste a two week break in school and I just feel in love with it.

There's more, but I kinda don't want to spend my whole day going through them all. I play a lot of games.

Assassin's Creed-games are the ones I can't get enough of right now! :D

I also love co-op games, split screen style! ;) Luckily I know two (actually four, but two have moved to another country) female gamer friends I can play with and we go crazy >.< We play Halo, Gears of war and Army of two! Luckily there's more than one of each, yay!

Madden Football & in the past-Vietcong, Halo, Elite Warriors, Duex Ex Invisible War, Command and Conquer, Battlefield Vietnam, Empire Earth, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Pearl Harbor, Blitzkrieg & many more. I gave my son most of the games. I like good graphics & good storyline/plot.

I don't know what it is about videogames. I go through phases where all I want to do is play them, but eventually I become bored and quit playing. When I am in the mood for videogames, I enjoy such titles as: Motorstorm, Portal 1 & 2, Minecraft, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Half-Life and GTA. Minecraft and Portal are my current faves.

I don't play as much as I used to, but I favour wargames and sports games:

Age of Empires series was the first series I played seriously
(AOE I, AOE II, both their expansions, AOE III)

Total War series up to Medieval II and then stopped, as I didn't like Empire as much
(Shogun I, Medieval I, Rome I, Medieval II)

Drummania and Guitar freaks (Japanese music games by BEMAMI if you're interested)

Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi (Japanese beat-em-up/strategy games based on Chinese and Japanese history)

Panzer general I and II

Currently if I do play I tend to play Mount and Blade: Warband, an indie game filled with realistic medieval combat

NHL series (hockey)
FIFA series (soccer

that's it for now...

Okay, here goes.

Golden Sun (but NOT Dark Dawn)

Final Fantasy (can't speak on 11, 13, or 14)

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross

... And on the more modern side of things:

Halo

Half Life

Mass Effect

StarCraft

... And lamentedly:

Old MapleStory

Chrono Break

I was born in 1980, so my first gaming system was my cousin's Atari 2600...but I got hooked on "Super Mario Bros." at age 9, and have been a fan ever since. I also love a few of the Zelda games, especially the first two, "A Link to the Past", and "Ocarina of Time". Other faves include "Super Metroid", "Super Punch-Out", "Castlevania II: Simon's Quest", and the original "Mega Man" series.

^ I loved the first couple of Zelda games, particularly "A Link to the Past." My friends and I used to play that game all the time. Once, I had one of my friends over for a sleepover, and we just played that game all night. It was a lot of fun.

The first system I remember getting was an original NES, we got that in 1989 when I was 6 years old. For NES, my favorite games were probably Tecmo Super Bowl, Zelda, the Super Mario games, and a few others I'm probably forgetting. I had a baseball game, Bases Loaded 4, that was a lot of fun.

Then I got an SNES, and I actually originally got it to play the first Sim City game. That was actually one of my favorite games for SNES, I used to build cities on it all the time. While it was more simplistic than the modern Sim City games, it was perfect for the age I was at the time. I was also a huge fan of the fighting games. I had Super Street Fighter II Turbo, which I played a lot. I also *love* the Mortal Kombat video game series. I had every single one for SNES, from the first one all the way to Ultimate MK3. I remember being happy that they brought back some of the classic characters in Ultimate MK3 that were not in MK3, such as Scorpion and Reptile.

The video games I have played the most over the years, especially recently, are sports games and wrestling games. For sports games, my favorite games are American football games, baseball games, and racing games. For wrestling, the first wrestling game I played was WWF Super Wrestlemania for SNES and I've owned pretty much every one since. I love the WWE Smackdown series, now the WWE 2K series, and I have every game in that series to date. Also, I love either Japanese wrestling games or ones that were originally Japanese and were ported to the US. In particular, I love the Fire Pro Wrestling series. The most recent game that was released in that series was Fire Pro Returns for PS2. I still play that game all the time.

The later systems that I have owned are a PS1, N64, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, and Xbox 360. I still think the glory years were back in the days of the NES and SNES though. I'll never have as much fun with any video games today like I did back then. They don't make as many of the games I like these days and I don't really like the emphasis they put on online play and things like downloadable content. I liked when you bought the game, and that was it.

New Threads

Top Bottom