• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You might be an aspie if...

You might be an aspie:

• If after talking for fifteen minutes somebody tells you, "If you wonder why I'm not saying anything it's because I don't care about what you're talking about." - true story
  • If you arrange your clothes in ascending order of photonic wave length and are then really conflicted over what to do with purple, black, white, and (worst of all) mixed colours.
  • If, despite the above, your room is still a mess.
  • If you can recall with clarity events that happened in your infancy but can't remember what you had for breakfast.
  • If you close the blinds on a cloudy day because it's "too bright outside."
  • If you suddenly don't recognize your friend because they changed their hair.
  • If you just spent the past thirty minutes playing with a rubber band.

You might be an aspie if, when saying goodbye to your friends mum, you can't tell which cheek she is going to give you a peck on in ooder to tilt you face correctly and end up giving her a peck on the lips.

You might be an aspie if you rate all seating spaces in all rooms or modes of transport, from most to least desireable.

You might be an aspie if you rate all seating spaces in all rooms or modes of transport, from most to least desireable.
On the bus; someone is sitting in the far right seat, in the small row of seats parallell to the back door. This spot provides ample leg room, easy egress, a maximum of one proximal co-sitter, and I can comfortably lean on my right side against the barrier between the first level and the elevated level in the back. It is also lower traffic than the front, but presents a lower likelihood of encountering vomit and miscreants than at the very back.
Ummm...
iu

you might be an Aspie if you interact in one thread on a forum and, your obsession/passion takes over and has you planning a professional reinvention of yourself for the third time in your life because, well that's probably the right thing to do and, you have a running internal dialog listing every single detail and, are mentally hiring and/or drawing up contracts for people on the forum so everyone can share in profits that might never come. (or is that my OCD? Determination? I've gone mad? *shrug*)

When I hang my clothes up in the closet they have to be color coded and the different style of shirts need to be grouped together like tank tops, girlier cut shirts, baggy shirts, long sleeve shirts then sweaters. I put them ain order by color first then organize the colors by style.

Yes, exactly... and hangers are either one or two finger-widths apart for me.

• If you arrange your clothes in ascending order of photonic wave length and are then really conflicted over what to do with purple, black, white, and (worst of all) mixed colours.
You go by saturation and then choose which end of the closet is to be "loud". Pastels, greys, blacks, and whites go on one side, soft but not pastels go in the middle, and the bold, vibrant colors go on the opposite end. Purple comes between red and blue on the color spectrum, pink is usually between red and purple, browns are a kind of red, and mixed colors are to be filed numerically if they do not have a distinct dominate color. Solid colors are 1, two colors are 2, three colors are 3, and then really jumbled outfits go at the end.

You might be an Aspie if you have the color spectrum worked out to perform a perfect continuous loop with mild variations to make it an orb to take into account tint, tone, and hue. :confused:

You might be a neurotic basketcase of an Aspie if you don't get to spend most of your time with yourself. Why does my husband and son always have to match my sleep schedule no matter what time of day I go to bed? :confused:

.....days or even weeks after reading a post you find a response, reply, thought and you spend an hour or more finding the post to add your comment...to prevent the world from ending..

You might be an Aspie if come in to work in the morning and find that the cleaners have left your office door open and the lights on. So you switch the lights off, and close the door and come in again because part of the morning routine is to open the door and turn on the lights, and nothing can be done until those two steps have been completed.

You might be an Aspie if everyone at work comments on how much they like the nice flowery smell of a the new cleaning product the cleaner has been using - while it makes you gag and makes you feel sick to your stomach and you have to open your window wide to air things out even though it makes the temperature in your office plummet - but you don't mind that.

You might be an Aspie if the offensive smell makes you MAD!! How DARE they stink up your space!! (not that I would express such a thought or reaction).

You might be an Aspie if you live out in the boonies in an area where all properties are acreage so other homes are quite a distance away, but you can smell someone, somewhere using stinky over-perfumed fabric softener and running their dryer (How dare they stink up MY air!)

You might be an Aspie if you are utterly baffled by the popularity of so many overwhelming, over-bearingly un-bearable fake-smelling products as rooom fresheners, cleaning producst and laundry products.

You might be an Aspie if your co-workers walk by and their clothes stink of laundry detergent. How can they stand it?

This is a very good post. I think it is very true. Thank you.

You might be an Aspie if come in to work in the morning and find that the cleaners have left your office door open and the lights on. So you switch the lights off, and close the door and come in again because part of the morning routine is to open the door and turn on the lights, and nothing can be done until those two steps have been completed.

You might be an Aspie if everyone at work comments on how much they like the nice flowery smell of a the new cleaning product the cleaner has been using - while it makes you gag and makes you feel sick to your stomach and you have to open your window wide to air things out even though it makes the temperature in your office plummet - but you don't mind that.

You might be an Aspie if the offensive smell makes you MAD!! How DARE they stink up your space!! (not that I would express such a thought or reaction).

You might be an Aspie if you live out in the boonies in an area where all properties are acreage so other homes are quite a distance away, but you can smell someone, somewhere using stinky over-perfumed fabric softener and running their dryer (How dare they stink up MY air!)

You might be an Aspie if you are utterly baffled by the popularity of so many overwhelming, over-bearingly un-bearable fake-smelling products as rooom fresheners, cleaning producst and laundry products.

You might be an Aspie if your co-workers walk by and their clothes stink of laundry detergent. How can they stand it?

I can tick most of those boxes but I have a bigger concern now about all the particulate-laden plug-in air fresheners that are so pushed at people on TV here; They always show people leaning over to inhale almost directly from them & like, asthma & other respiratory disease rates are the highest they've ever been & the ad-makers are like "Breathe this". I find it hard to believe anyone actually would, at least close up but who knows?

I can tick most of those boxes but I have a bigger concern now about all the particulate-laden plug-in air fresheners that are so pushed at people on TV here; They always show people leaning over to inhale almost directly from them & like, asthma & other respiratory disease rates are the highest they've ever been & the ad-makers are like "Breathe this". I find it hard to believe anyone actually would, at least close up but who knows?

You might be an Aspie if you respond to the post immediately in front of you without realizing the thread is somewhat directed otherwise. :p

New Threads

Top Bottom