• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Women with autism - Help appreciated

Paige_emmax

Hi, I'm a 25 year old university student studying Special Educational Needs, Disabilities and Inclusion and I am also awaiting a diagnosis for autism.

I work full time within the SEND sector and have done since I was 19, it is something that it very close to my heart.

Due to this, I have decided to conduct my dissertation research around the workplace experiences of autistic women in their twenties.
This is due to my own personal experiences, as well as wanting to make a change for the women I support within my role, as I know all too well the barriers that we can face.

I am asking if anyone would be comfortable in completing a short 5 minutes questionnaire as part of my research, it is all completely anonymous and will support my research and career in developing a more neurodiverse society. The only criteria is that you must identify as a woman and be aged 20+.

I also have Ethics forms to send to participants to provide further information and contact details, as I'll be more than happy on keeping you up to date with my findings.

Here is the link for anyone who would like to take part An exploration into the work experiences of autistic women in their twenties.

If anyone has any questions or queries I'd be more than happy to answer them and any general feedback is welcomed :)

Thank you!

Hello and welcome. Maybe you will want to stick around on the forum and participate in some of the threads as well.

You'll probably get more participation if you hang out here from time to time and just talk with people. A surprising amount of new users sign up and drop their link here like you did, and for some of us there's just not much incentive to participate in yet another study for someone who's just going to vanish forever (although, you might have a lot of luck here and I could be completely wrong!). Others have expressed concerns with certain survey sites' use of their personal data, and I think that's mostly justified as well.

Some of the best discussion and Q&A seems to happen when people start threads and actively participate in them, although I understand this doesn't fit the academic survey format very well. You get much better answers that way, though, IMHO.

You'll probably get more participation if you hang out here from time to time and just talk with people. A surprising amount of new users sign up and drop their link here like you did, and for some of us there's just not much incentive to participate in yet another study for someone who's just going to vanish forever (although, you might have a lot of luck here and I could be completely wrong!). Others have expressed concerns with certain survey sites' use of their personal data, and I think that's mostly justified as well.

Some of the best discussion and Q&A seems to happen when people start threads and actively participate in them, although I understand this doesn't fit the academic survey format very well. You get much better answers that way, though, IMHO.
Thankyou for your response and feedback, I completely understand what you’re saying.

I’d love to be able to gain feedback through a more holistic and authentic approach, but as you say it’s difficult to do so whilst following university guidelines.

I’d definitely like to stay around and continue interacting on the site, as some of the threads I’ve seen so far would be very helpful for me as an individual

New Threads

Top Bottom