• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

(witty opening statement here) just kidding. hi.

Hi. I don't really know where to start. Okay, I'm 26 and suspect I might have asperger's, that's why I'm here.
I've had social anxiety my entire life and I have only one friend with whom I've never talked in real life. I also have OCD (self-diagnosed). I've been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder by two different psychiatrists, one of whom later stated that I had bipolar traits as well and put me on lithium after all the other SSRIs, anti-psychotics and the like.
I've always disliked noisy and crowded places. I don't like fluorescent lights, people standing too close, and I have misophonia.
I have a tendency to stay up all night but I can't do it anymore because I've started working. I'm going to quit my job because I can't tolerate the noise, the people, the dirtiness of the environment and the constant social interaction.
I have dipsomania, developed it as a coping mechanism.
When I read a book, I read the same sentences over and over again. I think I have problems understanding written material.
I also suspect I might have ADD.
I've been depressed most of my life and in this particular period as well. I don't know if this post will get any replies but I just thought I'd give it a shot. I could tell more but I know no one likes hearing about other people's personal stories unless they interest them.

welcome.png

A lot of autistic females tend to get misdiagnosed with Emotional Unstable Personality Disorder or Bipolar. It also makes sense if you think you have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, mistaking symptoms of that for autistic traits. And social anxiety for being aware of mistakes you make in conversations and not sure what to do with your body, your eyes, tone of speech to use, etc.

I don't know if you actually are autistic, I'm neither a doctor nor a psychic but it wouldn't blow my mind to find out that you are autistic.

Anyway, welcome!

giphy (13).gif

hello there! nice to meet you =) it is a good thing you subscribed here, i am quite sure. have you taken any tests? [AQ-test, SQ-rest/EQ-test, RAADS-R ...] if you have not done so yet, you might want to do so - it will help you very much with clearing your diagnosis [and identity diffusion i suspect you are facing]; if one is told one has a borderline personality one might feel to oblige, since it is diagnosed by a professional - sadly, not many have yet ever heard about ASD. one would expect otherwise but is quite true; it is so very rare and far from mainstream psychology. yet, ASD psychodynamics are very different from NT psychodynamics... and it turns out NT are borderliners viewed from an autistic perspective =P just use the wiki-borderline traits in milder version on those sorrounding you, expect them to think and act in that way [perceiving you as one of them] and see, if it changes anything. if i can be of any help in these terms i'd be happy - if you have any pressing questions, please feel free to message me.

New Threads

Top Bottom