• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When nts make you feel like an alien

know all the words in the world, if and only if superfast reading has already been taken.

Oh yes, what a dream that would be lol the trouble with me, is I know tons of words, but fail on spelling and think that is terrible, to say a big word and get the spelling wrong and so, I play safe.

Becoming detached and feeling like you are observing yourself from outside is a perfectly normal response to anxiety.

How do you describe: surreal to someone who has no idea what it means?

I would show them an example of surrealism, such as Dali's Swans Reflecting Elephants.

37SwansReflectingElephants.jpg

It's also a pretty good metaphor for how NTs and aspies can easily interpret the same social situation far differently.

Don't forget that NTs can't help it. Something strange happens in their brain when they are very young. Just remember what the poor souls are missing out on. Would you wish to be one of them?
You are a beautiful person and should be more compassionate to those who appear to be putting you down. They are probably trying to hide their own frailties. Love everyone and most will love you back.
Be good to yourself.

I have been criticised in the past because I don't often say hi to people in the street, I listen to music while walking and I'm not very friendly. I once tried to explain to someone that when I'm out and about doing my business I just want to get whatever it is that I'm doing finished, I'm in my head and want to be alone, I don't always feel like stopping and talking, I often don't recognise people anyway and it's not because I have anything against them and they shouldn't take it personally, but when I try to explain, I get blank stares. They don't get this at all. Don't NTs ever feel the need to be alone even when they are out? Don't they ever feel that they would rather not speak to someone at that moment? I can't believe it's just us who feel that way.

New Threads

Top Bottom