• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's not allowed in your house?

Idiots, first and foremost. I don't discriminate based on sex, gender, race, kin, identification, astrological sign or planetary origin. If you're an idiot however, just hit the door. If you can't or won't learn from your mistakes, please don't burden someone else with them.

Compose yourself when in another man's (make that woman's, since she rules the roost) house. It's common sense, nothing to it.

Smoking, alcohol, recreational drugs, pets, and physically violent people. And spiders, I go to great lengths to keep the house and garage treated in the summer.

I would prefer to disallow rude people, mean people, careless people, wasteful people, freeloading people, people who refuse to listen. Maybe in time.

I allow smoking. After all, it's not as though it can kill you. I also never ask anyone to remove their shoes because, well... that's just weird, and I myself hate not having shoes on.
However, it would be nice if someone plans to come around that they give sufficient notice first, if only because there may be no one at home when they turn up, and it would save them the trip.
I also utterly despise people who can't seem to get it through their heads that if you take something out of its proper place, then you should put it back in the same spot after you have borrowed it. I live with two people who just can't seem to grasp that (incredibly basic) idea. I should NOT have to search the whole bloody house just to find the vacuum cleaner, for example.
Knock before entering my bedroom if you know I am in it. My brother used to just storm in like Kramer from Seinfeld before I told him a number of times that it was just NOT acceptable!
Don't touch my stuff.
Don't go into my bedroom. It's private, you should not be there (unless I've actually invited you in).

Thou shalt not:

• Pollute my working place or any place in my house
  • To come in my room without asking me
  • Interact with any stuff without asking (especially in my room)
  • Stay longer than allowed
  • Alcohol, tabac etc. consume is a taboo
  • Cause any forms of violence
  • Overly criticize

Last edited:
Absolutely no Kaiju Monsters without written invitation. Reptilicus is banned outright for eating the Farmer who had just sat down for dinner. He may appeal if he can show proof of attending an accredited class in Table manners.
LinearOddballHoki-size_restricted.gif

And King Kong as well.

Smoking, drinking, illegal drugs, shoes past the doormat, anyone I do not know or expect, things that smell or make noise and snail haters.

What are people not allowed to do in your house?

If it's like my house, I'm sure they do it anyway!

Thou shalt not;

Over-stuff draws so that they jam when I open them.
Pile food in the freeze and quickly shut the door before it topples out - this is the same as laying a trap for me.
Over fill bins - same as above.
OMG! Another one of your posts is giving me PTSD again! When something pops out of the freezer and usually hits me in the face(I am 5'2") it is like I have been suprise-attacked by a cougar. I live alone so I am obviously not very bright. LOL I'm sure like a lot of you I have a very systematic way of organizing the stuff in my freezer(I won't describe-and you're welcome;). But one of my dresser drawers may be a portal to hell. It usually opens great until I am late for work or half-way to a melt down. It is a real finisher. LOL

I live in an apartment and I rarely get visitors, but when the occasional person does arrive I'd appreciate it if they didn't:
Arrive unannounced or let me know ahead of time when they're arriving.
Smoke or drink alcohol
Expect the apartment to be spotless.
Harass my two cats
Make a big deal about the stuff I own or how much of it there is, it makes me very uncomfortable.
Use racist, sexist, or vulgar language
Use small talk, or expect me to use it.
Have the TV on very loud.
Track dirt all over my floor because you didn't take your shoes off.
Stay longer than expected.
Look at the doodles I made on my stack of drawing paper unless I say it's okay. I consider this an extreme invasion of privacy.
Spend all your time on the phone instead of having a pleasant one-on-one conversation with me.

New Threads

Top Bottom