• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was your happiest moment in life?

Quitting my job 2 years ago. I still remember the giddy feeling of packing up my box and walking through those awkward revolving doors the last time. So far, I still haven't had to get a real job.. Self employment is amazing.

After my traumatic brain injury,I quit dreaming for over two years. One morning,I awoke with the memory of a dream that was very vivid. I passed it off as just a residual memory from a bad time in my life. The next morning,I awoke to another memory of a dream that proved it was a new thought from my subconscious.

The whole premise of mentioning this was my take on my dying twice. When I ventured to the edge of the great beyond the only memories I had of it were none,only dark and quiet,much the same as when I fell asleep with no dream state involved. The morning after my second dream of the here and now was a new beginning for me and possibly the happiest day of my life :)

When my Mother bought me my 4½" reflector telescope when I was ~7 years old for Christmas.

That, and when I moved out completely on my own. Still thrills me!

In all honesty, there are enough really beautiful moments that I don't know which one to pick...
There was a little boy I used to babysit. The days with him were among the happiest of my life.
There were two days when someone I deeply loved unexpectedly showed an affection for me that I hadn't known they had for me.
There were some religious moments.
And, surprisingly, the days following my painful, painful surgery...and the days of painful physical therapy were very happy days. Somehow, the accident and surgery, and the physical debilitation and pain removed me from the inner stress to which I was accustomed, and placed me firmly in the present moment, in a beautiful relationship with existence itself and the physical world around me.

I would say the day we adopted our daughter in China. Scary but joyful. The second happiest day was the day the wheels of the plane touched the ground at our home airport. I am terrified of flying and 17 hours of anxiety nearly killed me.

Quitting my job 2 years ago. I still remember the giddy feeling of packing up my box and walking through those awkward revolving doors the last time. So far, I still haven't had to get a real job.. Self employment is amazing.

I love being self employed too :), you can work your own hours plus you can be happy while you work... however I have never actually had a real job except being an author with a publishing house would that be considered a job though?

After my traumatic brain injury,I quit dreaming for over two years. One morning,I awoke with the memory of a dream that was very vivid. I passed it off as just a residual memory from a bad time in my life. The next morning,I awoke to another memory of a dream that proved it was a new thought from my subconscious.

The whole premise of mentioning this was my take on my dying twice. When I ventured to the edge of the great beyond the only memories I had of it were none,only dark and quiet,much the same as when I fell asleep with no dream state involved. The morning after my second dream of the here and now was a new beginning for me and possibly the happiest day of my life :)
Wow :) I could imagine that being the happiest day of your life that must of being beautiful :)

When my Mother bought me my 4½" reflector telescope when I was ~7 years old for Christmas.

That, and when I moved out completely on my own. Still thrills me!
Aw :) Telescopes are fun, I had a telescope too when I was young! don't know where it went though but I had great fun with it from what I remember!

In all honesty, there are enough really beautiful moments that I don't know which one to pick...
There was a little boy I used to babysit. The days with him were among the happiest of my life.
There were two days when someone I deeply loved unexpectedly showed an affection for me that I hadn't known they had for me.
There were some religious moments.
And, surprisingly, the days following my painful, painful surgery...and the days of painful physical therapy were very happy days. Somehow, the accident and surgery, and the physical debilitation and pain removed me from the inner stress to which I was accustomed, and placed me firmly in the present moment, in a beautiful relationship with existence itself and the physical world around me.
It's great to have many happy moments and memories :) keeps you feeling that you are a person :)! those are some very nice happy moments.

Working with special needs children at a forest camp, the day after they all arrived crying, they began to realize that no one would stop them from doing anything short of them harming themselves or others. When they realized that no one would hurt them, or prevent them from doing things, they went absolutely wild.

Interesting situations happened, and joy and excitement and fun became a part of their lives and mine. They ran everywhere, took off all their clothes and jumped in the pond, made cookies in the kitchen with their their noses and hands and elbows. Stayed up late singing and dancing, invented things, learned to walk on their hands, drove the tractor, built forest camps, climbed trees, rolled down hills of grass, had food fights, many cried the day they had to leave. It was the most rewarding time in my life, and one of the happiest.
That sounds like a very happy life moment :) you must feel most privileged! :)

I would say the day we adopted our daughter in China. Scary but joyful. The second happiest day was the day the wheels of the plane touched the ground at our home airport. I am terrified of flying and 17 hours of anxiety nearly killed me.
I have met many who are scared to death of flying, I always feel relieved and happy/proud that they actually flew although before they fly they almost have nervous breakdowns they love to talk to me due to my calm approach and they end up flying and thank me afterwards I feel very rewarded afterwards.

As for the adopting, I find people like you saints because I have seen how bad it is in China especially how they deal with babies in particular females and it is enough to make anyone breakdown and get a broken heart, so I find those like yourself saints that is amazing and beautiful :) what is your daughters name? :)

I have met many who are scared to death of flying, I always feel relieved and happy/proud that they actually flew although before they fly they almost have nervous breakdowns they love to talk to me due to my calm approach and they end up flying and thank me afterwards I feel very rewarded afterwards.

As for the adopting, I find people like you saints because I have seen how bad it is in China especially how they deal with babies in particular females and it is enough to make anyone breakdown and get a broken heart, so I find those like yourself saints that is amazing and beautiful :) what is your daughters name? :)

Thanks for the kind words. Her name is Emily Grace Qiu Williams. That's her in my avatar. She has brought us so much joy the last 10 years. We applied for a second adoption 8 years ago but they have not gotten to us yet.

Oh come on there has to be something... some moment or something?

I dunno, really nothing comes to mind. I guess there has to be a happiest moment by default but I'd guess whatever that is doesn't register in my brain as being worthy of that notation. I don't think I've ever really been happy for any extended period of time, even the stuff I am supposed to enjoy I tick down the seconds in my head until its over. Maybe I'm just depressed but I don't think I would of ever been able to answer this question.

1.) When my (late) husband held me in his arms when I struggled to get words out, I felt astounded at being so loved and accepted. He simply hugged me warmly and absorbed my nervousness, excitement, curiosity, tenderness, and hope. I knew he understood me, and that to him I was okay, exactly as I am. I will never forget being so loved and understood.

2.) When I brought my puppy Grimm home (the dog in my avatar), he was the size of a loaf of bread at 9 weeks. I carried him in my arms on a walk one afternoon. His enormous paws draped over my arm, and he felt so sweet, warm and trusting in my embrace. He had a baby smell. He needed and trusted me. I felt like a mother, as much as is possible for someone like me.

3.) A few years ago, I was living in a situation where I was incredibly fortunate to be able to raise a hatch of darling baby bantam chicks. I was responsible for their care. The tiny chicks soon saw me as a Mama, and snuggled into my lap for all naps. There simply are no words to explain the intensity of joy, fulfillment, and love that I felt then, each downy warm ball of chirpy contentment snuggled into me, the love flowing both ways.

1.) When my (late) husband held me in his arms when I struggled to get words out, I felt astounded at being so loved and accepted. He simply hugged me warmly and absorbed my nervousness, excitement, curiosity, tenderness, and hope. I knew he understood me, and that to him I was okay, exactly as I am. I will never forget being so loved and understood.

2.) When I brought my puppy Grimm home (the dog in my avatar), he was the size of a loaf of bread at 9 weeks. I carried him in my arms on a walk one afternoon. His enormous paws draped over my arm, and he felt so sweet, warm and trusting in my embrace. He had a baby smell. He needed and trusted me. I felt like a mother, as much as is possible for someone like me.

3.) A few years ago, I was living in a situation where I was incredibly fortunate to be able to raise a hatch of darling baby bantam chicks. I was responsible for their care. The tiny chicks soon saw me as a Mama, and snuggled into my lap for all naps. There simply are no words to explain the intensity of joy, fulfillment, and love that I felt then, each downy warm ball of chirpy contentment snuggled into me, the love flowing both ways.
Awwww yeah bringing home my puppy was also an incredibly happy day. Little wriggly sack of wrinkles.. She was a tiny little terror. She's 4 now.. Can't hardly believe it. She is by far my best friend.

To what did your wife say yes? ;p no wait let me guess. ...she said yes to you getting a mullet? No, to getting a Mork and Mindy Tattoo (minus the Mork).....or did she say yes to the idea of getting a trained cybernetic helper monkey so that she can finally have the assistance she needs to give you robot eyes? Oh please say it's the last one. ..

New Threads

Top Bottom