• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was your happiest moment in life?

To what did your wife say yes? ;p no wait let me guess. ...she said yes to you getting a mullet? No, to getting a Mork and Mindy Tattoo (minus the Mork).....or did she say yes to the idea of getting a trained cybernetic helper monkey so that she can finally have the assistance she needs to give you robot eyes? Oh please say it's the last one. ..

Well, it is one hell of a monkey. Now I have to find someone to stare down with my robot eyes.

I know this is an odd but interesting question but I was wondering what everyone's happiest moment was in life? :)?
That has to be graduating with an honours degree in electronics. At that point I didn't know anything about AS and thought that until then I was just stupid. I hated school but the different learning style of uni I found much better. I struggle with participation within a large group so junior school was a nightmare!
I have to say that I would give it all up if I achieved a meaningful relationship though and that would be an unsurpassable high point. Not holding my breath though!

I've got a few in my life. Perhaps I'm blessed or, just fortunate.

Performing for the senior prom at my old high school (where I was harassed and bullied a lot.) the year after I graduate. Graduating high school valedictorian, graduating university magna Cum Laud, my first stadium concert, My first Stadium concert as a member of the headliner band, first award won, first platinum sing, then album. Getting married (even though it ended in divorce.) Buying my first home, selling that home to buy a better home. Buying my first horse, owning the three horses I dreamed of owning....

Okay, yeah, I've had a lot of hard times along with the good but, there has been a lot of good in my life as well. None of it would be so great without all of the struggles and problems I went through to get to those good times but, they are what makes all of the bad stuff worth going through for me.

Was there one? if so, I don't recall. I can give you hundreds of times when I have been miserable. Oh, yeah--I can remember being glad to find I had graduated with honors from high school, or had the highest academic average, 3.962, when I became an RN, but it wasn't like winning the lottery. It wasn't a straight 4.0 because I got a damn B in second semester chemistry. I am almost always unhappy, tormented with memories of being abused, left out, not fitting in, waiting to die......

When she said she loved me and we fantasized about how great the future was going to be under the moon. Only time in my life I have felt truly happy. Then it all came crashing down and now it's all gone. We even had promise rings. I think I'll go suffer severely for a while thinking about things that could have been.

New Threads

Top Bottom