• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Jarhead. It was something to watch while I ate supper. (I eat slowly)
Since it didn't push for the nobility of the military experience, I was able to watch it.

Sleeping Beauty

One of those rare films that wows me just as much now as when I first saw it, this was without a doubt Walt Disney's finest hour as a filmmaker and to this day, it remains one of the greatest animated features ever produced. Maleficent is going to have a lot to live up to, but Disney's been doing awesome work lately (aside from Frozen, which was sadly not the film it could have been if they'd only given it another year to fix the weaknesses in the writing) so if anyone can pull it off, it's them.

Watching Steve Martin's "The Jerk" right now and laughing my a** off!

"You mean I'm gonna stay this color??"

Gotta fold a lot of laundry, and a comedy makes it fly by.

Frozen!!!! Finally saw it at the cinema today and oh my goodness, I was blown away. I loved it so much - the best film Disney has produced by a long shot :) Ah, it was enchanting! :D

Watched 'Black Fish'...was so sad :/

image.jpg

"The Bad Seed" (1956)

Still a very creepy movie about an "over-the-top" evil little girl.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. A masterful cinematic achievement that bored me to tears. Thank goodness it was on DVD so I could pause for potty breaks! :)

I like the Lord of the Rings films but that ends at least 40 minutes before the credits roll and that's why I've only seen the film from start to finish once.

Last film I saw was The Kings of Summer.

Leon

A most wonderful creation with many deep, profound layers. Very memorable and spotless performances from Jean Reno and Natalie Portman.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Maybe it's because I went into it with almost no expectations, but I actually really enjoyed it. I thought it was a bit more violent than it probably ought to have been...at least, based on my memories of reading the book many moons ago...but honestly, I quite like the campiness with which it was presented. I'm waiting for the second film to come out on DVD now.

Mozart and the Whale

While I give it points for being super-adorable, I did not much care for the way in which it presented aspergers/autism in a rather cartoon-ish manner...so, my feelings were rather mixed.

The last movie I saw was The Awkward Moment. I didn't like it at all.

Hey, I saw the trailer and it looked over-sexed to me. Sometimes, if sexual jokes are done badly it really damages the film regardless of the quality of acting. Apologies for this weird introduction, I'm Katie and pleased to meet you. Hope you're enjoying the forum. :) (as you may have deduced one of my special interests is film.)

Hey, I saw the trailer and it looked over-sexed to me. Sometimes, if sexual jokes are done badly it really damages the film regardless of the quality of acting. Apologies for this weird introduction, I'm Katie and pleased to meet you. Hope you're enjoying the forum. :) (as you may have deduced one of my special interests is film.)
To me it felt like it was over-sexed. There are sexual scenes in the movie. It was just over all boring and felt like it was just not that great of a movie. And hi, I'm Krysty. Nice to meet you.

I recently walked out of Frozen. And I mean like after a few minutes. Could NOT handle the overload of gender roles and unrealistic mannerisms.

New Threads

Top Bottom