• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things that people do that really annoy you

I hate people who are friendly and smile, then the moment that person has walked off, they stab him in the back. And they reckon, ive got problems. Sheeeeeesh

Back stabbers and fakes, you gotta love them :( I came across a few in real life as well as a lot from a couple of MMO-RTS online games ...

People who constantly offer me food or drinks when I've said no.
I turn down a drink, or ask for water and then they're offering me coke, tea etc when I don't want anything or just want water. :(
At my wedding everyone was offering me a drink and I kept trying to turn them down and I think they were getting offended..

I don't want anything. Why must people keep offering me something once I've said no?

People who constantly offer me food or drinks when I've said no.
I turn down a drink, or ask for water and then they're offering me coke, tea etc when I don't want anything or just want water. :(
At my wedding everyone was offering me a drink and I kept trying to turn them down and I think they were getting offended..
That annoys me too - why is it that when people offer you a drink and you say no because you don't want a drink or because you don't want the specific drink they are offering, they take it as a personal insult, and assume you don't like them? That just makes no sense to me at all.

This happens to me a lot because I don't drink alcohol, I don't like coffee, I have very specific requirements for my cup of tea that make people think I'm just being difficult on purpose so I tend to just turn down cups of tea now unless they tell me to make it myself, and soft drinks give me horrendous acid reflux. When I don't want a drink, I don't want a drink, and when I do, usually water's the only thing they have that I actually would be ok with drinking.

I do the clock thing even though I know the clock is 6 minutes fast. I have no clue why I haven't changed it back. Maybe because I 1) am too lazy or 2) it makes me feel like I am ahead of schedule which makes me proud of myself.

Anyway, when people ask, "What's wrong with you?" When you do something they don't understand or people used to ask WHY I don't drink. Why is it your business? Maybe because being out of control gives me anxiety attacks? Is that the answer you want and now we both feel awkward.

Anyway, when people ask, "What's wrong with you?" When you do something they don't understand or people used to ask WHY I don't drink. Why is it your business? Maybe because being out of control gives me anxiety attacks?

Control of my life is a huge thing to me. Self-employed...build my own computers...etc, etc. When I'm not in control I'm a mess.

Went over last week to help my cousin with her new computer...had no understanding of Windows 8. I was a basket case! :eek:

Control of my life is a huge thing to me. Self-employed...build my own computers...etc, etc. When I'm not in control I'm a mess.

Went over last week to help my cousin with her new computer...had no understanding of Windows 8. I was a basket case! :eek:

I am not in control of my household which keeps me stressed and when I am not in control of plans I have a hard time functioning and have a lot of anxiety. I don't do "spontaneous" lol

I am not in control of my household which keeps me stressed and when I am not in control of plans I have a hard time functioning and have a lot of anxiety. I don't do "spontaneous" lol

I think we're related. :p

But seriously, keeping my anxieties down on my own terms without meds is like money in the bank for me. Of course a major element of this equation involves living alone. At times a complex "tradeoff", although loneliness doesn't drain me anywhere near as much as assorted anxieties.

Last edited:
I think we're related. :p

But seriously, keeping my anxieties down on my own terms without meds is like money in the bank for me. Of course a major element of this equation involves living alone. At times a complex "tradeoff", although loneliness doesn't drain me anywhere near as much as assorted anxieties.

I sometimes wish I had an empty house even though it might get lonely. It would be a lot easier to keep control of things even if I let it get messy at least it's just MY mess. Or my chaos, not someone else's.

I sometimes wish I had an empty house even though it might get lonely. It would be a lot easier to keep control of things even if I let it get messy at least it's just MY mess. Or my chaos, not someone else's.

Exactly. That's the weird part of my OCD. I don't allow it to extend beyond my own environment or intrude into the lives of other people.

I keep it all bottled up here for the most part. So it's not a real "problem" to me personally.

Exactly. That's the weird part of my OCD. I don't allow it to extend beyond my own environment or intrude into the lives of other people.

I keep it all bottled up here for the most part. So it's not a real "problem" to me personally.

I got lucky, I guess, with my OCD. Well I can't say that for sure because I don't know the true feeling of compulsions so in a way I WISH I was a neat freak. Really. But to have what my son describes as almost pain if you don't do something would suck. I, however, have obsessive thoughts. Horror movie worthy things happening to my kids, lots of razors to eye balls stuff, inappropriate things, etc. So that's where I am not sure if I got lucky or not hahaha

You two are, like, exactly me. I'm super worried about controlling my own life but don't care at all about others. the one thing is my mom's whistling and always being condescending towards me, I HATE HATE HATE that.

I'd say falsely accused of something with perfect reasoning to go along with what I did. I mean sure, it'd be bad if I burned the house down and said "Sorry, I lit a match unconciously and did not know what I was doing." But it is when the thing I am accused of is LOGICAL that makes me mad. After all, when the Black Cat does something, she always has a reason! Don't tell me off for something that can be logically explained in every way!

PS: Homework deserves to die :(

Talk forever without getting the point. I just want bullet points, I don't need 20 minutes of filler.

Im not talking about anyone in here, i just mean in general with people. I am bad at meaningless chit chat.

I do the clock thing even though I know the clock is 6 minutes fast. I have no clue why I haven't changed it back. Maybe because I 1) am too lazy or 2) it makes me feel like I am ahead of schedule which makes me proud of myself.

Anyway, when people ask, "What's wrong with you?" When you do something they don't understand or people used to ask WHY I don't drink. Why is it your business? Maybe because being out of control gives me anxiety attacks? Is that the answer you want and now we both feel awkward.
I think dumb stuff like manipulating the clock irritates me is irrational and also, because when I do something others believe is dumb, they always tell me exactly how stupid I am being.

When you tell someone that they hurt your feelings, but they won't own up to it and apologize. No one is too good for an apology and I'm not going to wait around forever to get one. That's probably why I don't have that many so-called "friends". You have to know when to cut your losses.

Not cover their mouth when they cough/sneeze.
Not wash their hands after going to the toilet.
Pick their nose then touch doornobs, etc.
Really upsets me.

I work in a cafe most annoying two things people do, giving me $20+ in coins & having to count it out for 5 minutes! And jingling around all there coins before announcing they do not have 20c. Yes but you have two 10's give me that!!!

NTs are annoying, they often confuse you (if they know about your condition) and then us aspies are back to square 1. I see it as torture as society labels us as "special individuals" not necessarily a bad thing. But when in a social situation it may cause confusion when in a discussion about it.

It could often mean it could spark us off if they said it in the "wrong" tone. That then causes us to spiral into a meltdown because we feel threatened.

I often get called names, because I either give out too much information to a person, then our natural defenses are blown, causing us to feel degraded and it'd cause a meltdown. I often feel really anxious afterwards, then I'd try to calm myself down by distracting myself by listening to some music that I enjoy listening to.

This though, is what I am trying to learn to cope with. I don't know if any other aspies can relate to me.

I work in a cafe most annoying two things people do, giving me $20+ in coins & having to count it out for 5 minutes! And jingling around all there coins before announcing they do not have 20c. Yes but you have two 10's give me that!!!

I am ok with counting change as long as the person realizes that it is going to take a verrry looong time and they're okay with that.

New Threads

Top Bottom