• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things that people do that really annoy you

A common occurrence at work:

We send an error notice to another company. They come back four or five months later asking us to rush the request. Why should we when you obviously didn't?

When people haphazardly make arrangements where they don't give a specific time of day or say "the afternoon". Thanks to somebody doing that today, I have now been waiting for 3 and a half hours for them to show up just so I can show them how to put strings on their guitar - that's 3 and a half hours I could've spent actually doing something, but I don't want to start working on anything and then have them show up when I'm in the middle of something. This REALLY annoys me. It seems like people think they are entitled to waste my time like that because, you know, "what could an unemployed musician possibly be busy doing?".

Internet vendors who don't notice the difference between the number 5530 and 4500 shown prominently on a box and send me the wrong freakin product.

Internet vendors who don't notice the difference between the number 5530 and 4500 shown prominently on a box and send me the wrong freakin product.

As someone who worked in a warehouse once I can say that these things happen quite a lot. Especially if you're staring at numbers for a few hours already.

The way they actually tackled this issue where I worked was to implement multiple quality controls before it got checked out. But considering it's an internet vendor they might be such to cut costs and the more people to hire to decrease the margin of mistakes, the more the expenses rise again.

What annoys me is when you're having a debate with someone about something, and halfway through the argument, they've realised that they're wrong (you can often see it in their faces), but continue to insist that they are right; even if you've already proven you are right, using facts, logical reasoning, and occasionally proof, or witnesses.

Just as annoying, is when you bring it up again at a later date (because new facts have shown up, or changes have occurred since then, or whatever), and they simply deny they were ever against your idea in the first place. They retort, claiming to have never said things, which you know they did, and then accuse you of lying instead, and make you appear to be the crazy one. They simply re-write the past, and expect everyone around them to accept it.

As someone who worked in a warehouse once I can say that these things happen quite a lot. Especially if you're staring at numbers for a few hours already.

The way they actually tackled this issue where I worked was to implement multiple quality controls before it got checked out. But considering it's an internet vendor they might be such to cut costs and the more people to hire to decrease the margin of mistakes, the more the expenses rise again.

I get that, however in this instance the numbers were an inch high on four sides of the box. Yeah, I worked once for an electrical parts supplier in their warehouse as well. Not fun work.

In no particular order:

1) Not saying "please" and "thank you" (politeness)
2) Not holding doors open and just letting it close in your face
3) Not using turn signals
4) Making plans and canceling at the last minute
5) Lying
6) Acting like my friend just to get something out of me
7) Fakeness
8) Acting smarter or more superior
9) Thinking rules apply to everyone else but them
10) Showing up late
11) Talking or texting during any social event (GROCERY STORE LINE)
12) People who cut in line
13) People who hold self pity parties 24/7
14) People who claim they are such good Christian churchgoers then they end up treating other people like crap
15) Weather forecasters that say several inches of snow is coming then we get a "dusting" (or vice versa). They forecasted weather better back in the Stone Age!
16) People who don't respect Day Sleepers
17) People who try to show off about anything (like I'm interested)
18) Narcissists
19) Bikers riding on main streets DURING RUSHHOUR!
20) Interupting when I'm not done talking
21) People I know calling and not leaving a msg like I'm avail 24 hrs a day

(I reserve the right to add to this list later.)
:)

Number 16!!!!!!! People work shifts in many very necessary jobs. They are unsung heroes who deserve respect if they are asleep, but not between the hours of 10PM and 8 AM!!!!!! AND, after we retire we can't always flip our sleeping patterns back to "normal." Oh, just noticed the
nurseangela signature. Right on, Sister! ;)

When im standing in KFC alone and I order 2 big buckets. And then they ask me "Eat in or take away"

You'd be surprised about the amount of people who eat this on their own, lol

Or at least a similar amount of food in one go.

I hate when people I don't know talk to me, like at a store or on a line. I don't know you and don't want to, leave me alone.

Touchy people bother me too!
Yes, I really hate it when strangers strike up a convo when I am shopping. I am already stressed from navigating aisles where people are very unpredictable as to where they will walk or stop walking, as well as actually looking for the products I wish to purchase. To expect me to go into social mode while doing shopping is a bit much to ask! And worse, I hate it when people brush into me while waiting in the checking out line.

Anyone who isn't totally prepared to pay as quickly as possible and then exit the line before farting around putting their change away. Before I enter a lane I move aside and take out my store "bonus" car, any coupons I might have, and my credit card. I hold them firmly in left hand, unload my cart as quickly as possible using my left hand to assist as much as possible, try to turn the bar code toward the cashier without slowing down his or her progress, don't talk to anyone and pay attention to the cashier who may have a question like can two particular items go in the same bag. If I pay with cash I use a bill large enough to cover the entire bill. When the cashier is done I hand over the money (Which I pay attention to as the cashier counts it out) or card and take back whatever I am handed and MOVE IMMEDIATELY OUT OF THE LINE. Only then do I put away any cards, bills, coins and receipts. I have held up the line as little as possible and I hope the people behind me appreciate that. I realize some very old folks may not be able to go through all these steps quickly and for that reason I fervently request that they do not use trembling fingers to pick out the exact change. When I accumulate a bunch of change I gather an assortment of coins and use that to buy something like an ice cream cone to spend down the coins. I am not exaggerating anything I have written--I really do hate to be held up in a line and try to move through it in the most expeditious way. It breaks my heart when someone with a neurological condition has terrible shakes and can't possible do anything quickly. I once watched a woman take a full minute to pick up a stylus and sign her name. I can't get angry at her for that and pray I never deteriorate to that point. However, I think that people who are physically fit owe it to each other not to waste someone else's time. We don't have the luxury of knowing that they don't a valid need to hurry.
I also hate it when the cashier chats with the customer ahead of me, which subsequently slows down both the customer and the cashier, meaning I am expected to have time to waste listening to an inane conversation that I don't want to listen to!

People who insist on repeatedly trying to invite you to go somewhere & participate in something that you"d rather practice self-immolation than go do.

They begin listing all the reasons WHY you should go & how much fun you'll have. The reasons they give merely reinforce the reasons why you do not want to go.

Then, they begin trying to pressure you into going because you are (supposedly, being anticipated by Cousin Mathilda (WHO THE EFF IS THAT?!?) & everyone will be sooo disappointed if you do nor come.

*Must be some creaker of an event if the highlight is the appearance of a reluctant, asocial Aspie who would rather be anywhere else but there at that time!

I had an ex-friend who even though I had explained about being on the Spectrum, and about my sensitivities to noise and crowds, insisted on inviting me to a noisy church Christmas event where there were bound to be about five hundred people, loud music and bright lights. When I explained that it would exhaust and overwhelm me, she said that I could go sit in an empty room if it got to be too much. Out of patience finally, I replied that if I had to seek an empty room because I found the event overwhelming, why go at all? I could sit in my own room in my own house and be perfectly happy. She was NOT pleased, which is why we are no longer friends, alas!

Why is it, that those who know me and say they understand my condition, are the only ones that are surprised when I fail to read a situation.

I had an ex-friend who even though I had explained about being on the Spectrum, and about my sensitivities to noise and crowds, insisted on inviting me to a noisy church Christmas event where there were bound to be about five hundred people, loud music and bright lights. When I explained that it would exhaust and overwhelm me, she said that I could go sit in an empty room if it got to be too much. Out of patience finally, I replied that if I had to seek an empty room because I found the event overwhelming, why go at all? I could sit in my own room in my own house and be perfectly happy. She was NOT pleased, which is why we are no longer friends, alas!

This is an excellent example of someone who is so arrogant that he/she feels compelled to "fix" Aspies. I like the use of the word "ex-friend" and propose the we start using the abbreviation "XF." It's quicker to write and I'll bet most Aspies have an XF or two.

People that beat about the busy, they're too scared to say something for fear of offending that person.

Just say it for god sake, it's worse that you keep "hinting" at something rather than come out with it.

Close mindedness, people that assume something is going to be rubbish because they don't know or understand it.

People that beat about the busy, they're too scared to say something for fear of offending that person.

Just say it for god sake, it's worse that you keep "hinting" at something rather than come out with it.

Close mindedness, people that assume something is going to be rubbish because they don't know or understand it.

Um--If I don't beat around the bush I get shot down by admin. for fostering a "them vs. us" mindset. However, apples and oranges--the apples will always be "them" to the "us" oranges until education changes their prejudices. As long as neurotypicals don't or won't learn about AS we will be considered annoying and weird. I keep hoping for some beloved public figure to champion Asperger Syndrome and enlighten others to the fact that autism describes a huge spectrum. I continue to fervently wish that AS were still a separate diagnosis. I wish to go on record that I consider critical neurotypicals as uninformed, and not the enemy. TV shows that depict AS characters are little more than amusement. We need public awareness of real facts about all of us on the spectrum!

When people act friendly to me at school then ignore my texts or fb messages. It's so fake and frustrating. The vibe I get from people at my school is "you're an okay guy, but I have no intentions of inviting you over for dinner or anything like that". It makes so mad! X(

When people with websites that have the resources you're looking for don't update the webpage or site with dead links :( I was looking for tutorials on 8085 assembly and came across a few 404's ...

New Threads

Top Bottom