• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What scares you?

Garrett

Id say real life, and how others perceive me, is the most terrifying thing I can think of. On the other hand, Im the guy who couldn't watch The Fly again until I was 24. I think it takes a fictional bump in the night to distract me enough to sleep...

When I was younger I had a fear of strangers who I've never met (unless if that certain person is associated with a friend or family member idk). I also hated clowns, and injections for medical purposes(still kinda do actually). Also the fear of rejection too

I have died twice. had my funeral planned, the box selected, and broke my brain...there is not much I am afraid of now :D

I have died twice. had my funeral planned, the box selected, and broke my brain...there is not much I am afraid of now :D
That's taking "Life's what happens when you're busy making other plans" very literal. :)

Snakes, especially Cobras! And cold showers! I'm terrified of cold showers, hence I never took a shower after PE at school.

Lobsters.

I must have seen Alien and Aliens when I was very young. I remember the facehuggers being scary, but knew they were fiction.

However my father must have thought it funny and tied dental floss to a lobster once, and chased me around the house with it.

I know they can't move fast or jump on land...but scarred for life...

What scares me? That something bad will happen to someone that I love.

Sharks! I saw Jaws when I was about 6, and it put me off going anywhere near a Beach for ages for fear of Shark attacks.

I used to be scared of Siamese cats! That Disney film Lady and the Tramp has a lot to answer for! :D

People. I am terrified of people. After thinking about how I live I noticed that all my decisions were based on whether or not I would have to be around people. I don't hate them and I don't think they will do me physical harm it's just that growing up I was always in trouble with the other kids or adults because I seem to be doing something that upset them and I could not have known less what it was. Also, I don't know what they mean. They do things that seem opposite to what they say.

My biggest fears at home, the single scariest thing to me is the sound of some one at my front door - the doorbell. My home is the only place I am safe. I live in a building so it's either a building employee, a neighbor or a delivery person. When I hear that bell I want to disappear or die because I .. when I see that person I might not understand anything they are telling me or I might upset them and not know why. I am sorry to everyone I have bothered but I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

My second biggest fear at home is my telephone ringing. I don't know who it is and what they will want and I have only a second or two to prepare.

On other fears, when I was young I was afraid of snakes but I made myself work with them at a pet store until I was okay. I was afraid of sharks too, from the movie Jaws. I spent a lot of time in the ocean trying to get over that fear. I don't think I am very afraid of sharks anymore. I was very afraid of heights but I worked on that by climbing up to the top of a building I was living in and spending time on the roof. I did that until I could handle heights though I never liked them.

Oh, last thing. I was very frightened of going into an MRI machine. The first time I panicked and couldn't do it. But a month ago I managed just fine. The operator helped. Also they gave me Atavan, a blindfold and some earplugs. Also the machine had these small fans that blew cold air on you. The air helped the most. Until it was over I kept my eyes closed and pretended I was still outside the machine waiting to go in.

More than anything I wish I wasn't afraid of people but it doesn't seem that is going to change. Going to stores is awful but I have to do it.

I was afraid of birds until I got chickens and duck's. I hate flying it's a white knuckle moment from beginning until end. I'm scared of the dark when I'm home alone, I've never been able to stay on my own for more than a few days. I had my own apartment for a few weeks before I gave up, but the end I looked and thought like golem.

The only thing that really frightens me anymore is a serious lack of financial resources. I'm cool with just about everything else. I eventually got over all my childhood fears (and there were a lot of them), but seeing my bank balance drop below a certain dollar amount will send me into a panic like nothing else. Nothing is scarier than real life when you are broke.

Panic attacks really frighten me i suffer from panic disorder and people younger people aggressive
this is really bad today last night they threw stones at the house and shouted an abusive name

God there are a few things but being homeless is a big one since when I was younger my family was evicted from numerous homes and we ended up living on top of a pub,I also had a brief time with being homeless when in my early twenties and this happened when I had some other traumatic experiences happened at the same time I had no home and I was so scared what would happened next,things are ok now but I have this fear of being homeless again even though unlike before I have more control over the rent being paid (my parents would either drink it or gamble it away),but the fear of having no safety and security is very frightening.

• Death
  • A tornado/some other disaster leaving me and my family homeless.
  • Anything that talks about the world ending.
  • The idea of the world ending.
  • Teen Titans Go!
  • The VHS opening of Pokemon 2000
  • The woods around my house at night.
  • The Rake
  • Slenderman
  • Being stalked/haunted for the rest of my life by a demon
  • Extreme pain
  • Being taken away from my mom
  • Committing a murder
  • Getting arrested/going to jail
  • The Deep Web

Hmm. I don't experience the emotion of fear very often, but I would say having someone I care about betray me is a pretty terrifying prospect. It's happened so many times that I can't even bear thinking about it again. I don't have a lot to lose in terms of social capital, but it's still a possibility. This is part of why I sometimes think making new friends is more trouble than it's worth.

New Threads

Top Bottom