• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What paranormal experiences have you had?

Bella Pines

V.I.P Member
I noticed from a previous thread that at least half of this audience believe in the paranormal.

What types of monsters/paranormal stuff do you believe in?

The definition of paranormal is "of or relating to the claimed occurrence of an event or perception without scientific explanation". So perhaps metaphysical or "not of this physical world" would be a better explanation.

My last experience was several years back and quite creepy. My youngest son woke up screaming on bonfire night, the fireworks were particularly loud. I asked him if it was "the bangs" that scared him and he said yes. Weeks passed and every time he screamed and we asked what was wrong, he said "the bangs". It did not occur to me that there were no longer any fireworks.

Months passed, I was busy at work and didn't put any further thought into it. But one night he was in my bedroom and was staring at me, terrified and on the verge of tears. "What's wrong?" I asked. He pointed just above my head and said in a small voice, "the bangs".

I froze and felt the hairs on my neck stand on end. I then asked him calmly "could you describe the bangs for mummy please?". He said that they were white and floating and had eyes. I then asked him what exactly they were doing.

He said slowly "they're looking at you mummy".

AND so I quickly took him back to his own room and read a bedtime story. Once he was settled I returned to my room like when you check for insects, but saw nothing. I spoke to the empty room and said 'if you are real then you are not welcome in my bedroom, please leave now'. I then felt like a bit of an idiot for talking to myself in an empty room.

It took a few days for me to come to terms with it, but I have a strong sense of self and an even stronger urge to protect my child. I told him simply that the bangs were just reflections from the bedside light. That they were not real and whatever happens, he was not to talk to them or pay them any attention. I told him that strangers may come in many forms but the rules still apply.

Two months later I asked him if he still saw the bangs and he said no. He said they were all gone. To this day, years later, he has never seen anything more that could be described as unusual.

What do I believe they were? Well they were either
  1. In his head
  2. Ghosts
  3. Energy Balls
  4. Other
Ultimately, do I care what they were? Actually no, not really. He is safe, he did not perform any inappropriate actions and the incident is long over.

The End.

I do however wonder if aspie/autistic people have more open a mind to occurrences outside the realm of what we can see and touch. But then also more active imaginations.

So, have you seen anything unusual? Did you conclude if it was in or out of your head?

Last edited:
Interesting story.

I have had my share of odd experiences none of which I believe were real. When I am half awake half asleep and not rational I am particularly susceptible to temporarily thinking of a presence or something. When my sleep paralysis lasts too long I start hallucinating. during one of these hallucinations there was a group of demons around my bed in a circle and they were reciting something in a very odd and powerful language that I do not speak. The words were so clear though. Surprised me very much. I generally panic during sleep paralysis if it lasts too long but this time I felt safe.

no.its all children their minds are not full of crap
I noticed from a previous thread that at least half of this audience believe in the paranormal.

The definition of paranormal is "of or relating to the claimed occurrence of an event or perception without scientific explanation". So perhaps metaphysical or "not of this physical world" would be a better explanation.

My last experience was several years back and quite creepy. My youngest son woke up screaming on bonfire night, the fireworks were particularly loud. I asked him if it was "the bangs" that scared him and he said yes. Weeks passed and every time he screamed and we asked what was wrong, he said "the bangs". It did not occur to me that there were no longer any fireworks.

Months passed, I was busy at work and didn't put any further thought into it. But one night he was in my bedroom and was staring at me, terrified and on the verge of tears. "What's wrong?" I asked. He pointed just above my head and said in a small voice, "the bangs".

I froze and felt the hairs on my neck stand on end. I then asked him calmly "could you describe the bangs for mummy please?". He said that they were white and floating and had eyes. I then asked him what exactly they were doing.

AND so I quickly took him back to his own room and read a bedtime story. Once he was settled I returned to my room like when you check for insects, but saw nothing. I spoke to the empty room and said 'if you are real then you are not welcome in my bedroom, please leave now'. I then felt like a bit of an idiot for talking to myself in an empty room.

It took a few days for me to come to terms with it, but I have a strong sense of self and an even stronger urge to protect my child. I told him simply that the bangs were just reflections from the bedside light. That they were not real and whatever happens, he was not to talk to them or pay them any attention. I told him that strangers may come in many forms but the rules still apply.

Two months later I asked him if he still saw the bangs and he said no. He said they were all gone. To this day, years later, he has never seen anything more that could be described as unusual.

1. In his head
  2. Ghosts
  3. Energy Balls
  4. Other
Ultimately, do I care what they were? Actually no, not really. He is safe, he did not perform any inappropriate actions and the incident is long over.

The End.

I do however wonder if aspie/autistic people have more open a mind to occurrences outside the realm of what we can see and touch. But then also more active imaginations.

So, have you seen anything unusual? Did you conclude if it was in or out of your head?

after my dog died and gone out walking i was walking back up the hill and i had the feeling she was walking at my side it made me feel calm happy but lonely it happened again but not as intensely

1. In his head
  2. Ghosts
  3. Energy Balls
  4. Other

The End.

did

1. In his head
  2. Ghosts
  3. Energy Balls
  4. Other

The End.

did your son say they made him feel bad they communicated bad intentions as spirits arent necessarily bad as they have intelligence they want to communicate and at night we arent concentrating on all the crap of the daylight hours so we are listening

I have wondered too, if we are more open to the metaphysical realms than NTs. I have had so many experiences that I consider it a part of life. I decided to get a degree in metaphysics when I was 33 because I was so interested.
My first experience was with something that sound a lot like you son's. The energy balls or as they are called in metaphysical terms Orbs. I was six, living at my Grandmother's when I saw two red orbs come through a solid wood door into the hallway. I was not frightened and followed them through the house out to the well on the back porch where they just vanished. I've seen several in my life. One stayed in a bedroom of a lady I knew and she knew of my training and ask me to investigate. I could also physically see it as she did. I watched it as it jumped from one candle to the next and next as one night she had a number of lit candles. I got a regular photo of it and an infra red heat photo which shows it as a higher energy than the white wall around it. I have a lot of photos of them from different places.
I've also lived in a house with what you would call a ghost. That can be another story.
Here is the heat photo of the one I spoke of. With everything I've seen and experienced this could be a very interesting thread.
The Orb is the yellow heat in the center. Same core temp as a human would show up as. The multi coloured is the cooler white wall behind it.
!cid_X_MA1_1181615970@aol.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom