• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the symbol for neurotypicality?

I like these for NTs.

Gear1.jpg

Gear2.jpg

You must not have met many NTs. They definitely care how I think and act. You should see how they stare even when I don't actually do anything. It took me years just to get them to stop touching me all the time.

Maybe they would stare because they were mesmerised by your beauty, and had to touch you to see if someone so incredibly gorgeous could actually be real. :)

Actually, I sometimes get people staring at me as well. I don't know why. It's often creepy, always mystifying, and it makes me wonder if there is something out of the ordinary that I am doing that is drawing their attention. I don't think there is, I don't "stim". Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter that much. Let them stare, and if they are envious of my looks, then maybe I should strut my stuff with the attitude of, "Look at me, look at me! Yes, I'm the most important person here at this mall, and don't you forget it!"

I sometimes get people staring at me as well. I don't know why. It's often creepy, always mystifying, and it makes me wonder if there is something out of the ordinary that I am doing that is drawing their attention.

Maybe the symbol should an eye, or a face with a slightly deranged expression for those preparing/feeling entitled to touch. Not sure how to fit it in with the rest.

Maybe the symbol should an eye, or a face with a slightly deranged expression for those preparing/feeling entitled to touch. Not sure how to fit it in with the rest.

Nah, I think the symbol for aspie should be the eye, because we observe and study, while NTs just.. Do without thinking. Or at least that's my experience. :tearsofjoy:

I love this one, the tiny shine/missing part of the iris could symbolize what we "lack";
160_F_76702441_ZqwNxJ9Bhvqiw0crR1uFA0wks33PARmZ.jpg

NTs resent the constant disparagement of themselves by some in the autistic community. It's like biting the hand that feeds you.

We didn't create that situation. 'Autism', 'autistic' is used as casual insults. Speaking for myself, NTs didn't feed me, they viewed me as the food. In comparison to that, just having a laugh and poking fun is nothing.

Last edited:
Can you explain this a little Alcyon? What is the meaning behind the circles and what does the star shaped diagram signify? Are those nodes?
Mia beating the horse into glue, lol. this is actually something the space program sent up in the hopes it would explain to aliens what's going on down here on earth. it is a cosmic hello.

I feel a bit mean saying that though.

Don't worry about it.

It's not like society is built with NTs in mind...

Actually it is.

...it's built for and by the small percentage that have the power to dictate the environment that the rest of us inhabit.

...and the "small percentage" are made up of... ? That's right, you guessed it - N.T.'s

I think it's harder on us than the "enslaved" NTs, but it's still hard on them.

Well, if that's the case then they should work to change the system. Are they even willing to consider this? No, because most of them don't even recognise there is a problem to begin with.

The internet has been changing all that of course, and individuals have power now.

Debatable.

New Threads

Top Bottom