• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is beauty to you?

Mia

V.I.P Member
There are things in our world that I find beautiful, that fill me with a sense of wonder, awe, and happiness. They could be anything from a flower to an animal to a landscape to an idea, to a person.

I'll post what I find beautiful and hope that others will too.

whole+world+in+his+hands.jpg

To me, nothing in the universe beats a woman as far as beauty goes. In fact I think that beauty only pertains to women. Other things can be amazing, scenic, evocative, etc, but not beautiful. Just my opinion.

This weeks example: The new orbit commercial girl!

orbit-the-bus-large-5.jpg

It's OK for women to be drop dead gorgeous, ie outer beauty, but they have to have a beautiful personality as well, inner beauty.

Think beauty pertains to many things; that men can be beautiful as well, it's not simply the province of women. For men it's called handsome instead of beautiful:

upload_2016-5-20_10-24-13.jpeg
upload_2016-5-20_10-25-10.jpeg
images

In English men are called handsome instead but in many languages the word, or at least the root word, for men and women being 'beautiful' are the same. :)

As for myself, when it comes to the opposite gender, I find imperfection and assymetry really attractive; which is odd as I can't stand imperfection or assymetry in my clothes, furnishings, how I arrange my cupboards etc. But yep men with broken noses, slightly wonky features, heterochromatic eyes (especially if the heterochromatic effect is different in each eye), where their eye pupils are out of alignment....miaow.

Beauty in nature, I really love flowers, especially wild flowers, not so hot on carefully cultivated ones in gardens.

I also love beautiful architecture, and to me that includes some housing estates (projects) from the last century, old warehouses and other houses people would deem to be industrial and ugly.

New Threads

Top Bottom