• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Christmas crafting do you enjoy?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
Do you make decorations?
I made decorations this year.
Cards?
There is so many things you can do.
I was thinking of making a Christmas canvas.

If I'm ever able to get any wrapping paper.
I like scrapbooks etc too.
Something I do like i like all kinds of crafts.
There are so things I am not as good st like polymer clay, i am not the best at everything I admit though some things take practice.

Making ornaments and shelf villages out of glue, cardboard, paint, and glitter.

It's something my sibs and I used to do with our mother. Now that she's gone and the rest of us have scattered, it's one of the few connections I still have with the past.

I like to make cards, there's a site I use where you can design your own cards and then they print those cards and send them to you. It's very professional, good quality paper and envelopes and everything. And they have cards for all occasions. It's called Optimalprint, if anyone needs cards.

Last edited:
Baking cookies is pretty cool. Used to try lots of Austrian recipes for no other reason than I'd found some and they were extremely interesting and, turns out, they were pretty good too.

One thing I always wondered about was popcorn strings. It's literally popcorn and thread, why did it go away? People didn't have time to make it in the evening I suppose, or kids weren't trusted with a sewing needle? Relatively recent as Christmas customs go, really first recorded in 1842, so maybe popcorn garlands haven't quite had their day yet.

I didn't put a Christmas tree up this year as it's a messy month for me but I shall do that as soon as I can next year. This is my first year in my new home so I am still settling in. Part of why I didn't was because of the great expense of the usual artificial tree, the decorations (now not made to the good quality I remember), and that sort of thing. But I think I should bring a little more festive decoration around next year.

Baking cookies is pretty cool. Used to try lots of Austrian recipes for no other reason than I'd found some and they were extremely interesting and, turns out, they were pretty good too.

One thing I always wondered about was popcorn strings. It's literally popcorn and thread, why did it go away? People didn't have time to make it in the evening I suppose, or kids weren't trusted with a sewing needle? Relatively recent as Christmas customs go, really first recorded in 1842, so maybe popcorn garlands haven't quite had their day yet.

Cranberry garlands are pretty, too. Both the (unsalted) popcorn and cranberry garlands can be placed outside where birds can eat them.

Crafting is great, l turn on the charm. I help people when l can. To usher in the new year.

In another lifetime ago we all used to make soft plastic Christmas Tree decorations from scratch for an exclusive purpose. To hang on the very bottom of the tree, so our cat could bat them without breaking them. Much better than swatting at glass bulbs and lights...lol.

446.jpg

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom