• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Weather blues

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Where I live we've been mired in a three week long September cold snap, cold, some rainy days, even some early snowfall...

It's really getting to me, outdoor events that I've anticipated, that I look forward to have been severely effected... Two night markets on two weekends in a row ruined... Classic car shows and cruise nights ruined... I could go on, and I do realize that everyone around here is dealing with it, not just me... I think I get mild depression, that when things seem to go wrong I feel blue

Talking to a friend awhile back, I think it may stem from the fact that I focus so much on the event itself that when "stuff" happens it upsets me, perhaps I had too much expectation that things would go perfect... Also, talking to that same friend, she brought up how on rainy days or rainy nights, or winter storm days... Just spending time with friends and/or family is how many people cope, and that is foreign concept to me because I don't have tons of friends to hang out with... If I'm at home it's just me on those days, I will sometimes go out anyway, even in crappy weather as I tend to sometimes get cabin fever if I stay in for too long...

I'm getting the blues from the opposite type of weather.
It has been a record setting heat and thunderstorm summer here in Florida.
Very hard to plan anything outdoors.
It's just too hot when the sun is shining and never know when a storm is going to pop up.
I love gardening and the heat has interfered with that this year. Spending time inside doing
chores isn't much fun.

I like bad weather because it gives me an excuse to stay home. I can see though why it would be disappointing to have to cancel something you are looking forward to.
Maybe have a plan B sketched out beforehand with some other friends that are planning to attend. Like if the car show is cancelled, we will all meet at Sports Bar at 2pm. That way at least you have something to do, not what you originally wanted, but at least something.
Instead of a bar it could be a restaurant or someone’s house.

I like bad weather because it gives me an excuse to stay home. I can see though why it would be disappointing to have to cancel something you are looking forward to.
Maybe have a plan B sketched out beforehand with some other friends that are planning to attend. Like if the car show is cancelled, we will all meet at Sports Bar at 2pm. That way at least you have something to do, not what you originally wanted, but at least something.
Instead of a bar it could be a restaurant or someone’s house.

That's just it, I often go to these events on my own, actually most times, as strange as that sounds, partially due to my photography... Sometimes I'll even go to the event the poor weather just to see what I can photograph, but in the back of my mind I know that (for example) the car show that had 400 cars usually has well over 1000 cars on a good weather day

I'm so "event" focused, and will get so upset about that... Most other people are "relational", and will just shrug their shoulders when weather wrecks things like it's no big deal, when I'm upset about it... Yes, I do know that can't control weather that it just happens, and that I just have to deal with it...

And I do know that ultimately relational is better, but I struggle with that

Last edited:
Well if the purpose is to photograph the event then weather would really mess things up. Maybe, or create some interesting images? Lol I was just imagining a spontaneous mud wrestling thing...

Well if the purpose is to photograph the event then weather would really mess things up. Maybe, or create some interesting images? Lol I was just imagining a spontaneous mud wrestling thing...

A bit of both... Just that this past week was the last sighting of classic cars until spring... More why it's at least a little frustrating... But oh well

In August this summer I kind sort of maybe intentionally drove out of town to a car show that was rain soaked... Made for some interesting photography

A timely post. My condolences. I was supposed to go to the largest arts and crafts fair here in Nevada. But I think the weather nixed that idea. Looks like we'll be having winds to 25mph and gusts to 40 mph.

Can you imagine what that would do to arts and crafts displays? I want to be blown away by great art. Not mother nature. :rolleyes:

Bad weather here for the past few days. Rainy, damp, dark, cold. I don't like this kind of weather as it affects my mood.

Bad weather here for the past few days. Rainy, damp, dark, cold. I don't like this kind of weather as it affects my mood.

That kind of weather affects my mood... Chilly today in Alberta... Probably about 3 celcius... At least no rain but cold... Wandering around taking photos... Bundled up...

New Threads

Top Bottom