• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Virtual worlds!

Caelix3

Anyone else go on virtual worlds? I absolutely love them. I go on IMVU and Second Life. Mostly IMVU though. I feel like it would be fun to meet people from this forum on a virtual world. IMVU is more simple to use. While Second Life is a little more complicated.

Anyone else go on virtual worlds? I absolutely love them. I go on IMVU and Second Life. Mostly IMVU though. I feel like it would be fun to meet people from this forum on a virtual world. IMVU is more simple to use. While Second Life is a little more complicated.

I tried Second Life before - both at home and even as part of my college work - but wasn't overly fond of it. At home, I quickly got bored of it (all I ever really did was fly around in it) and at college it didn't work properly as the computers weren't good enough.

Last edited:
I tried Second Life before - both at home and even as part of my college work - but wasn't overly fond of it. At home, I quickly got bored of it and at college it didn't work properly as the computers weren't good enough.
Have you tried IMVU?

Gave second life a go a few years ago but laggy connections, empty worlds and appalling graphics meant it wasn't for me. IMVU seems to be getting some heavy criticism from users. Personally I like Open World Games such as red dead redemption and GTAV and am counting down the days to Red Dead Redemption 2 next tear.

I DO know that facebook bought the technology behind Second Life a few years ago for an absolute fortune, and I strongly suspect they will launch a virtual reality world in the next year... that would be scary because I know people now who only live a meaningful life, to them, online.

New Threads

Top Bottom