• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Undiagnosed Aspie

deaf

Hi everyone,

I'm 26 and have a strong suspicion I may have aspergers which would be of great relief simply because it would explain so much.

Currently living in Australia so a little bit difficult to get it checked out.

Reasons for, I'm extremely argumentative. Since childhood I have been argumentative, with my mum, with family, with my best friend and with my girlfriend.

I can also be extrememly pedantic to add to being argumentative. I was with my girlfriend on the beach and two things happened, the first was she saw water pouring from the ground and made a joke about it being a spring, my initial reaction was simply that it's a burst water main and missed the joke. Another time on the beach a sign said no carrying spears, she joked that I should be careful with mine (sarcasm because I don't own a spear), straight away I corrected her that it's actually quite common for people to go spear fishing in Australia.

Something that really resonated with me was that sometimes people with Aspergers can listen to someone else's argument or conversation, listen to the first few words and then form a response off of that in the hope I can talk again as I've completely lost interest in what they're saying.

Just a few things I instantly related to through reading about aspergers.

Last edited:
11d38f9815f00ad130375f30cbfb4d45.png
:)

Hey, I'm in Oz too and have just started looking around for what we have here via support and information. I found a couple of local psychs who claim to have experience with AS children and suggest they can assist adults. Have not taken it further yet. Not sure I really need to. The online forums and reading materials seem to satiate me for now. Reading about AS seems to explain my thoughts and interactions with people. I feel that I am high-functioning and can use my intellect to get a handle on what I do and why I do it and ultimately put in place some systems to alleviate the anxiety on certain issues, whilst acknowledging the areas of potential difficulties when interacting with people and remember to pause and think before making a decision, keeping in mind the 'Asperger Coefficient'.

New Threads

Top Bottom