• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time to come out of the shadows I think.

yarnmama

They/them
Hi, I've been lurking for a while, getting a feel for the place but I think it's about time I introduced myself. [emoji5]

I'm 38, I was officially diagnosed with aspergers back in March, I have 4 children of whom; 1 has diagnosed aspergers, another has dcd and is waiting to be assessed for an asd and we have been advised to have the other 2 assessed. We also suspect my o.h is on the spectrum.

I am studying history and sociology at university, just going into my second year. I'm also interested in witchcraft, fantasy, gardening, herbalism, foraging, fibre arts, patterns and connections, linguistics and natural parenting.

I'm still getting to grips with everything, still experiencing moments of grief and anger at what might have been, but on the whole this has been a pretty positive experience so far. I feel like a lot of things make sense in a way they never really did before.

Anyway, I seem to have got a little carried away. Hello, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better.

Welcome aboard :)
full

New Threads

Top Bottom