• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time Management.

Emor

Does anyone here have problems with time management?
I usually find it hard to keep my self away from the computer, or go to sleep early enough. I also leave homework and coursework until the last minute >_<. Even on the day before it's in, I still procrastinate and only really start at like 11 PM, and end up going to be at like 4 AM ;/.
I have basically no routine, despite apparently people with AS needing one. I like to know what I'm going to be doing though.
EMZ=]

I used to be pretty good at managing my day (mainly when I was writing), but now it's hopeless. I have the same problem with the computer and bed. Hehe, and in school it got to the point where I just did homework in detention; much easier to stay on at school the extra half hour than do it at home ;) Lack of routine can end up leading to depression, though; poor sleep patterns, not eating at regular intervals, it all sucks. Funny, that's the one good thing about religion, it imposes order on your life lol. Fortunately though, I'm a messy atheist :D

Besides, time is relevant, so managing it is kind of pointless. I know what I mean :whistle:

I'm finding it hard to stay away from the computer recently. I've spent the whole day on the forums. I haven't even switched on the TV or the PS3 which is unlike me. I don't really have a set routine anymore because I just end up doing the same predictable crap every day (get up, eat, drink, computer, sleep). There's no real variation. I have managed to somewhat sort out my bad sleeping pattern. At least i'm no longer sleeping during the day and getting up at night.   :D

I'm usually crap at it. I'm more or less exactly as you described yourself. Or I used to be. (Emor) :p

I'm always loosing track of time. I really should plan EVERYTHING. Like if there's a lot for me to do I'll have it all in my head but I'll get stuck on something else and by the time I'm ready to move on to the next task it is bedtime.

I am totally crap at managing my time, always manage to be late for everything. Or forget completely really important stuff I have to do or places I need to be. At work, as a coping strategy, I try to get on top of things early and get them to 90% very quickly... but that last 10% is the killer.

I need structure. Being unemployed is the worst thing for me, it seems like I have less time to get stuff done than when I am working 50 hours a week.

My time management is awful. I am late for college every day and last week, I got my days mixed up and missed my A2 General Studies exam. As for staying up late, it's 1:33am now and I've got college tomorrow, but I'm still on Aspergic!

As for staying up late, it's 1:33am now and I've got college tomorrow, but I'm still on Aspergic!
I know that felling.   :lol:

I think my sleeping pattern is going downhill again as I stayed up to 4 in the morning last night and only woke up about 4 in the afternoon today.

New Threads

Top Bottom