• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time-lapse Photography

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
I find time-lapse photography is an interesting method showcasing what happen during a period of time.

I'm curious to hear about those who have experience with time-lapse photography?

My first experiment was capturing a hobby train show 5 years ago of people setting up their display over 4 hour period. I did learned my external battery pack didn't provide enough power while running another device during the same time. So next time I decided to invest in a dedicated battery pack for my camera.

My second attempt was capturing rising and falling tides during a 10 hour time span. While waiting to capture the exposure, I taken pictures and videos of the beach with another camera. I was worried about the clouds as there was light rain. I did wipe of the rain off my lens a few times. Later the clouds cleared up and it was sunny. When I arrive at home to combined all the still images into time-laspe, I learned the clouds did added a great effect for the video. Capture the tides result of capturing 3950 photos taking up 11.2 GB of storage.

My third time-laspe was me building a Quad Bike out of Lego. For this capture, I decided to capture the whole thing as a whole video and then speed up the frames to make it into a time-laspe. To add a new challenge, I used two cameras to capture picture-in-picture video. One that shows me and the surrounding area building the Quad Bike and the other zoomed up at the table showing my hands and Lego blocks. You can preview the final resulting video below.

There many more time-laspe projects I have planned for the future using toys and capturing nature and animals during my camping and hiking trips. Also, there another post I'm writing taking photography to another level. Stay tune for the other post.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom