• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The weather outside...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
In the last few years I've struggled with, I suppose you could call it the nature of weather, not sure how else to describe it...

As a person who is a photographer and simply has interest in local events that are outdoors anyway... If the event is the following weekend by the Monday evening news I'm analyzing the long term weather forecast... Fretting if that forecast is unfavourable for an outdoor event, knowing full well that within five days a lot can change... And I'll fret all week, and let it get to my head...

In many cases, the weather isn't as bad as originally advertised, but all week...

Meantime, other people around me (non-Aspies) just shrug all of this off as the weather, which is what I should probably do as well but I struggle to stop this habit, ultimately the weather will do what it will do...

It sounds as if you are allowing yourself to suffer
because you have no way to control the weather.

Rationally speaking, you know you have no control over the weather,
but it would be more comfortable if you did because you'd like
situations to work out in positive convenient ways.

It sounds as if you are allowing yourself to suffer
because you have no way to control the weather.

Rationally speaking, you know you have no control over the weather,
but it would be more comfortable if you did because you'd like
situations to work out in positive convenient ways.

Sounds about right, ultimately I know that I expect life to be too perfect and it isn't at all... But I keep replaying this pattern constantly... Of course I would love to control the weather ;) Let it rain on Wednesday, I couldn't care less, instead of a rainy weekend... :confused:

In the months leading up to Summer I make myself ill with anxiety over it, because I am hypersensitive to the heat and it makes me disoriented and ill, so I spend a good 4 months or so just constantly unwell and miserable... Its like SAD but rather than Winter its Summer that does it.

In the months leading up to Summer I make myself ill with anxiety over it, because I am hypersensitive to the heat and it makes me disoriented and ill, so I spend a good 4 months or so just constantly unwell and miserable... Its like SAD but rather than Winter its Summer that does it.
I know exactly what you mean..! I feel more alive in the winter.. Really am looking forward to when october gets here....!

Sorry to hear that, I struggle a little with heat in the summer, one reason why I only lived in Ontario for three years, way back when... Here in Calgary the heat isn't as extreme in the summer, but sometimes, I've always managed... But I do remember ultra hot shifts working at a small machine shop in Ontario, the most intense heat I think I've ever experienced, some shifts I barely got through...

I struggle with heat all year round now its worse the last few years for some reason ,i used to have a barometer charged but it drove me mad with its storm alarm - so now i analyse the bbc internet weather forecast
Sorry to hear that, I struggle a little with heat in the summer, one reason why I only lived in Ontario for three years, way back when... Here in Calgary the heat isn't as extreme in the summer, but sometimes, I've always managed... But I do remember ultra hot shifts working at a small machine shop in Ontario, the most intense heat I think I've ever experienced, some shifts I barely got through...

To follow up... It did rain all day, effectively wrecking an event or two... Instead I just went downtown and did some rainy day photography...

35228104055_0c444e9e76.jpg

Have you tried the glaciertek cool vest its supposed to keep you at 59°
i remember a girl(featured on EM:HE) who had inherited an inability to lower her body temperature she used one DONT know the brand name

New Threads

Top Bottom