• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The next stage in Evolution

I think Homo Homicida (Killer Great Ape) would be more accurate.
I don't know. I personally think that our highly developed sweat glands are extremely underrated. Everybody goes on and on about out large brain, upright posture, and opposable thumbs, but our ability to perspire was integral to our diasporia. I cast my vote for "Homo Sudorious", the sweaty ape. :p

If we are the next stage in Evolution suggested by many does that make us Homo Aspieapien? [emoji87]

I'm not a biologist, so maybe I've got this all wrong, but in order for a species to prosper and thrive, does it not require that the species in question be able to reproduce at least to the extent that the danger from numbers falling to dangerously low levels is avoided? I ask this because - I'm generalising now - people who are "on the spectrum" tend to avoid social situations, of all kinds, and their natural inclination to live like a hermit would detract from their chances of finding a mate, which in turn would lead to a downward trend in the overall number of births if this trait (i.e. "aspieness") were to become far more common than it already is (or worse still, if it were to become dominant).

So, if this really is the future of the human race, then the current approx. seven thousand million on planet Earth (and rising - dramatically) will soon experience a crash. I guess the radical environmentalists will be happy about this, if nothing else.

Perhaps it's just me then as I have a wife and 2 kids. Just because social situations are hard doesn't mean you have to avoid them. Grow a pair and get on with your lives Aspies I'm sick of the excuses. I have been knocked back time and time again but now I'm the boss of a security company, own my house and have a good small group of friends. See top ten most influential people with autism on YouTube.

people who are "on the spectrum" tend to avoid social situations, of all kinds, and their natural inclination to live like a hermit would detract from their chances of finding a mate, which in turn would lead to a downward trend in the overall number of births if this trait (i.e. "aspieness") were to become far more common than it already is (or worse still, if it were to become dominant).
Perhaps, but it doesn't stop (spins wheel of octo-plurals) octopodes. They generally live solitary lives and will actively avoid each other, save for the one and only time they mate before dieing. I guess that's understandable though, since the risk of canibalism is high.

My point is: one doesn't have to be socially successfull in order to be reproductively successfull. And as Darwin162 has pointed out, being on the spectrum does not preclude social or professional success either, even if there is a statiscal corelation.

Homo sapiens is generally stupid. We'll probably make ourselves extinct before making meaningful progress.

I hate humans mostly, we (not us Aspies haha) are a psychotic species and any alien civilisation would not want to get involved with us, except as an interesting observational study (like Iain M. Bank's "Culture" sci-fi book series) or just wipe us out. Agent Smith from the Matrix had us susses. We are a virus. I don't have too much hope of us surviving seeing all the horrible things we do to each other and the shear senseless selfishness and damage to the planet and it's flora/fauna. We've only been on this planet for a vanishingly short time in geological time. There are plenty of other biological species that will take the role of dominant predator/species in this ecosystem on Earth ...

Well I never knew that before, that it was suggested we're the next step in evolution..cool!
It's not suggested, it's just one of those dumb things people who don't understand evolution say.
I like 'homo sudorious', our ability to sweat is greatly under-appreciated and our supposed wisdom greatly overestimated :tonguewink:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom