• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Fate of the Mood Ring

Throw it into the Missisippi River.

Or you could make a paper boat and float that down the Mississippi river, where some unknown stranger will find it and have ring adventures of their own. Likewise, you could hide it in some nook or cranny with the story of the ring and why you're giving it away. Pick a name at random from the Yellow pages and mail it to them, anonymously. Leave it as a tip in a restaurant (with a note so they don't think it's lost). Give it away for Halloween. Perform an exorcism on it while reciting the psalms. Hold a funeral and then bury it. Ask a real witch what to do with it. Bake it into a King's Cake. Attach it to the end of a kite, fly the kite, and let it go. Likewise with a helium balloon. You could write a message or farewell on the kite or balloon. Give it to some kid on the street and tell them that it's magic. Bury it but plant a flower or tree on top of it.
Lovely suggestions!
...My best friend is a witch in training... Maybe I'll ask her for advice...

Why all the drama over the ring?
Well... It's a symbolic thing. That ring is a symbol of my time with Amanda, and I don't want it around anymore. However, I don't want to simply toss it in the trash or sell it. That's too simple and easy. I need to do something big with it, for closure and whatever.

So, the ring existing in your sight keeps thoughts of time with her on your mind.

You said you got it on your first date with the girl.
But not how you came to have the ring.

At first I thought you meant you didn't want to keep the ring
because she'd given it to you. You didn't say that she gave it
to you though.

How did you happen to come to possess the ring?
Does she have one, too?

So, the ring existing in your sight keeps thoughts of time with her on your mind.

You said you got it on your first date with the girl.
But not how you came to have the ring.

At first I thought you meant you didn't want to keep the ring
because she'd given it to you. You didn't say that she gave it
to you though.

How did you happen to come to possess the ring?
Does she have one, too?
I said I bought it. She does not have one.

After going through the thread again, I see that you did say
in the first post that you bought the ring yourself.

And now you're dis-satisfied with having it around because
it reminds you of some girl you dated.

So you're seeking a way to disconnect from thoughts of her.

After going through the thread again, I see that you did say
in the first post that you bought the ring yourself.

And now you're dis-satisfied with having it around because
it reminds you of some girl you dated.

So you're seeking a way to disconnect from thoughts of her.
Exactly!

Upon further considering I would put it
Or you could make a paper boat and float that down the Mississippi river, where some unknown stranger will find it and have ring adventures of their own.

I like that. The problem with just throwing it in the river is that spot would always be a reminder. It would still be there. The same with putting it someplace. Or sending to someone.

You could start a meme with it. Make it a Good Mood Ring and give it to someone breaking up with their g/bF to help them feel better.

They can wear it and think of all the people who broke up before them.

They can send good wished into it and can pass it on once it's turned the color to denote happy mood.

But they should wear it till it turns happy. Then pass it on.

I actually have a mood pendant that I won at a Bingo game at a Halloween party a few years, along with a few other bits of jewelry that I haven't worn in forever. If it's a mood ring made in the 70's it might be worth some money on ebay. But I know that's not a very creative answer. But it would be much easier than casting it into the fires of a fictional mountain.

I like the balloon idea. Tie it to a balloon and let it go right in front of your door. That way you don't know where it is, and there is no location where you'll think about it when you visit. You could even make a funny post on social media like "I just got rid of my mood ring and I don't know how I feel about it."

It depends who Amanda is? If she's an ex burn it. Seriously before I got married I had some goofy promise ring from an ex and I burned that piece of junk.

New Threads

Top Bottom