• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The bane of Aspergers

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I had a chance to go out for the day with people I know. Going to the beach for a picnic and then, in the evening a BBQ, but, thanks to anxious thoughts, had no choice but cancel out and had to let two people down. Although one found a ride ( an hour and 15 mins away).

It is not understood - should say - seen as being very negative - that the reason I am unable to go, is due to too many elements happening in one day and know that I would fare badly.

I wanted to go and they posted pictures on our whatsapp forum, which made me feel, in truth, rather jealous, seeing all their smiling faces, wishing that I could just get rid of stupid anxiety!

I still get anxious at times, but that is primarily due to time constraints. I beat down my general anxiety about too many things at once by trusting in my competence and challenging myself. It was not always that way, but with my life counting down I concentrate on the things important to me and disregard a lot as mere distraction.

I find it sad that you limited yourself, especially with asperger's when you probably have the intellectual capacity to grow.

I’m not the anxious type, but more the social avoidance type. People don’t make me anxious, I just find them a combination of boring and exhausting.

I had a chance to go out for the day with people I know. Going to the beach for a picnic and then, in the evening a BBQ, but, thanks to anxious thoughts, had no choice but cancel out and had to let two people down. Although one found a ride ( an hour and 15 mins away).

It is not understood - should say - seen as being very negative - that the reason I am unable to go, is due to too many elements happening in one day and know that I would fare badly.

I wanted to go and they posted pictures on our whatsapp forum, which made me feel, in truth, rather jealous, seeing all their smiling faces, wishing that I could just get rid of stupid anxiety!
Anxiety is the same thing as excitement the brain just processes it differently. Wherever you ended up in life is because you push through anxiety and or have taking risk.

My wife and I go out all the time, she makes sure we have fun. she knows I have to ger away occasionally find time the to get away from the crowd find a quiet place.

Last edited:

Don't beat yourself up. When I read your first paragraph my reaction was "that sounds nice .....oh". Because the beach trip turned straight into the evening BBQ without a pause to get your breath back.

Was there perhaps a practical way you could have made the day better suit your needs? For me, for example, I would have needed a spacer: some time alone to recharge and rebalance after an afternoon with a lot of people.

I don't want to go out. I have turned into aa shut in from some harrassment.

New Threads

Top Bottom