• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Aspiescentral Monthly Poll; August 2014

Do you use any other support groups regarding your ASD?

• No, AC is the only way I look for support

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Yes, I visit AC and other forums/online groups for support

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Yes, I visit AC and I physically visit local support group(s) for support

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Yes, I visit AC, other forums/online groups and I physically visit local support group(s)

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Oni

V.I.P Member
Do you use any other support groups regarding your ASD?

Do you use any other ASD-related forums? Any Facebook groups that are targeted towards ASD? Any other way to gather with others on the spectrum? Google hangouts? Do you have any support group in your area that you visit in real life?

Promoting other forums isn’t what we’re looking for though. The answer is more along the lines of a “yes” or “no” answer, rather than an extensive and comprehensive list of forums and groups for people to visit. If anything, we're interested to see how people get their support. Single source or multiple sources.

As with any monthly poll; answers used through the voting system will only be recorded. Replies in this thread won’t.

For more information about AC monthly polls;The Aspiescentral monthly Poll | AspiesCentral.com

PS; for the few curious (and perhaps new) ones: AC in the poll answers stands for "Aspiescentral". Yes, I know this is stating the obvious, but people have asked me what AC stands for about a dozen times in the time I've been here on AC. (and clearly, AC could also mean Airconditioning, Assassins creed, Alternating Current.. .and then some. None would make sense in this context though).

I use online groups like AC and I go to a ASD social group twice a month.
I managed to get my foot in the door for a (fairly) local ASD meetup group, but i have yet to be able to make it to any of their functions. I hope to do so in the near future!

AC is the only place where I connect with other Aspies to discuss Aspie related issues . . . and non Aspie related issues. I've disclosed more here than I have to anyone in my entire life. The anonymity provides a certain confirm zone that allows me to lower my barriers.

There's a facebook page I 'like' that is pretty supportive. :D

And the other thing I use, which I enjoy having is of course, this site. :D

AC is my social support group,but I study quite a bit of the spectrum from reading online medical works from the edu sites

There used to be another forum I used, but I dropped it because there were so many self-diagnosed "Aspies" who were just... ugh, it was bad. I found this place on Xenforo's forum link thread, as I'm a member of that community as well, and I'm so glad I did. I love the forum software, it's better organized, and there is more freedom (i.e. no one breathing down your neck, etc.).

So... I'm staying. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom