• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sweet Stuff

I love sweets, but not TOO sweet or rich. I'm less into candy and more into baked goods like cookies, brownies and cakes. And for me, chocolate is LIFE. I have to have something chocolate once everyday, whenever possible. Funny thing is, I'm not a fan of Indian sweets and I'm Indian lol.
I agree. Chocolate is love. Chocolate is life.

I love anything sweet, of any kind. Chocolate, cakes, baked goods, ice cream, pastries, candy of every kind. When i was a child chocolate was mostly what i ate, i couldn't stomach most things.

Definitely another one with a sweet tooth here - which flips between things like soft sweets e.g gummies/hard-boiled and then chocolate-based treats - and one I have a constant battle of wills with. I don't eat it everyday but will abstain for a period of time and then consume a lot - yeah I know, not healthy, literally and also as a relationship with food. Trying to replace them with dried fruits and also gelatine-alternative versions so I feel less bad afterward. Also have a drink like hot green tea with something if I can to balance it out (and makes it feel like a 'meal' to be savoured and experienced, and not something done mindlessly whilst watching a film etc)

I've got a sweet tooth, I like most things sweet that I've had because I have an extreme bitter sensitivity taste so long as I'm not allergic to them. I can't eat normal chocolate due to having a dairy intolerance and I rarely have it anyway due to being a migraine sufferer so any sugar I have is sparingly. I have eaten dark chocolate in the past and sometimes I will have a craving for just dark chocolate though. So I'm not the type that can eat a bunch of sweet things at one time as that will make me feel nauseous. I have difficulties eating some fruit but that's more due to a texture thing than taste. I don't have diabetes because all the tests I've had for the possibility of me having that have shown nothing.

I feel sick to my stomach most times due to having chronic nausea. So there will be times where I have to snack otherwise I may start feeling like I'm going to puke even more. I get cravings for sweets sometimes, but other times my cravings will be opposite for salt or protein.

However, my mom, who shows possible asperger or autism signs, doesn't like eating sweet things half as much as I do and she eats vegetables a lot, ones I'd never be able to eat (really bitter ones like brussel sprouts, asparagus, beets, etc).

I could take them or leave them.
Didn't matter one way or the other until I reached my fifties.

I appear to go through phases for craving sweet or salty foods now.

I suspect it's linked to some nutrient deficiencies, sleep deprivation and stress. I'm going to throw the menopause on top of that pile too as a suspect for some dietary changes.

I have so many candies on my desk right now that it's no wonder I'm not losing any weight... I have a particular fondness for pastries though, especially a warm blueberry muffin...

I used to drink a lot of soda, but I've pretty much cut it out now. I still drink it occasionally, since most restaurants don't have the flavored carbonated water I drink now.

So it would seem sweets in a dominate desire.
Chocolate comes naturally for most due to it's dopamine producing content.
Makes sense.
And sugar increases trytophan transporters to produce more seratonin and dopamine also.
It is addictive due to it's short term hormone effect in the brain.

I guess you could say sweets are a real comfort food. :)

But, who would suspect the liver?
I found this in a medical journal:
A previous study in rodents has shown that a hormone secreted by the liver, called FGF21, “suppress[es] the intake of sweets.” Similarly, another study on primates has suggested that the same hormone can reduce the appetite for sweets.o_O

I live for sweet stuff, especially cookies and pastries and chewy, fruity, bite sized candies. I know I shouldn't because it's all kinds of evil and unhealthy, and it's killing my brain cells and doing strange things to my liver or whatever, but if I get low on sweet things to eat I get anxious.

We're all going to die soon because of covid, climate change and WW3, so I may as well make the most of it.

I don't have a sweet tooth, either. I do eat sweets, but only certain ones that I know won't be too sweet. I seem to be very sensitive to sweet taste and can't bear really sweet deserts. It seems to be cultural thing - I have tried candies from the US and found them to be way, way to sweet for me - an American lady once offered me her home made cookies and I couldn't eat them.

I live for sweet stuff, especially cookies and pastries and chewy, fruity, bite sized candies. I know I shouldn't because it's all kinds of evil and unhealthy, and it's killing my brain cells and doing strange things to my liver or whatever, but if I get low on sweet things to eat I get anxious.

We're all going to die soon because of covid, climate change and WW3, so I may as well make the most of it.
You are correct. We are ALL going to die, from what ever the cause.
The physical body does not live forever on this plane of existence.
But, how we live and what we do to our bodies in the time we are here is up to us.

That is somehow nihilistic and positive at the same time. How?

My diet consists almost entirely of sweets. I care not to eat so if I should, I prefer it to be something that doesn't taste terrible, as does everything else. Im very underweight though, due to digestive issues. I avoid anything hearty

New Threads

Top Bottom