• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Surgery

Not major surgery but stress for long periods I experienced migraines, and too many bad experiences I had burn out.

What kind is surgery did you have? If it affected your stomach then yes, could very well be.....liver, pancrease are very key to asd symptoms.
Also any meds....check side effects. What can be overlooked is how some drugs affect the stomach, some drugs may thin the blood.

The link at top of the article links to research on muscle growth in legs and autism....so discuss it with your doctor, as I'm not a doctor and can just point out things for do tor to look at.

Anaesthesia numbs muscles, some muscles attached to other muscles and can store 'memory' as in trigger memories of pain in a region, but unless you had fever or reaction to anaesthesia you should be fine.

What is regression issue is it motor-coORD or behaviour?

I have some tablets for pain, swelling, infl nation that I'm testing on my altzeimers....but not for everyday so I'm going to have to see doc

Age?
Older you are the more health issues affdct other issues

So if also no infection....in bone then if there were no complications with anaesthesia

Etiology​

The timing strongly influences etiology.

• Underlying conditions (e.g., immunosuppressed patients) may have a reduced inflammatory response or reduced fever while at the same time having a serious infection.
  • Differential diagnosis includes infectious (e.g., nosocomial or surgical site infections) and non-infectious (e.g., deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolus, myocardial infarction, drug-related, transfusion-related, endocrine-related for example adrenal insufficiency or thyroid storm) causes.
  • Fever is more likely to be due to infection as the time interval following surgery increases.
  • Fever in patients may have more than one cause at the same time, and infectious and non-infectious causes may coexist.

The link at top of the article links to research on muscle growth in legs and autism....so discuss it with your doctor, as I'm not a doctor and can just point out things for do tor to look at.

Anaesthesia numbs muscles, some muscles attached to other muscles and can store 'memory' as in trigger memories of pain in a region, but unless you had fever or reaction to anaesthesia you should be fine.

What is regression issue is it motor-coORD or behaviour?

I have some tablets for pain, swelling, infl nation that I'm testing on my altzeimers....but not for everyday so I'm going to have to see doc
Cognitive in nature. No problem with muscles

@Meowser18 Do you mean regression of symptoms? Not sure how to interpret the word.

If yes, then I would say yes, in the sense than any disease puts stress on the body and mind. I feel tired, with brain fog, routines are changed, not being able to do the things you like. For me, anything that affects my body affects my mind and sometimes I can't tell the difference.

Hope you feel better soon.

@Meowser18 Do you mean regression of symptoms? Not sure how to interpret the word.

If yes, then I would say yes, in the sense than any disease puts stress on the body and mind. I feel tired, with brain fog, routines are changed, not being able to do the things you like. For me, anything that affects my body affects my mind and sometimes I can't tell the difference.

Hope you feel better soon.
Yes I mean regression of asd symptoms due to anesthesia.

Sorry, I understand you...cognitive
I've not had problems with local anaesthetic or spinal tap but morphine spikes my heart rate and I tend to avoid opianoids.

There are five main classes of anesthetic agents: intravenous (IV) anesthetics, inhalational anesthetics, IV sedatives, synthetic opioids, and neuromuscular blocking drugs. Each class has particular strengths and weaknesses in attaining the primary goal of general anesthesia.

Among patients aged 65 years and older, up to 65% experience delirium and 10% develop long-term cognitive decline after noncardiac surgery. Complications associated with delirium include longer hospitalization, more days with mechanical ventilation, and functional decline.

Ok, so we on same page....now.

Interestingly my Mom was given tremodol at old age home and I recalled my stitches with morphine. So I looked at her and asked if she happy with drugs, I didn't like her bi-polar drug but she happy with morphine.
I just googled and found combination of muscle relaxants with opioids has bad effects.

Which drug are you recalling?

My Mom was given epilum for bipolar and tramadol
(Her hair fell out, she shake like I've never seeing a diabetic)

In future suggest you may react to opioids (hereoine for medical use)
Tramadol is opiod, so is morphine
Weak heart or blood pressure can relate to opiods

never take warfarin or disprin

I never had major surgery I don't think.
I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was 5 but I recovered all right.

I've had several operations on my ears but those were just minor operations that could be done in like 20 minutes and they sent me home the same day and I recovered very quickly.

I've heard of some cases where an anesthesia can cause memory loss. Since I'm not a doctor, I don't know how true that is. That being said, I try to avoid sedation whenever possible. I had a colonoscopy a few years ago without sedation. The doctor went into used-car-salesman mode to try and talk me out of my position. As stubborn as I am, he might as well have been talking to a wall. While it's not something I'd do for fun, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the doctor suggested it would be.

The above was experience with relaxants and combinations of drugs...
I had herniated disk in my back from twin preggies, so this is why I'm slow to take drugs for my pain and I'm going to try another higher dose detox of coq10

New Threads

Top Bottom