• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Super Emotional?

tripleU

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hi, I am super emotional? I keep getting complained for this, and even banned from r/autism, don't go there. Here is one example, when I got one downvote on Reddit, My ears got hot red and couldn't do anything that day until I found this forum. Also people on r/autism complained about my super emotionality. There are a lot more but I can't think of them. How do I remove this? I also think, this also allows me to be very happy, pure vivid happieness.

It sounds like you are hitting the extremes of intense emotions. This can be cool when the emotions are good, but it is a difficult way to live and it is a sign of dysregulation. That’s not a criticism, just something to notice about yourself and possibly strive for more moderation.

One thing that help with dealing with strong negative emotions are deep breathing. Even though that can be an annoyingly simple suggestion to some people, it has a physiological effect on our brain. If you are feeling yourself getting heated, taking a minute to simply breathe slowly and deeply in a quiet place can help start to regulate whatever is going on in your mind and engage more rationality for your behavior choices.

Keep examining your feelings and talking about it with us here, I think that will help. I think many of us can understand the extreme emotions that we can bounce back-and-forth between in a single day.

Not everyone will agree with your point of view. Whilst we all live in our own minds and world - we need to realise that we will encounter plenty of people in life who, for one reason or another disagree with things that we might put a lot of stock into. You just have to learn to agree to disagree.

You can't be downrated here.

Ed

It sounds like you are hitting the extremes of intense emotions. This can be cool when the emotions are good, but it is a difficult way to live and it is a sign of dysregulation. That’s not a criticism, just something to notice about yourself and possibly strive for more moderation.

One thing that help with dealing with strong negative emotions are deep breathing. Even though that can be an annoyingly simple suggestion to some people, it has a physiological effect on our brain. If you are feeling yourself getting heated, taking a minute to simply breathe slowly and deeply in a quiet place can help start to regulate whatever is going on in your mind and engage more rationality for your behavior choices.

Keep examining your feelings and talking about it with us here, I think that will help. I think many of us can understand the extreme emotions that we can bounce back-and-forth between in a single day.
I posted something on reddit, and it got downvoted. I took a breath in and it only half fixed the problems, then I thought of plants, and it removed the anger more, but when I looked back at the downvoted thing, I got the feeling back again

I posted something on reddit, and it got downvoted. I took a breath in and it only half fixed the problems, then I thought of plants, and it removed the anger more, but when I looked back at the downvoted thing, I got the feeling back again
I understand, That’s really good that a few deep breaths and thinking about plants had some kind of impact. I’m curious what made you look at the downvote again? Did you go back to it on purpose because it was bugging you? Or did you just come across it again unintentionally?

It makes sense that the trigger for strong emotions will bring up the same emotions again and again, but we can lessen the power of upsetting things overtime and by talking about it.

My mind has a way of focusing on negative things, and when something has been upsetting to me, it will just keep flashing through my mind. I prefer battle now, though and I fight to keep my mind focused on other things, because my brain just likes to torment me sometimes. But I do not have to allow it.

I understand, That’s really good that a few deep breaths and thinking about plants had some kind of impact. I’m curious what made you look at the downvote again? Did you go back to it on purpose because it was bugging you? Or did you just come across it again unintentionally?

It makes sense that the trigger for strong emotions will bring up the same emotions again and again, but we can lessen the power of upsetting things overtime and by talking about it.

My mind has a way of focusing on negative things, and when something has been upsetting to me, it will just keep flashing through my mind. I prefer battle now, though and I fight to keep my mind focused on other things, because my brain just likes to torment me sometimes. But I do not have to allow it.
Both intentional, and unintentionally, I ended the plant thought, as I didn't want the mood of the downvote to be associated with that plant, I then looked back at my monitor. So both intentional and unintentional. I forgot to mention the thought bleeding in the initial post.

Both intentional, and unintentionally, I ended the plant thought, as I didn't want the mood of the downvote to be associated with that plant, I then looked back at my monitor. So both intentional and unintentional. I forgot to mention the thought bleeding in the initial post.
I understand. That makes sense. The other thing to think about is to look at each trigger individually and talk about that… Maybe here with us.

Like a down vote on Reddit for example doesn’t really mean that much. Or maybe a better way to say it is that it could mean absolutely anything. First of all reddit is so huge that there are infinite types of people on there… Including some that are simply there to make people feel bad. I don’t know why they do this, but they definitely exist. Also, people downvote for all kinds of reasons that may not be what you’re imagining.

Lastly, something that many of us here had to learn is to not give a care at all what other people think. If we are acting with authenticity in a way that we are proud of, some people won’t like it. Some people will give us a real life thumbs down and treat us badly, but that’s on them. Other people’s behavior does not have to determine our feelings.

I don’t say this as if it’s the easiest thing to do. It took me forever to not care. But it’s helpful to get other opinions that are supportive of you when someone is giving you a hard time.

I’m not sure I understand what thought bleeding is.

I can't ignore. And thought bleeding is like, hating a wallpaper, because you used it when you were depressed

Two more things, and I think it would be good to see what other people think on this, too. But, 1. I think it’s great that you came here because I think we may be able to understand a lot of the things that you are going through. 2. It’s pretty new, but there is a teen thread here that you might benefit from… Talking with other young people on the spectrum. Of course, you are more than welcome to participate in all threads and post your own as you have been doing.

But it’s good to have you here. You are welcome here and we can support you.

If the downvote was that triggering it's probably touching upon an old, and ingrained feeling of unworthiness.

Ed

OK, that makes sense. What about distraction instead of ignoring?
I remember, when I was forcefully sent to worship, it was too long, and very neurotypical, all abrahamic religions feel nt to me. I remember making a conlang on my way back on feet in the blazing sun and doing it more in the shower, I made a bittersweet memory. Yay! But when I did it again comming back home for the same reason, I made a song about the german meme word poopenfarten with the same energy as this (Watch it fully for the real experience). Going back to emotions, I didn't feel the same as I had when I made a conlang, I am only able to fool myself once?

I remember, when I was forcefully sent to worship, it was too long, and very neurotypical, all abrahamic religions feel nt to me. I remember making a conlang on my way back on feet in the blazing sun and doing it more in the shower, I made a bittersweet memory. Yay! But when I did it again comming back home for the same reason, I made a song about the german meme word poopenfarten with the same energy as this (Watch it fully for the real experience). Going back to emotions, I didn't feel the same as I had when I made a conlang, I am only able to fool myself once?
This looks interesting. I will definitely check it out. It seems like you have a useful and interesting way of thinking about things.

Hi, I am super emotional?
It's important to remember that part of this will also be because of your age, you have hormones running rampant through your body at the moment and it's very easy to get over emotional about things. This will start to settle down a bit as you get older.

It's important to remember that part of this will also be because of your age, you have hormones running rampant through your body at the moment and it's very easy to get over emotional about things. This will start to settle down a bit as you get older.
I was also like that, when I was a child.

It looks like you're doing quite well at developing strategies to cope though, that's a good sign. I also like a lot of Rodafina's advice, she's a pretty clever lady.

I don't speak any German but I got a laugh out of Poopenfarten. :)

Hi, I am super emotional? I keep getting complained for this, and even banned from r/autism, don't go there. Here is one example, when I got one downvote on Reddit, My ears got hot red and couldn't do anything that day until I found this forum. Also people on r/autism complained about my super emotionality. There are a lot more but I can't think of them. How do I remove this? I also think, this also allows me to be very happy, pure vivid happieness.
Depends on what may actually drive such behavior. Which may not necessarily be associated with autism.

For instance, have you ever been examined for conditions like Histrionic Personality Disorder? Where for many with this condition everything happening to them (perceived or not) on a daily basis is a catastrophe.

I mention it as I recall a once member of this community who came here thinking they might have autism when IMO their real issue was more likely this one.

Depends on what may actually drive such behavior. Which may not necessarily be associated with autism.

For instance, have you ever been examined for conditions like Histrionic Personality Disorder? Where for many with this condition everything happening to them (perceived or not) on a daily basis is a catastrophe.

I mention it as I recall a once member of this community who came here thinking they might have autism when IMO their real issue was more likely this one.

I think we should be a bit careful with this because OPs stated age is 13. It would be impossible to diagnose a personality disorder this young. I agree it is good to look for different explanations, but personality disorder isn’t really on the table or doesn’t even manifest until later in life.

I think we should be a bit careful with this because OPs stated age is 13. It would be impossible to diagnose a personality disorder this young. I agree it is good to look for different explanations, but personality disorder isn’t really on the table or doesn’t even manifest until later in life.
Point taken, though I'm not entirely convinced age would objectively preclude such a diagnosis. Though such a condition is usually determined at a later age from what I see. But of course, it would require a medical professional and parental consent to ultimately determine such a thing. Especially that particular disorder.

In my own case I've gotten in trouble with interacting with NTs based on a lack of emotion. Something they seem to pick up on very quickly, and don't appreciate. Difficult to overcome at times with a monotone voice. And something that I think we get chastised for in the form of accusations of a lack of empathy.

You're probably right though in that this may be "a stretch" to consider. Just something that resonates with me associated with this forum, but not autism per se. ;)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom