• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stationery

mikkyh

Omg is there anybody else here that just REALLY loves buying stationary ? It gives me more satisfaction that anything else. And I love the feeling you get when you use a BIC ball point pen on a think wad of fresh A4 paper. Lovely.

God..and I snap SO MANY pens and just love dismantling pens. I don't know what it is but I get very obsessive with pens and open them up and god I'm so exicted when I think about buying stationary.

I guess it's me wanting to be creative but still FFFS get over it !!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

(I apologize....caffeine intake). BLLAAAAARGH!!!!

Rofl.
Never been very interested in stationary tbh.
It's cool you like it though :p.
I like shopping for new stationary in the new school year but that's it really.
EMZ=]

You are obsessed with not moving? :unsure:

(Apologies, I'm in a pedantic mood today).

Yes, yes, oh GOD yes. As a child I loved stationery. I bought new pens and stuff all the time, I loved looking around WHSmiths... maybe I still do. :whistle:

I don't have an excuse to write anymore though, really...

I used to love buying new stationary for school but don't think I was obsessed with it. I remember trying to get the coolest stuff like those rubbers that rub out ink... sweet! Then there was the bendy rulers that everyone bought just to whack each other with. Not forgetting the tip-ex pens, purely for artistic purposes.   :whistle:  I also remember in primary school charging people to hire out my stuff. Yup... i'm the business type. One final thing to mention is the elastic bands we used to launch rubbers across the room at high speed.   :D

Lol, I was definitely obsessed with buying it, which was kind of stupid since my work wasn't even tidy or organized. I also partook in those childish antiques... up until secondary school. People went through a phase of firing paper from elastic bands at each other. It got to the stage where you weren't safe unless you sat at the back of the classroom. It was sort of retarded, but there was something to be said for folding pieces of paper concrete-solid and firing them across the room at high velocity. :D

I suppose everyone's obsessed with buying something. Buying stuff makes us feel good, so of course we like doing it.

People went through a phase of firing paper from elastic bands at each other. :D

Ah yes, I remember that phase too. I also remember the paper aeroplane phase and people using elastic bands to launch plastic sharpeners at each other. There was also a time when tip-ex became the cool thing. People wrote in tip-ex on just about anything. Signing your name on your friend's school bag in tip-ex became popular for some reason. Don't get me started on the paper clips.   :D

I suppose everyone's obsessed with buying something. Buying stuff makes us feel good, so of course we like doing it.
The only time I don't enjoy buying stuff is when I'm depressed :(.
And I get depressed when I don't buy stuff too :(.
I don't seem to be so bothered about buying stuff anymore :/.
LOL.
EMZ=]

I feel really **** after I spend a lot of money, I guess it's a sort of doubting 'should I have just pissed it all away' type feeling. Subsides in a day or so, or when whatever I've ordered arrives in the mail. :D

I never have enough money anymore to make big purchases so no problemo. :)

@Calvert - Sigh, lol, school fads. :p At my old school we had to wear ties... tie yanking... ugh. Oh and there used to be a waist-height 'bouncy' hedge that ran along the entire length of my school. "Hedging" - the art of pushing some unsuspecting poor bastard into the hedge... that really caught on. Was kind of hilarious.

Tie yanking! I hated that. Someone would yank my tie and I would spend a whole 5 minutes trying to get it perfect again, only for some other twat to come along and yank it a second time. Then there were times were my tie got yanked so hard I couldn't get the knot out to re-tie it.  :angry: Ah the memories... shame college isn't as fun for me.

Mmmm. It's kind of funny though, my schools 'solution' to that (put into place the year after I left, and also for health reasons) was clip-on ties... To be honest, I would find it kind of hilarious to run through the school grabbing everyone's ties seeing how many I can collect. :D

I have a 25 section pigeon-hole unit that contains paper of various types.

College & standard lined notebook paper
Graph paper [1/4 inch, inch size]
Thick, thin
Colored construction paper
Print/Patterned
Forms the original purpose of which I don't know, but I can adapt to my own use
"Typing" paper
Manila folders
Carbon paper

Stationery, index cards, and light weight cardboard I keep in another place.
Notebooks I have arranged separately.
Copy/Printer paper I keep in the original boxes.

I love buying plants for the garden although i did have a thing for pens with gold or silver ink. That was back in the 80s break dance era

Omg is there anybody else here that just REALLY loves buying stationary ? It gives me more satisfaction that anything else. And I love the feeling you get when you use a BIC ball point pen on a think wad of fresh A4 paper. Lovely.

God..and I snap SO MANY pens and just love dismantling pens. I don't know what it is but I get very obsessive with pens and open them up and god I'm so exicted when I think about buying stationary.

I guess it's me wanting to be creative but still FFFS get over it !!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

(I apologize....caffeine intake). BLLAAAAARGH!!!!

Just about the only thing I liked about school was getting new stationery at the start of each year.

I'm still drawn to nice notebooks in which I jot down thoughts, poems, story ideas, quotes, lyrics, etc.

My current obsession is with pencils. Palomino Blackwing.
and maleable erasers ...

Oh yes, I love stationery! I've had to curb my excitement in recent years as I have soooo much already. My office at home is just full of stationery, to the extent that I have a box of notepads I'm hoping I'll use some day.

At Uni we had a student shop just full of funky stationery... I was so happy in there! My main love is pens: different styles, different colours, the feel of them on the paper...

And I love the feeling you get when you use a BIC ball point pen on a think wad of fresh A4 paper. Lovely.

I know it sounds odd, but have you ever written with a BIC or any other ball point pen on a banana? (Before it's peeled, of course). Bliss! The writing surface is so satisfying! That's my tip for a Monday morning: write on a banana :D

New Threads

Top Bottom