• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So Who Exactly Makes Such Rules ?

A handy reminder:
Forum rules for posting guidelines, rule number 8 states to keep communication on moderator activity private, by taking it up with admin in private.
Thanks for your understanding.

OH no! Not words!

This is what frustrates me about what you can and can't say:

People will say nice things and mean to be jerks or they will say harsh things but have meant something kind. Where is the responsibility of the one hearing to really look out in front of himself to see?

I see it like there are followers, managers and leaders.

Followers follow the rules, managers enforce the rules, leaders make the rules.

I think maybe things are changing though.

Leaders should lead the way, and if you want to follow, that's great. I like to think of a distant utopian anarchic society where rules are not needed. Humans just need to mature more, and learn from the Aspies amongst them :)

Iain Banks The Culture is a picture of my ideal society. Benevolent machines to look after us, that have a sense of humour.

If such articles could be confined to publications like "The Onion", at least we'd know the intent is satire and not someone's twisted sense of social etiquette. Scary to think the authors of such junk are really serious. :eek:

Anyone trying to micromanage others for only the sake of social conformity is a new low.

Last edited:
This might be an unpopular opinion.... but I thought most of the list was either a joke or common sense politeness xD
I don't think they were intended as RULES, but more a bit of an entertaining whinge for the target audience (e.g. probably women who hear this kind of stuff a lot and just want a safe place to have a laugh about it).
I wouldn't take it too seriously guys :D

This might be an unpopular opinion.... but I thought most of the list was either a joke or common sense politeness xD
I don't think they were intended as RULES, but more a bit of an entertaining whinge for the target audience (e.g. probably women who hear this kind of stuff a lot and just want a safe place to have a laugh about it).
We're definitely laughing at it. :p

Everyone's got their own opinion, that's fine. Me? I'm not taking it seriously at all, because if I did I would be a hollow shell of a human being by now :)

If such articles could be confined to publications like "The Onion", at least we'd know the intent is satire and not someone's twisted sense of social etiquette. Scary to think the authors of such junk are really serious. :eek:

Anyone trying to micromanage others for only the sake of social conformity is a new low.

It's just click bait and it's just cheesey internet marketers making money, I doubt they believe it themselves.

Traffic can be turned to cash, and people read and share stuff like this whether they agree with or not.

Just by you clicking through there is a tiny cash win for the marketer, as they get paid to show you ads.

Resist click bait.

It's just click bait and it's just cheesey internet marketers making money, I doubt they believe it themselves.

Traffic can be turned to cash, and people read and share stuff like this whether they agree with or not.

Just by you clicking through there is a tiny cash win for the marketer, as they get paid to show you ads.

Resist click bait.

Good point. Click bait is far more lucrative than simply glancing at the headlines of the three-headed baby as you approach the checkout to purchase your groceries.

Apart from a media which is never content to merely inform the public, but rather shake them by their lapels. :rolleyes:

Sadly though there will always be a few who foolishly abide by what they see in print as gospel. Though Ann Landers probably just rolled over in her grave. :p

Last edited:
Good point. Click bait is far more lucrative than simply glancing at the headlines of the three-headed baby as you approach the checkout to purchase your groceries.

Apart from a media which is never content to merely inform the public, but rather shake them by their lapels. :rolleyes:

Yeah, why talk when when you can shout?

Honestly though this type of marketing is not a growth industry, and people shut it out. I do inbound marketing which is a wholly different animal.

New Threads

Top Bottom